Poll: who is most likely to lose crunch-time minutes | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll: who is most likely to lose crunch-time minutes

Which of these players is most likely to sit in crunch-time?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Really depends, if they can go small I would see Brimah being off, if not maybe Purvis or Adams.

I'd go with Purvis, strictly based on free throw shooting.

Reaction Score
Brimah will be IN b'c he is too much of a shot-altering presence on the defensive end --- and he can hit his free throws when it matters...St Joes can testify to that

Reaction Score
I'll admit that after much deliberation I chose Brimah, which felt weird because I feel like I've been one of his most vocal defenders on this board. And even with that being said, I still have astronomical hopes for Brimah this season - which will finally follow a full offseason - and would not be shocked if he were our best or second best player. Hell, in my opinion, he was our second best player last season - at least until March - which is why it's a bit absurd that I voted the way I did.

My guess is that our crunch-time five will be more dictated by situational variables, as others have stated, just like it was in 2014, when sometimes Kromah would close games, sometimes Phil would close games, and other times it would be Amida. For contrast sake, in 2011, it was pretty much a given that Kemba, Shabazz, Lamb, Roscoe, and AO would close games, at least by the end of the year (Giffey played crunch-time minutes early in the season before Lamb emerged). So I had to use the phrase "most likely" to try to account for the various factors that really can't be qualified until the games start.

Still, I can't shake the memories of the dominant, five-man SN-RB-LK-DD-NG units destroying people throughout the 2014 season, and on the biggest stages. On defense, playing one of the most versatile players in the country in Miller at the five enables us to switch almost anything, and on the other end, the spread look that Ollie was trying to implement last season becomes far more palatable with five guys who can handle, drive, and shoot.

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
I am wondering if KO might do some subbing offense-defense at times late in games.

Reaction Score
I am wondering if KO might do some subbing offense-defense at times late in games.

I think he certainly will do some of that. I could see him going offense/defense with Adams/Purvis pretty easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom