Poll: Who fills the swag void? | The Boneyard

Poll: Who fills the swag void?

Who replaces the moxy we lose with the show?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
Curious as to who the board things will step into the emotional leader role of the team.

Reaction Score
Boat's "swag" never made the team better. Not as a frosh and not as a senior. It's not a coincidence that the years the team overachieved were the years he but his swag away and played Robin to Bazz's Batman.

That is not meant as a knock on Boat -- he was a warrior and a player and played his heart out. But a point has to lead those around him into being better, and that wasn't Boat. A leader with less swag will be fine with me.

Reaction Score
I have no idea but I expect Gibbs to have onions to knock down big time threes and I expect Miller to own his area of the paint.

Reaction Score
i believe adams will establish a new level of swagger, but hamiltons got it by the bucket full too.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Easy with the Adams worship. Purvis is already taking on the role as the lead host on visits, and has shown the most moxie and heart out of any of the returning guys. Adams will be the guy, but not this year. He's not a holy deity.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I posted the poll because I think everyone on the above list has a little bit of swag waiting to be let out. If Hamilton plays angry, woah boy.

Reaction Score
Purvis in a walk.

By the end of last year, this team belonged to Purvis and DHam. Based on their respective personalities, I see Purvis as the emotional leader and DHam as the Rip-esque 'team-oriented best player'. Also starring Sterling Gibbs as the 'steady veteran presence', Jalen Adams as the 'brash young rook', and Jerry Mathers as 'the Beaver'.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Purvis in a walk.

Oh yeah. When Boat was out in the AAC semifinal, there was absolutely no question who's team it was. Purv had buckets full of swagger and maybe the best smile this side of KEA while showing it off.

Yankees32123

'99, '04, '11, '14, '23, ‘24
Reaction Score
I'm not talking about team leader/best player I'm just predicting who's gonna bring the most swag out on the court and its definitely Adams.

Reaction Score
Boat's "swag" never made the team better. Not as a frosh and not as a senior. It's not a coincidence that the years the team overachieved were the years he but his swag away and played Robin to Bazz's Batman.

That is not meant as a knock on Boat -- he was a warrior and a player and played his heart out. But a point has to lead those around him into being better, and that wasn't Boat. A leader with less swag will be fine with me.

It is nothing but a coincidence IMO.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ollie.

This team has no natural leader and KO is going to have to fill that void.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I'm all for confidence and having onions. I'm not a huge fan of "swag" unless it helps cement great team chemistry and helps spur everyone to greater heights. I'm not sure Bazz had great "swag", but the guy was a tremendous leader and played his heart out. Same with Kemba. I'd take guys with their talent and "attitude" any day of the week.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
I mean, swag is for fans. It's a likeability/personality measure that most often has no bearing on Ws and Ls.

I agree with this. I think that the "emotional leader" bit and the "swag" bit are probably separate. With that being said, I can definitely see Adams playing with a lot of fire and pluck. But you're not going to have a freshman coming off the bench as the emotional leader.

Reaction Score
You guys need to watch more Gibbs highlights...kid oozes swag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member