Poll: Who's watching First night? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Poll: Who's watching First night?

Who's watching First Night (CW Friday at 7)?

• Me! I'm Super Casual! Can't wait to get a glimpse of the new team!

Votes: 83 58.5%
  • Never! I am above that kind of nonsense! I fart in your general direction!

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • I don't get that channel.

Votes: 44 31.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
If you have an antenna, CW20 is on, you guessed it, channel 20.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Thanks @Husky25 . Still not on the guide but I’ll record what’s listed.
That's what I did. My primary viewing is the ALCS, which will be on tape delay as it is because of Karate and dinner, but I will certainly catch some of First Night (or Modern Family, Penn & Teller, and/or Nancy Drew). I can't imagine @tcf15 wouldn't post it next week either.

Watching first night is the antithesis of casual. My theory is that some posters may be a tad bitter that they don't let the custodial staff to be there live.

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
I would happily watch the live stream, but I'll be at a high school football game. Anyone know if it's possible to watch the "live stream" after the fact? I'm guessing no, but can't hurt to ask.

Reaction Score
STORRS, Conn. – UConn Basketball First Night returns to Gampel Pavilion as a student-only event, on Friday, October 15. The teams will be introduced shortly after 7 p.m. and the festivities will be preceded by a block party on Jim Calhoun Way, beginning at 5 p.m. Fans can watch a live broadcast of the event on The CW20 from 7-8 p.m. or stream the entire event for free on FloSports.

Reserve Your Spot: UConn students will need to claim a free mobile ticket in advance in order to guarantee admission to First Night. The ticket claim process opens at 12 p.m. on Monday, October 11 at UConnHuskies.com/students and closes at 5 p.m. on Thursday, October 14. Once claimed, you will be emailed a mobile ticket to download to your Apple or Android wallet. For more instructions, visit UConnHuskies.com/mobiletickets. You will need both your valid UConn student ID AND your mobile ticket to get in.

Masks: Per University policy, all fans must wear a face covering while inside Gampel Pavilion.

Entrances: Students who have claimed a mobile ticket can enter Gampel Pavilion through the East and South entrances. Doors open at 5 p.m.

Students without a mobile ticket can enter the designated Overflow Line at the South Entrance for a chance to enter Gampel at 6:45 PM, if space is available. First-come, first-served.

Block Party: Beginning at 5 p.m., students are invited to gather outside Gampel Pavilion on Jim Calhoun Way. The block party will include several food trucks, video game trucks, a DJ, giveaways, yard games and more. The road will be closed to automobile traffic at 4 p.m.

Husky Hype Light Show: Download the UConn Huskies mobile app on the App Store or Google Play to be part of the light show during the player introductions and throughout the season.

T-Shirt & Poster Giveaway: The first 2,500 students in the building will receive a limited edition Basketball Capital of the World t-shirt and poster. First-come, first-served, while supplies last.

Gampel Pavilion: The home of the Huskies will open its doors to the student population at 5 p.m., giving the option to the most eager fans to reserve the best seats in Gampel Pavilion. However, there is hardly a bad seat in Gampel, so consider checking out the block party prior to entering Gampel, as there will be no re-entry allowed once you exit the building.

Shoot to Win: Four randomly selected students will have a chance at winning $10,000 by either making a half-court shot or heating up from beyond the three-point arc. More details to come.

Scrimmages: Following the introductions of the men's and women's basketball teams, the women's basketball team will compete in intrasquad scrimmage and the men will do the same following the women's team's scrimmage.

The teams are excited to be reintroduced to the student body, after a physically distant 2020-21 season!

Reaction Score
I have an extremely hard time imagining that recruits won't be allowed. It's been part of Dan's recruitment strategy over the years, and it only adds a handful of people.

Usually, we hear about some guests a day or two out. Hopefully we have an answer today.
Ding, ding. You win. From Borges at the New Haven Register.

Recruits will be able to attend Friday’s events, and Donovan Clingan, the Class of 2022 UConn commit from Bristol, is said to be planning to attend. Fellow ’22 commit Alex Karaban, who attends IMG Academy in Florida, told Hearst Connecticut Media he won’t be there “as much as I want to.”

Reaction Score
Still can't figure if it's on the CW (WCCT) that I get, as it's not listed in the guide, or if I don't get CW 20, whatever that is.
Look for Modern Family and Penn & Teller

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Red Sox vs Astros for me tonight. No way to DVR Facebook as far as I know, so it seems I will miss this.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It's on FloSports?? That $12.99 for one month practically pays for itself.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Red Sox vs Astros for me tonight. No way to DVR Facebook as far as I know, so it seems I will miss this.
Many times, a Facebook video feed is available for replay after its live stream. Or, @tcf15 perhaps?

My calendar shows a choice of BVFCC live music at 5:30-7:30, Artspace Open Spaces opening reception at 6-9, Velvet Underground movie & reception at Westport Library 7-10, New Haven Bike Party ride 7-10, and ALCS Game 1 at 8:07.

No chance that First Night gets watched in real time. It'll be a big deal if I do anything more than 2 items listed above.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
Many times, a Facebook video feed is available for replay after its live stream. Or, @tcf15 perhaps?

My calendar shows a choice of BVFCC live music at 5:30-7:30, Artspace Open Spaces opening reception at 6-9, Velvet Underground movie & reception at Westport Library 7-10, New Haven Bike Party ride 7-10, and ALCS Game 1 at 8:07.

No chance that First Night gets watched in real time. It'll be a big deal if I do anything more than 2 items listed above.
We've found the only non casual fan on the board.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

I'll watch baseball on laptop and first night on cell phone.

Reaction Score
Yankees fans have nothing else to do this Friday so they should be watching. I'm sure Red Sox fans would love to watch First Night but they are busy with more important matters. :)
There really is nothing more precious than watching Red Sox fans who think they're trolling Yankee fans by comparing postseason results.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom