• South Carolina over Stanford

Votes: 44 32.1%
  • Stanford over South Carolina

Votes: 92 67.2%

• Total voters

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Who do you think will win on Friday? Pick 2... Not "who do you want to win", but "who do you actually think will win...!" I think 95% of us would prefer to see UCONN vs. Stanford...

Reaction Score
If Stanford could shut down or cause Aja Wilson to end up in foul trouble I could very easily see Stanford winning in a close game. I do not think it would be a blow out... but similar to the Notre Dame game. A last minute bucket....

Reaction Score
If Stanford could shut down or cause Aja Wilson to end up in foul trouble I could very easily see Stanford winning in a close game. I do not think it would be a blow out... but similar to the Notre Dame game. A last minute bucket....
I think Stanford will prevail because they are extraordinarily well coached and Tara will help neutralize A'ja, at least to an extent. On the other hand, maybe she'll neutralize everyone else and make it A'ja or nothing and either way, I'm picking Stanford because I think they have a better TEAM. They're more cohesive.

Reaction Score
I think it'll end up UConn vs. South Carolina.

I know it's a great storyline but I see KLS vs. her sister as a being huge distraction.

Reaction Score
Stanford had one of the best coaches in the game and their team is playing extremely well right now. SC is a 1 seed but is still being treated like an underdog. Which is fine because I think they play it well but I would underestimate the Gamecocks neither the Bulldogs. If Tara takes away the Wilson option it would be foolish giving Davis and Gray more scoring opportunities. David is averaging 21.5 ppg and Gray 16.9 ppg and 9.2 rpg. At this point it's kinda like pick your poison if you decide to take away Gray and Davis as scoring options then you better make sure you have a player capable of keeping aja in check. The players that's going to get overlooked on the Stanford scouting report are BCM and Harris. I think both players are going to have big games because SC will speed Stanford up and make them play a tempo game and when BCM is at the point of attack she can put numbers up QUICKLY. Harris is poised and collective and will thrive in this matchup because sneizek will have trouble forcing her to give the ball up just like Romero did. Doniyah Cliney is playing very good off the bench and came in to shut Shakayla Thomas down in the second half and pulled down 8 rebounds.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm surprised at the number of people who think Stanford will win.

Reaction Score
SC is playing without Coates, and has a pedigree of losing when they should win in the NCAA. Stanford has a pedigree of winning when they should lose.

People seriously needs to drop this notion, SC plays better without her and she's dearly missed in the rebounding department but it won't make a difference agaisnt Stanford who barely outrebounded an Under sized ND team by 1.

Reaction Score
The Gamecocks should win their game, but I picked Stanford because of their coach and some wishful thinking about a showdown between Lou and Karlie...and because Stanford is dodging UConn at the moment and Tara needs the loss...

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I just checked out the betting line. SC is 2.5 over Stanford, UConn 21.5 over MSST.

Reaction Score
Tara and her coaching staff have had a few days to scout South Carolina and while it comes down to how the players play (the team seems to have been up and down all season, not sure which team will show up), I would put my money on Stanford being at least well prepared for the game. Giving Tara a few days to prepare for a team is almost a sure thing.
Appealing to the mojo gods on this one, and taking no responsibility for any outcome of this game, I can't imagine UConn having too much trouble with MSST.
My choices to move on are Stanford and UConn.

Reaction Score
Tara and her coaching staff have had a few days to scout South Carolina and while it comes down to how the players play (the team seems to have been up and down all season, not sure which team will show up), I would put my money on Stanford being at least well prepared for the game. Giving Tara a few days to prepare for a team is almost a sure thing.
Appealing to the mojo gods on this one, and taking no responsibility for any outcome of this game, I can't imagine UConn having too much trouble with MSST.
My choices to move on are Stanford and UConn.
Agree. I'm really glad she has all that prep time for SC, and then the short turnaround for UConn. If SC is looking past Stanford then they're in for a rude awakening.

Reaction Score
I think it'll end up UConn vs. South Carolina.

I know it's a great storyline but I see KLS vs. her sister as a being huge distraction.
This. Lou has already admitted as much. Would much rather take my chances with South Carolina, a team we've had recent success against and at least know what we're up against. Besides, weird crap always happens when we play Stanford: 20-12 half time scores, 90 game winning streaks broken, OT losses with a last second 3 to tie in regulation. No thanks.

Reaction Score
Coaching. Tara coached the Olympic team in 1996. Dawn will it in 2020. That's a 24-year advantage.

There's a lot of history between Tara and Dawn. To my knowledge, in coaching battles, Dawn hasn't beat Tara yet. Not using that as a reason I think Stanford pulls it off though, that has nothing to do with it.

24 years is what it takes to go from player to coach of the Olympic team, I guess? :D

Bliss

Mizzou Ballyhoo
Reaction Score
I keep thinking about how my Missouri gals beat SC and feel confident that Stanford will prevail.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom