Poll Who are you Rooting for Maryland or UCLA | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll Who are you Rooting for Maryland or UCLA

Who are You Rooting For Maryland or UCLA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I can't stand Brenda Frese! When she's on TV I hold onto my wallet with both hands so she can't steal it!
IMHO she's a female carnival barker!
Despite criticism for several years, Freese refuses to play a strong schedule to prepare her team to succeed in these big games. Maryland's strength of schedule is abysmal.

Reaction Score
Three good games so far. ND is blowing out Michigan State, but NC State, Syracuse, & UCLA have small leads at halftime.

Reaction Score
I started rooting for UCLA when I realized that ESPN has a love affair with Brenda Freese & her fiery speeches. They always over-hype her screaming tirades that seldom motivate her team to victory.

Reaction Score
I would much have preferred playing Maryland than any of the top 5 or 6 PAC-12 teams. If Geno is able to do his magic and get this year’s team to the NC game he may just be looking down the sideline at Tara sitting on the opposing team’s bench.

Reaction Score
I'd say the over/under on UCLA offensive rebounds vs UConn might be about 40.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Next up, UCLA on Friday, thoughts?

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
I forget whether it was Bridgeport or Albany, but a couple of years ago (when Ionescu was a freshman), Oregon as a #7 seed beat Maryland as a #2 seed in the Sweet Sixteen game, and then lost badly to UConn in the Elite Eight. (That was UConn's 111th consecutive victory, and we know what happened in their next game.)

Maryland looked bad in that game against Oregon, like they weren't really prepared. I tend to think that history in that sense will repeat itself tonight.

Oregon was actually the 10th seed that year and started 3 freshmen, a sophomore, and a junior. I believe that Maryland was the #3 seed and led by Shatori Walker-Kimbough and Brionna Jones. Oregon led by 10 at the half and won by 14. (They had beaten the #2 seed, Duke, the week before.) As someone mentioned above, the Pac 12 hasn't been kind to Maryland.

Last edited:

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Oregon was actually the 11th seed that year and started 3 freshmen, a sophomore, and a junior. I believe that Maryland was the #3 seed and led by Shatori Walker-Kimbough and Brionna Jones. Oregon led by 10 at the half and won by 14. (They had beaten the #2 seed, Duke, the week before.) As someone mentioned above, the Pac 12 hasn't been kind to Maryland.
Minor correction. Oregon was the #10 seed that year. Narrowly beat #7 Temple in round 1 when a drive by Fitzgerald didn't fall. Then beat #2 Duke in round 2 at Cameron.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
"We defend!!
We rebound!!
And we run them out of the gym!!"

So thoughtful. So inspiring. :rolleyes:

Ran UCLA out of the gym all right...all the way to Albany!

Last edited:

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Brenda Frese probably doesn't ever want to see a Pac 12 team again. Certainly not in the Tourney. 3 of the last 4 years?

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
[
Minor correction. Oregon was the #10 seed that year. Narrowly beat #7 Temple in round 1 when a drive by Fitzgerald didn't fall. Then beat #2 Duke in round 2 at Cameron.

Thank you. I've corrected my post.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom