Poll Who Wins WNBA Title This Year ? | The Boneyard

Poll Who Wins WNBA Title This Year ?

Who win WNBA Title

• Total voters

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
After the first 8-10 games, a prediction would have been the CT Sun and the LA Sparks will meet for the finals. As the season has gone on, doesn't look that way now, but I would still consider the Sparks as one of the favorites. Have the Lynx rebounded from their horrible start and should they be considered one of the favorites? What about Seattle? Is Sue and her young players including Stewie have enough experience to win it all?

Decided to include an other option to enable voters who think Dallas with Cambage, Washington with EDD or Phoenix with DT can win it all.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Who knows!!! If LA doesn't move up in standings they could be in the ridiculous 1 game elimination to start championship. At this point every team can beat anyone including themselves with head scratching play!

I would like to see some new blood in the finals. Atlanta, Seattle, Connecticut or Dallas. I also wouldn't be surprised if ended up being Minnesota and LA again just because that is how the season has gone.

Reaction Score
Seattle is playing great b-ball this year, but they still have a big hole in their lineup. Need a player to take some of the rebounding and post defense pressure off Stewie. Paris doesn’t seem to be able. Just got to say it, isn’t Sue an amazing athlete.

Reaction Score
Seattle is playing great b-ball this year, but they still have a big hole in their lineup. Need a player to take some of the rebounding and post defense pressure off Stewie. Paris doesn’t seem to be able. Just got to say it, isn’t Sue an amazing athlete.
Amazing! I actually have Sue as my league MVP right now. I honestly see it that way.

The competition in the WNBA is as close as ever this year. One look at the current standings bears that out. So I followed my heart and picked Seattle to win it all.

Reaction Score
Seattle right now seems to be the most consistent of the 12 teams. The other 11 have had flaky losses that you would not expect looking at the rosters!
Atlanta, with Tiffany Hayes playing like an athlete on fire, might be the other finalist!
LA and MN can look fantastic like the last 3-4 years or look totally inept!
It may come down to who is healthy and on a hot streak at the end of the season!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Amazing! I actually have Sue as my league MVP right now. I honestly see it that way.

The competition in the WNBA is as close as ever this year. One look at the current standings bears that out. So I followed my heart and picked Seattle to win it all.
PPG gets the most "publicity" in these lists, but it's not "most outstanding player", but rather "most valuable player". As great as Stewie is, it's Sue that drives the Seattle bus... so it's hard to disagree that Sue is MVP for Seattle.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score

Agree with your assessment...I think Seattle needs to get help in the upcoming 2019 draft to address that situation. Rebounding and defense are things that Brianna Turner does very well.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
If Los Angeles gets back Ogwumike and Beard I would still favor them for the title.... But I sure as heck wouldn't put any money on that.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Agree with your assessment...I think Seattle needs to get help in the upcoming 2019 to address that situation. Rebounding and defense is something Brianna Turner does very well.

I'm a huge Brianna Turner fan. She will be a first round draft choice in April of next year. I would love to see her go to Seattle. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

Carnac

Reaction Score
If Los Angeles gets back Ogwumike and Beard I would still favor them for the title.... But I sure as heck wouldn't put any money on that.

Non Sparks fans have no idea the impact and importance starters Nneka and Alana have on this team. I was at the Fever game last week at Staples, and was shocked that they could not overcome the hapless 2 win Fever. They were completely out of sync. When both are on the floor, the Sparks are a veteran team that won't make a lot of mistakes.

The Lynx should have lost to the 7 win Liberty last night at home. They're not trending. They can be beat. Right now, no team is running away and hiding from the rest of the league. No team has a "toe hold" on making it to the championship finals.

Seattle has as good a chance as anyone else. However, if the Sparks can get Nneka and Alana of them back healthy, they're going to be right in the thick of the playoffs. I think it's going to come down to whoever can put together a string of consecutive games where they play well, play together, not beat themselves, share the ball and limit their turnovers.

Right now, three days before the all-star break, I don't see a clearcut and definitive no brainer winner that is "the team to beat". Some teams have only 8 games left on their schedule. The teams at the top are going to be jockeying for position, trying to get those first round byes. It's going to be a wild ride the rest of the way. :)

Here are the latest transactions in the WNBA as of Wednesday July 25.

Last edited by a moderator:

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score
PPG gets the most "publicity" in these lists, but it's not "most outstanding player", but rather "most valuable player". As great as Stewie is, it's Sue that drives the Seattle bus... so it's hard to disagree that Sue is MVP for Seattle.

I actually find it very easy to disagree. I happen to think averaging 23 and 8 is pretty darn valuable. Especially when you are scoring those 23 as efficiently as Stewart is. No doubt it helps that Bird is getting her great shots but Stewie still has to actually make them. To use the bus analogy, Bird's a great driver, but the bus goes nowhere without the engine, and that's Stewie.

Some selected stat rankings for Stewie (per Basketball Reference):
2-pt FG % - 1st
PPG - 1st
RPG - 5th
SPG - 5th
PER - 2nd
TS % - 4th
EFG% - 4th
Offensive Rating - 2nd
Defensive Rating - 3rd
Win Shares - 1st

On topic, I think Seattle has to be the favorite. They are the only team in the top 3 in both offensive and defensive rating. I can't shake the feeling, however, that Minnesota and LA are coasting through the regular season and will hit a whole different level come playoff time.

Reaction Score
The Sparks need at least Nneka to have a shot. With her and Alana, they'd be in good shape, but even then I think it would be down to them, Seattle, and Atlanta. My guess is Atlanta, but I'm not betting the farm.

Reaction Score
I actually find it very easy to disagree. I happen to think averaging 23 and 8 is pretty darn valuable. Especially when you are scoring those 23 as efficiently as Stewart is. No doubt it helps that Bird is getting her great shots but Stewie still has to actually make them. To use the bus analogy, Bird's a great driver, but the bus goes nowhere without the engine, and that's Stewie.

Some selected stat rankings for Stewie (per Basketball Reference):
2-pt FG % - 1st
PPG - 1st
RPG - 5th
SPG - 5th
PER - 2nd
TS % - 4th
EFG% - 4th
Offensive Rating - 2nd
Defensive Rating - 3rd
Win Shares - 1st

On topic, I think Seattle has to be the favorite. They are the only team in the top 3 in both offensive and defensive rating. I can't shake the feeling, however, that Minnesota and LA are coasting through the regular season and will hit a whole different level come playoff time.
Without Stewie Seattle is a lottery team, Stewie is also important on the defensive end of the floor, allowing others to overplay knowing she is there. Howard can go for blocks knowing Stewie is around, which has made her a better player. Sue and Jewell have a hard time defending quick guards, and Atlanta has outplayed them all 3 games.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
My picks:

1. Seattle

2. Las Vegas--if they make the playoffs and MJ gets PT.

3. Los Angeles

4. Atlanta

5. Minnesota

Carnac

Reaction Score
My picks:

1. Seattle

2. Las Vegas--if they make the playoffs and MJ gets PT.

3. Los Angeles

4. Atlanta

5. Minnesota

It looks like the Aces may make the playoffs (I love it). I made it to two Aces home games this year, and enjoyed both games). I would swap them and the Sparks. The Aces are still a work in progress. They can't beat the Storm or the Sparks in a series where they don't have home court advantage. Maybe in a year or two, but not this year. If the playoffs began today, I've give the nod to Seattle. :cool:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
It looks like the Aces may make the playoffs (I love it). I made it to two Aces home games this year, and enjoyed both games). I would swap them and the Sparks. The Aces are still a work in progress. They can't beat the Storm or the Sparks in a series where they don't have home court advantage. Maybe in a year or two, but not this year. If the playoffs began today, I've give the nod to Seattle. :cool:
The Aces got the missing piece in the draft, and she has been more successful than many of us expected this early. They also added a few other good pieces, KMac is on a tear, Plum is improving, and Mo Jeff is back. They are dangerous, surprisingly so.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
41 votes out of how many (basketball luv'in) board members? Hmmmm, same as ticket sales and viewers! Hey, where are you fans? Pony up a vote.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom