Poll Who are you Rooting for Maryland or UCLA | The Boneyard

Poll Who are you Rooting for Maryland or UCLA

Who are You Rooting For Maryland or UCLA

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Are you rooting for Maryland or UCLA in tonight's game. Winner faces UConn in Albany.

I'd like to see UCLA win as I think its a better match up for UConn. However, I think Maryland wins.

SimpleDawg

Dan Mullen, Dak Prescott, and Vic Schaefer fan
Reaction Score
Not a UConn fan, but from an outsider's perspective I think it's two bad sides of the coin for UConn. Maryland is the strongest #3 seed in my eyes, and UCLA is the strongest #6 seed and I don't think there's any debate with that - the latter. I don't think UCLA is a 6 seed.

There's a reason they say Albany regional is the hardest. I don't have much of a preference for this game, but I guess I admire UCLA's play a little bit more this year, but I totally see those Maryland strengths and they have the players that can well take advantage of you on an off night.

Reaction Score
Not a UConn fan, but from an outsider's perspective I think it's two bad sides of the coin for UConn. Maryland is the strongest #3 seed in my eyes, and UCLA is the strongest #6 seed and I don't think there's any debate with that - the latter. I don't think UCLA is a 6 seed.

There's a reason they say Albany regional is the hardest. I don't have much of a preference for this game, but I guess I admire UCLA's play a little bit more this year, but I totally see those Maryland strengths and they have the players that can well take advantage of you on an off night.

I think your operative words are “on an off night”

Reaction Score
Massey has UCONN as a 10 point favorite with an 82% chance of victory over both teams. Tonight's point spread is EVEN with both teams having a 50% chance of winning. Very unusual for a #3 vs. #6 matchup. This indicates that UCLA is better than a #6 seed.

Reaction Score
Massey has UCONN as a 10 point favorite with an 82% chance of victory over both teams. Tonight's point spread is EVEN with both teams having a 50% chance of winning. Very unusual for a #3 vs. #6 matchup. This indicates that UCLA is better than a #6 seed.
This is interesting. UCLA is way better than a 6th seed, especially the way they played Oregon the last two times they faced each other. Also Maryland doesn't do well historically against PAC 12 teams.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think MD will win but rooting for UCLA since MD has been known to give us a headache or two.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Don't care. I really think UConn will smoke whoever shows up in Albany for the Sweet 16 game. Now the Elite 8 game is another story altogether.

cabbie191

Jonathan Husky on a date with Holi
Reaction Score
This is interesting. UCLA is way better than a 6th seed, especially the way they played Oregon the last two times they faced each other. Also Maryland doesn't do well historically against PAC 12 teams.

Historically, MD doesn't do well against us, either. I know we've played UCLA in recent years but since we have more history against the Terrapins, I think Geno & company will have a better database to strategize against Brenda.

Reaction Score
Historically, MD doesn't do well against us, either. I know we've played UCLA in recent years but since we have more history against the Terrapins, I think Geno & company will have a better database to strategize against Brenda.
Maryland is hindered in big games because they always play a weak schedule. UCLA is in the top ten in SOS while Maryland isn't in the top 40.

Reaction Score
I am rooting for Maryland. Huge Brenda Frese fan here. Loved the way she has the Maryland women's program among the elite programs over the last 10-15 years.

Reaction Score
Facing Maryland and Brenda Freese would be annoying.

UCLA might strain under the travel (either back and forth west to east, or spending basically 2 weeks on the east coast).

Basketball-wise, they're probably about even, so I'm rooting for UCLA.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Who's it gonna' be? Dr Jekyl or Ms Hyde? If the latter team shows up it won't matter who they play.

Reaction Score
If it’s Dr Jekyl, it won’t matter either so either way it doesn’t matter!

Reaction Score
Are you rooting for Maryland or UCLA in tonight's game. Winner faces UConn in Albany.

I'd like to see UCLA win as I think its a better match up for UConn. However, I think Maryland wins.
Do we know which game UCONN will play on Friday?

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
One point re UCLA: According to Lobo a few days ago, UCLA finished third in the nation in offensive rebounds. That bodes ill for UConn.

I've seen Maryland for only a short stretch this year. They appeared to have a solid, talented, athletic team. I think UConn could beat either team. I'm going to root for UCLA because they are athletic and it would be a fun game to watch.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'm following Geno's advice. I'm officially neutral.

I think tonight's game will be good. If Maryland is overconfident, it'll be a problem. UCLA is much better than their record.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I forget whether it was Bridgeport or Albany, but a couple of years ago (when Ionescu was a freshman), Oregon as a #7 seed beat Maryland as a #2 seed in the Sweet Sixteen game, and then lost badly to UConn in the Elite Eight. (That was UConn's 111th consecutive victory, and we know what happened in their next game.)

Maryland looked bad in that game against Oregon, like they weren't really prepared. I tend to think that history in that sense will repeat itself tonight.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I forget whether it was Bridgeport or Albany, but a couple of years ago (when Ionescu was a freshman), Oregon as a #7 seed beat Maryland as a #2 seed in the Sweet Sixteen game, and then lost badly to UConn in the Elite Eight. (That was UConn's 111th consecutive victory, and we know what happened in their next game.)

Maryland looked bad in that game against Oregon, like they weren't really prepared. I tend to think that history in that sense will repeat itself tonight.
I was at that game in Bridgeport. It was the battle of the freshman pg’s. Ionescu was great. Slocum played possibly her worst game of the season, which was particularly surprising since she had been absolutely terrific against UConn earlier in the season. It was just a few days later that Slocum announced she was leaving MD.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The Terps also lost in the tourney at home to Washington and Kelsey Plum, I believe.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
I despise both schools, but I will be all for UCLA tonight. I like Cori Close. I don't really fear either one of these teams playing us in the S16.

Reaction Score
This is hard because I can't get myself to root for either team. I'll have to see which team I start to pull for once I watch the game. I am not a MD fan by any stretch, so my guess is UCLA.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom