Poll Who Would You Vote #1 This Week? | The Boneyard

Poll Who Would You Vote #1 This Week?

Who Would You Vote #1 this Week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Who would you vote #1 this week? IMO the Voters may Vote UConn #1, but does UConn deserve to be ranked #1 because they beat So Carolina in OT and only have one loss? Does UConn pass the Eye Test and have the Strength of Schedule that other teams have? I didn't watch the Georgetown game, but did listen to it and followed along the play by play stats. I have watched all other games. I have no doubt that if UConn played in a P5 Conference they would have more then one loss and watching games, they don't pass the eye test as a #1 ranked team. Massey and NCAA Net Rankings have UConn as the #2 team behind Stanford. I probably won't vote UConn #1 in this poll but I will wait until I see some of the results of today's games to make my selection.

Reaction Score
Curios as to why poll will close Feb 17 (Wed), 7:24am. Two days after the AP poll comes out on Monday. Does your eye test only apply to UConn and have you watched all the teams in your poll for their "eye test"?

Reaction Score
I would vote for us, but that doesn't necessarily mean I think we are the best team. We certainly haven't played like number one in the last two games. But yes, beating South Carolina and only having one loss gets you to number 1 when so many of the other contenders have lost a couple of games.

The best teams in the power 5 conferences do play far more challenging games. I don't think that difference explains away an extra loss or two, but what it does mean is if Uconn has the same number of losses as a great team in a power 5 conference, they will and probably should be ranked lower.

Right now we are blessed with a favorable scenario. We could even underachieve the rest of the way and possibly retain the number 1 or maybe number 2 ranking. Win out, even in an unimpressive way against teams we should not lose to, and a top seed is pretty much assured. Lose one of those games and a top seed is probably gone.

We don't have any remaining games that could elevate our status much. The South Carolina game was the only opportunity to "make up" for the loss to Arkansas. we won but obviously the game could have gone the other way. If it had, we might have been in a situation where a top seed was out of our hands. I think you could lose to SC in a close game and still have a chance at a top seed, but not if you also have the Arkansas loss, and don't play as tough a schedule.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Im going with UConn as number 1 as I have all season. Some of the best talent with a go to player who can take over a game in many different ways. LVille has Dana Evans a very good go to player too. Both teams have good ball handlers and both have good guards. 3rd I like Stanford. They have a good team with some pretty good guard play to go along with their height. SC I choose 4th because IMO they dont have great guards and a go to player. As good as Boston is she doesnt take over a game and alot of that has to do with guard play.

Going into the NCAAs you need a go to player that stands out and that is clutch. Paige is that player who also makes everybody else better. Right now we're waiting for everybody else to get to where we expect them to be. Again and Ive said this season. We need to get a few more games under our belt and have a least 20 games in to see where we're at. We're young and sometimes look great and sometimes not so great. We're still adjusting to the college game. When we're firing on all cylinders we're gonna be a tuff out. We are also 4-1 against top ranked teams, and we're not where we expect our team to be.

We saw in the Diana era what 1 dominate player can do. We may their right now until everybody else falls into place. With that said in 4-5 more games we will see what we look like.

Reaction Score
Some people think “who do you think is #1” is a different question from “who is the best team”.
I suspect that you really wanted to know the latter.

In any event I think the 2 questions should be the same.
UConn has a bunch of weaknesses, and I’m not confident in being able to hide them for 6 ncaa games. I would put Stanford 1, as I will in my BY poll entry.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I actually did want to know who the BY readers would vote #1 as I wanted to see how many are wearing Blue Tinted Glasses. For me, if I didn't think UConn was the best team, I wouldn't vote them #1 even though I root and a huge fan of UConn. Preliminary results of the poll is we have a lot of BY readers that are wearing Blue Tinted Glasses. I guess some could be voting UConn #1 as they think the writers and coaches will vote UConn #1.

For me I'm not sure who should be the #1 team in the country. I'm leaning towards Stanford as I think they are a balanced team and have played really well despite playing most of their games on the road. However, if Texas A&M blows out the Lady Vols today, I might vote them #1.

Tomorrow after the NCAA announces their Preliminary Top 16, I might create a Poll on Which Teams will make the Final Four based on the NCAA bracket. As of Today, I have no clue on which teams will make the Final Four. The Brackets will be critical this year.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Let's see...this forum is (mainly) where fans of UConn WBB come to discuss the 11 National Championships, UConn WBB, the GOATs and in the off season music trivia. Except for the demeaning threads/posts about the players and coaches that continue to be posted (and Ignored), I would hope that the vast majority of people here are proud to wear Blue Tinted Glasses and aren't here to one up other members with their WBB knowledge/opinions, which seems commonplace.

Reaction Score
IMO, this isn't about who's wearing Blue Tinted Glasses at all. If one chooses not to select UConn as #1, I'm sure Geno will still have his glass of wine before he goes to bed. Every team has flaws. Before the UConn vs South Carolina game, South Carolina was considered to be the "strongest" team, so why didn't they win? Usually if a team (#2 in polls) beats a team (#1 in same poll), the pollsters/voters will usually elevate the winning team over the team that lost, simple math. Surely all the AP and Coaches voters are not wearing Blue Tinted Glasses.

Reaction Score
As I have repeatedly said - UConn has flaws like all the other teams but have the guts to win. I have not seen a team this year that I thought was better. Some games maybe but not overall. Most of the teams that I consider final four material can not score with UConn even when they are being average. SC was one that I felt that way about. SC played good defense and got close. I've seen Louisville too many times to think they are even close. Stanford is but I'm not convinced they can score with the best in the tournament. I still believe the PAC12 is being rated based on last year's teams not the current ones. UConn to me is #1 until proven otherwise.

Reaction Score
I refuse to vote in a poll that's already prejudiced against UConn based on your comments. Way to support your team.

Reaction Score
I voted for UConn because they have some good wins and a decent loss compared to the losses other teams have. I don’t think that UConn is head and shoulders above the rest of the field, but based on the past week and their schedule as a whole, UConn is currently the #1 team in the country. I truly believe this year is unlike most recent years where there are really only 2-4 teams that have a legit NC argument. This year it seems like there are possibly 8-10 teams that could cause a few upsets on any given night and make it to the FF.

Reaction Score
I refuse to vote in a poll that's already prejudiced against UConn based on your comments. Way to support your team.
Support for anything should not be blind. People are making their arguments for and against UConn being the #1 team in the poll. That’s called rationalizing and justifying and it’s important to forming a complete opinion about anyone/anything.

Reaction Score
Support for anything should not be blind. People are making their arguments for and against UConn being the #1 team in the poll. That’s called rationalizing and justifying and it’s important to forming a complete opinion about anyone/anything.

What's frustrating about this thread it's that the OP is digging on those that don't agree with his or her opinion with that blue-tinted remark. So something as subjective as this- he or she is thinking his or her way is the only way to look at things.

It's absolutely fine vowelguy and others don't see UCONN as 1. But to suggest those that see UCONN as #1 on such a subjective thing are wearing blue-tinted glasses is pretty weak imo. Thus deserves a little snip back.

Reaction Score
UConn is as deserving the number 1 as any other team. There are no great teams this year...

Reaction Score
Some people think “who do you think is #1” is a different question from “who is the best team”.
I suspect that you really wanted to know the latter.

In any event I think the 2 questions should be the same.
UConn has a bunch of weaknesses, and I’m not confident in being able to hide them for 6 ncaa games. I would put Stanford 1, as I will in my BY poll entry.
Every team I've watched this year has significant weaknesses. There is no dominate team this year, which is why the NCAA tournament is a must see this year.

Reaction Score
I actually did want to know who the BY readers would vote #1 as I wanted to see how many are wearing Blue Tinted Glasses. For me, if I didn't think UConn was the best team, I wouldn't vote them #1 even though I root and a huge fan of UConn. Preliminary results of the poll is we have a lot of BY readers that are wearing Blue Tinted Glasses. I guess some could be voting UConn #1 as they think the writers and coaches will vote UConn #1.

For me I'm not sure who should be the #1 team in the country. I'm leaning towards Stanford as I think they are a balanced team and have played really well despite playing most of their games on the road. However, if Texas A&M blows out the Lady Vols today, I might vote them #1.

Tomorrow after the NCAA announces their Preliminary Top 16, I might create a Poll on Which Teams will make the Final Four based on the NCAA bracket. As of Today, I have no clue on which teams will make the Final Four. The Brackets will be critical this year.
What I don’t understand is why everyone who votes UConn number one is a homer? Didn’t the national chart have us at number one? Are those voters all UConn homers as well? I don’t get your reluctance to have UConn in the top spot? SC has two losses, one of which is to us and several underwhelming wins, Stanford has two losses, one of which was to an unranked Colorado team. Louisville has been underwhelming in several wins against unranked teams, NC State has fallen out of contention, Baylor has slipped on the ice and is struggling. UConn is the number one team! Are we a dominant number one? No, I don’t think so, but I do think UConn has the most legit claim to the top ranking right now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom