POLL: Will HCRE2.0 Still Be the UC FB HC in 2022? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

POLL: Will HCRE2.0 Still Be the UC FB HC in 2022?

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
No - he will be Athletic Director by then after the football program wins the AAC and New Years Day bowl.

Reaction Score
nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Reaction Score
Guess I’m disqualified too

Depends on his record...

If he’s consistently showing improvement each year then yeah sign him to a 2 year extension... if not then let him go.
Kinda the point of the poll. Do you think that will happen? Binary question.

Reaction Score
Wow, 14 yes's and 6 no's so far. I do not think his contract will be renewed for 2022 and beyond for the simple reason that things have fundamentally changed and UConn will never reach a level that most would consider competitive or acceptable. But I am amazed at this response after a 1-11 season.

Reaction Score
Wow, 14 yes's and 6 no's so far. I do not think his contract will be renewed for 2022 and beyond for the simple reason that things have fundamentally changed and UConn will never reach a level that most would consider competitive or acceptable. But I am amazed at this response after a 1-11 season.
I’m not surprised. The 1-11 season was personnel driven, specifically the perceived (which I agree with) thinness of talent made HCRE play too many that were not mature enough to play, especially on defense. I have hope that in the next couple of years all those reps getting beaten up last year (and hopefully not as much this year) translates to success on the field in time for contracts renewal discussions. This year should better inform us about the ceiling of these kids.

Reaction Score
Have to see progress this year and that is not 2 wins. With the new President this is make or break for Edsall.

Reaction Score
things have fundamentally changed and UConn will never reach a level that most would consider competitive or acceptable.

Bullcrap! Look at Temple, there is no reason why we can't match their level of success. Temple should be under UCONN's boot. They have outperformed us because we hired PP and Diaco and they hired quality football coaches. Temple also made the difficult decision to cut some non revenue sports to cut expenses, why UCONN can't do the same is a mystery to me.

The AAC is a highly competitive and entertaining conference, UCONN just needs to be competent again to bring back the fans. Hopefully that can happen with Edsall because the alternative is more wasted years.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have to see progress this year and that is not 2 wins. With the new President this is make or break for Edsall.
TBD, but changing coaches every 3 years may have some less-than-positive impacts and any change may also potentially first depend on a new AD. Ideally, 2019 sees increased competitiveness, e.g., being in most games during late 3Q to 4Q, at least 3 wins, etc. Quite frankly, I'd prefer 14+ wins. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
TBD, but changing coaches every 3 years may have some less-than-positive impacts and any change may also potentially first depend on a new AD. Ideally, 2019 sees increased competitiveness, e.g., being in most games during late 3Q to 4Q, at least 3 wins, etc. Quite frankly, I'd prefer 14+ wins. :rolleyes:
Oh, I entirely agree with that. UConn cannot afford another coach in 2020 anyway. I just do not think his contract will be renewed in 2022.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom