Poll Will the Team End the Regular Season Undefeated? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll Will the Team End the Regular Season Undefeated?

Will Team end Regular Season Undefeated

• Total voters

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It will be as good as the 2002 team

According to 538 there is/are different measuring stick UConn teams. Check out: This UConn Team Was Better Than Last Year’s Team

" When a team dominates as thoroughly as these Huskies have (they won their NCAA Tournament games by an average of 39.8 points per game), history becomes the only opponent. And even against that standard, UConn keeps raising the bar."

Very interesting read I just stumbled into this morning. Sue, oh Sue, D ...

"And to the extent we’re able to measure things,
the 2015-16 Huskies were the best team of the modern era of women’s college basketball … supplanting the 2014-15 Huskies … who supplanted the 2013-14 Huskies. Each of Stewart’s final three years saw new ground broken in the area of women’s basketball greatness."

Reaction Score
I am not that focused on winning the last 6 games. I just want to win the last game. :)

Reaction Score
I say 4 losses plus. I've been reading some of the other threads and I did not realize how bad we are. Damn, I thot this was going to be a big year.

Reaction Score
This team overwhelms opponents. They have played a very tuff schedule schedule and have won every game without doubt. Have they been able to maintain big leads? Yes however unlike last season when they played their top 5 for most of the game they are working in their non starters this season to prepare them for the rest of the season and beyond. Lou has been out . Camara has been out. They still steamroll teams. It will all come together as the season progresses and as the season progresses the schedule get easier except for a few top teams.

Sunday we play ND. You cant compare ND's games to playing UConn. For example ND be Mich by 20 this week. Mich aint got UConns defense height balance or scoring ability. We did a number on ND last season on the road. This years game is at home and hopefully Lou can play and play like we know she can play. With 2 weeks off with an injury we shall see. I am very confident that this years version UConn is much better overall then last years because of their players added to the roster and their development.

Geno this season is like a farmer. He has planted the seeds, and is waiting for them to grow and when they do he will have a tremendous garden to choose from. Some will grow fast, some will grow slow and some many not grow at all but in the end he will have a garden to choose from. Be patient give them plenty of sun and water and wait...because it will be worth it.
\

With a healthy Katie Lou--undefeated, without her; that is iffy. No one on the team is the Defensive, Offensive, passing threat that KLS is at this time. Any defeats have to come without KLS, Z and Batouly and Walker not up to speed--or they won't happen.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
The stars will have to align for anyone to beat the Huskies this year. Keep in mind that in every game they’ve had leads of 29+, including the road game at #5 UCLA.

UCONN may not look as cohesive as they did for big stretches last year, but if you compare them to every other team, they are markedly better and the gap isn’t close IMO.

Reaction Score
The stars will have to align for anyone to beat the Huskies this year. Keep in mind that in every game they’ve had leads of 29+, including the road game at #5 UCLA.

UCONN may not look as cohesive as they did for big stretches last year, but if you compare them to every other team, they are markedly better and the gap isn’t close IMO.
You nailed it bballnut90!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson

Top Bottom