Votes: 30 27.0%
  • honorable mention

Votes: 25 22.5%
  • not at all

Votes: 23 20.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
He’s a hard worker with Good post up moves but the fact that he started playing basketball only a few years ago may limit his upside. He has quite a few areas that need upgrading (passing out of the post, basketball IQ, explosiveness and a mid range jump shot to name a few).

However he sure can be a difference maker if he improves the areas above. His current production level plus improvements could make him an All American. Needs to be more consistent game to game and produce in the big games.

RipCity

Absolute Savage
Reaction Score
He needs to shoot 60% not 50%. He was a beast at times this year, but at the end of the year he looked overrated to be honest. I think he is more talented than Kalkbrenner for example, but Kalkbrenner was better this year because he shot 66%.

Reaction Score
Need to read double/triple teams better and get rid of the ball. He should be averaging 4-6 assists a game. That's where he can improve his game.

Reaction Score
yes. I would bet on him being on one of the 3 teams. I think he’s going to average something crazy like 12 rebounds per game. Will probably score around 18 points too. He will live at the line

The only thing that could derail him besides injury is uconn having a bad season.

Reaction Score
I think he'll be 3rd team. He needs to get more efficient as others have noted, through a combination of better shot selection and better finishing. There's plenty of easy room for growth in terms of his passing - he could easily double his assists/game (only had 1.0 this year). Even a small improvement on free throws would be big for him too. He went from 58% as a freshman to 69% this past year. Not terrible, but getting up to 75% would be huge.

Bottom line, I think he ends up averaging 19p 12r 2.5b 2a. Doing that in the Big East will get him to 3rd team AA.

Reaction Score
Use the backboard on some of your shots please, and have to get better from the charity stripe. Adding an ability to hit a 10 foot jumper from the baseline and elbow would be a big plus. Then he will make one of the 3 AA teams.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately for Sonogo, unless he develops a J from 15 feet or so, he is destined for Europe. 6'8" low post centers do not make it in the NBA.

Reaction Score
If we get a mauler at power foward, he'll definitely get noticed. He's there already, he just needs a jeff adrian

Reaction Score
He needs a more well rounded offensive game to be m AA.

Reaction Score
Sanogo’s gonna struggle mightily without compentent guards that can hit consistent 3 point shots. Teams figured out the game plan last year and triple teamed him and left Whaley and AJ unguarded. This is is only going to be worse without Cole unless Hurley brings in at least 2 knock down 3 point shooters. So as it is right now… no I don’t see Sanogo being an All-American. With the right supporting cast.. potentially.

Reaction Score
Him being first team All American would be miraculous. That said, let's see if he comes back at all.

I've heard from several sources that he's testing the waters both in the league and over seas. It's not as clear cut as most of us think that he will return for his junior year.

Reaction Score
I hope he learns to be more aggressive around the rim and try dunking the ball more. Too much finesse for such a strong body

Reaction Score
Him being first team All American would be miraculous. That said, let's see if he comes back at all.

I've heard from several sources that he's testing the waters both in the league and over seas. It's not as clear cut as most of us think that he will return for his junior year.
It's pretty clear cut he'll be back. I'd say Luke and Kimani are pretty reliable sources

Reaction Score

I've heard something similar. I didn't want to post it and get everyone worried. But he's "toying with the idea of testing the waters." I know everyone says he's not ready for the NBA, but think about it from his perspective. He was just 1 of 5 finalists for the Kareem Abdul Award. He probably feels he should at least get feedback directly from NBA people. I think ultimately he'll be back at UConn since he's not projected to get drafted.

Reaction Score

Lol

Reaction Score
He needs to shoot 60% not 50%. He was a beast at times this year, but at the end of the year he looked overrated to be honest. I think he is more talented than Kalkbrenner for example, but Kalkbrenner was better this year because he shot 66%.
Three basketball truths
1,The Offensive efficiency of 5’s is directly proportional to the effectiveness of their teammates perimeter shooting
2. The efficiency of a slasher to get to the basket is directly proportional to the efficiency of themselves and their teammates shooting effectiveness on perimeter.
3. The perception of a guards handle is directly proportional to his teams ability to shoot on the perimeter and get spacing from the D.
4 The ability to make crisp entry passes is
“Fill in the blank “
Anyone seeing a trend.
Correlation doesn’t prove causation however it very suspicious.
In Short Sanogo post season honors depends on the team’s outside shooting performance.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom