Poll: Who's watching First night? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll: Who's watching First night?

Who's watching First Night (CW Friday at 7)?

• Me! I'm Super Casual! Can't wait to get a glimpse of the new team!

Votes: 83 58.5%
  • Never! I am above that kind of nonsense! I fart in your general direction!

Votes: 15 10.6%
  • I don't get that channel.

Votes: 44 31.0%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Still can't figure if it's on the CW (WCCT) that I get, as it's not listed in the guide, or if I don't get CW 20, whatever that is.

Psolo12

Future Doctor of Law
Reaction Score
Still can't figure if it's on the CW (WCCT) that I get, as it's not listed in the guide, or if I don't get CW 20, whatever that is.
You can also watch on the UConn athletics facebook page

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'm going to try to watch (sorry Chief). Obviously, I don't get the channel here in South Florida, but I'm going to try to watch the UConn-provided stream.
Same, but it isn't really all that watchable. Still, it's been a long off-season. I'm curious to get a look at the team.

Reaction Score
Same, but it isn't really all that watchable. Still, it's been a long off-season. I'm curious to get a look at the team.
I'll still give it a go. I am starved for UConn hoops.

We need a countdown . . .
  • 2 days to First Night
  • 6 days to Big East Media Day
  • 27 days to CCSU and the Big East Whip Around
EDIT: My VCR died a few years ago, but I can still continue my annual tradition of watching UConn's national championship games on DVD just before the season starts. Unfortunately, I don't have a DVD for 1999. :(

Reaction Score
Surprised there was more that 1 "Never"
It's not a cancel all plans or glued to the tube event but what I don't understand is why wouldn't any UConn men's bb fan check it out?

CL82

Reaction Score
Surprised there was more that 1 "Never"
It's not a cancel all plans or glued to the tube event but what I don't understand is why wouldn't any UConn men's bb fan check it out?
Meh, you know you are an addict when you'll use the rusty needle to get a fix. First night is the rusty needle of college basketball.

I'll give it a look anyway. [shrugs]

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
I'll go a step further, I've never watched it or never attended as a student.
Went once or twice as a student, have streamed it the last few years. It's cheesy. But it means UConn is back so I watch it...

Used to be actual "midnight madness" at midnight and just an open practice. But idk when they stopped doing that and switched to the current event in the evening time slot.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I'll still give it a go. I am starved for UConn hoops.

We need a countdown . . .
  • 2 days to First Night
  • 6 days to Big East Media Day
  • 27 days to CCSU and the Big East Whip Around
EDIT: My VCR died a few years ago, but I can still continue my annual tradition of watching UConn's national championship games on DVD just before the season starts. Unfortunately, I don't have a DVD for 1999. :(
What the [censored] is a VCR? ;)

Just so you know, the 1999 Championship game is on "YouTube."

"YouTube" is a "website" found on the "Internet" (or "World Wide Web" or " Information Super Highway") upon which one may view (or "stream") previously recorded, and sometimes live, events.

mike myers air quotes GIF

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
CT 20 is Channel 11 or 1020 (HD) on Comcast in Central Connecticut.

Reaction Score
I do like that they got rid of the the mixed (men and women on the court together) scrimmages, that Calhoun would have never allowed, and were kinda lame. Sounds like it will be scrimmages only from the Hurley/Borges interview.

Scrimmages: Following the introductions of the men's and women's basketball teams, the women's basketball team will compete in intrasquad scrimmage and the men will do the same following the women's team's scrimmage.

Reaction Score
What the [censored] is a VCR? ;)

Just so you know, the 1999 Championship game is on "YouTube."

"YouTube" is a "website" found on the "Internet" (or "World Wide Web" or " Information Super Highway") upon which one may view (or "stream") previously recorded, and sometimes live, events.

mike myers air quotes GIF
Or even easier to find is just click the link under "tcf's stuff" at the top here and click on "UConn Basketball Games" and you can watch almost every game from the last 30-40 years. That will get @SoFla Steve through the entire offseason.

Link provided: Welcome to UConn Husky Games!

CL82

Reaction Score
I do like that they got rid of the the mixed (men and women on the court together) scrimmages, that Calhoun would have never allowed, and were kinda lame.
The last couple of Calhoun's charity alumni games were co-ed. I believe that started when Svetlana Abrosimova called Calhoun and asked if she could come. Jim's reaction was enthusiastic and he encouraged her to invite whomever she wanted to come too.

Reaction Score
My cable company is Optimum…does any know if I will be able to view the event. Also what time?

Reaction Score
The last couple of Calhoun's charity alumni games were co-ed. I believe that started when Svetlana Abrosimova called Calhoun and asked if she could come. Jim's reaction was enthusiastic and he encouraged her to invite whomever she wanted to come too.
Yeah, I read that, which certainly should be expected seeing it was getting close to its expiration date. Since it was a game played to raise money with alot of his "guys" getting to old to play. Plus I'm sure any women's fans that came out, was a positive for JC's cause. But KO was the first HC to ever allow the women on the court with his men, IIRC. Which made it more like a lay-up line than a scrimmage.

CL82

Reaction Score
Yeah, I read that, which certainly should be expected seeing it was getting close to its expiration date. Since it was a game played to raise money with alot of his "guys" getting to old to play. Plus I'm sure any women's fans that came out, was a positive for JC's cause. But KO was the first HC to ever allow the women on the court with his men, IIRC. Which made it more like a lay-up line than a scrimmage.
[Shrugs] First night isn't a practice, it's a show. I'm fine with whatever they do because it only matters to me in that it starts the countdown to the start of the season. I prefer they way they are doing it this year, though. I think think you get a better look with guys vs guys, women vs woman than mixed squads.

Reaction Score
[Shrugs] First night isn't a practice, it's a show. I'm fine with whatever they do because it only matters to me in that it starts the countdown to the start of the season. I prefer they way they are doing it this year, though. I think think you get a better look with guys vs guys, women vs woman than mixed squads.
Me too, I wonder if that makes me a casual fan, since I normally haven't shown up for this type of thing either way....;)

Reaction Score
Everyone will look awesome and it'll be a great opportunity for everyone to talk on about the unbelievable tremendous depth the team has...10 deep...at least, maybe 12!

CL82

Reaction Score
Me too, I wonder if that makes me a casual fan, since I normally haven't shown up for this type of thing either way....;)
But you are talking about it, so you are interested. It probably makes you a semi formal fan. Certainly no worse than a business casual fan.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom