Poll: which venue do you enjoy more?

Which venue do you enjoy more?

• XL

Votes: 41 20.6%
  • Gampel

Votes: 158 79.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Gampel all day, except in the hypothetical case in which the XL is packed with a rowdy fan in every seat. If we could fill XL with lunatics for a given game, I'd prefer to have that game at XL over Gampel. That's a very rare, if not non-existent, occurrence, though.
Even in 1988-89 almost every HCC game was 16,002 . That’s before the Dream season. That placed rocked
Even the cupcake games were close to sellouts
If you were there for Georgetown and Syracuse in 1989-90 you still remember how The place literally was shaking.
i didn’t go too many at Gampel as it was a hike from Western Ct ,although it was great for viewing It never had the same big time feel. When you could fill a large off campus venue you knew you program was in the big leagues.

Reaction Score
Thanks for saying that. I'm just 6 feet and there's no leg room. The Yard must be full of the vertically challenged. Or folks voting for Gampel that don't actually attend games there.
About half of the Boneyard is below 5'9" (per the CDC)

Reaction Score
I like both and don't approve of the slander of either venue.

But I choose XL as my favorite because no bleachers, a cool bar area, and more food, drink and bathroom options.
What bathroom options? You either stand or sit.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
That said, my absolute favorite seats there are the single seat back chairs at the very bottom of sections 1, 3, 4 and 6. No one in front of you, and no one next to you.
matt leblanc lol GIF

CL82

Reaction Score
What bathroom options? You either stand or sit.
Leaning, because they serve beer.

CL82

Reaction Score
The food at Gampel is also worse. XL isn't great, but Gampel is friggin awful. And the lines are outrageous. I feel like Mike Tyson trying to get through the lines to go to the dang bathroom sometimes.

Can I put Madison Square Garden instead?
For what it’s worth, after the hockey arena, next up is the Gampel concourse build. That should improve concessions and bathrooms and the addition of serving beer isn’t going to hurt either.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
With a wife and three daughters, my appreciation for those single seats has only increased over the years. Especially a Sunday afternoon game, when I arrive early and have my Sunday NYT. Hit O'Rouke's in Middletown for breakfast on the way up; maybe WilliBrew and/or Eli Cannons for wings and a pop or two afterwards.

"Self care" is what I think they are calling it these days.

CL82

Reaction Score
"Self care" is what I think they are calling it these days.
Is that what they are calling out these days.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Thanks for saying that. I'm just 6 feet and there's no leg room. The Yard must be full of the vertically challenged. Or folks voting for Gampel that don't actually attend games there.

AYFKM??? You're 6'?? I'll buy the beer next time I see. I didn't even take that bet and but if I had, I would have lost big time.

Reaction Score
For a venue guess I’d have to go with re.

As in revenue. We have greater capacity in XL but we have to “rent” it. Does anyone know if revenue produced by the extra capacity covers the rent?

Reaction Score
Coming out of the Farmington Valley, the XL/Civic Center was easier and quicker to get to. Gampel was a much better fan experience. I voted for GP.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
A filled loud student section at gampel tips it to me (and yes I know that’s not always the case recently).
That and the bad seats at gampel are so much better and on top of the court.

CL82

Reaction Score
For a venue guess I’d have to go with re.

As in revenue. We have greater capacity in XL but we have to “rent” it. Does anyone know if revenue produced by the extra capacity covers the rent?
I’m sure it does, in a sell out.

Reaction Score
The on-campus experience at Gampel is impossible to replicate at the XL Center. That's why I voted for Gampel.

Every time I'm at Gampel, it feels special. I don't get that feeling at the XL Center.

But, I'm biased because I'm a '08 alum.
I'm a 1980 alum and feel the same way.

Reaction Score
The on-campus experience at Gampel is impossible to replicate at the XL Center. That's why I voted for Gampel.

Every time I'm at Gampel, it feels special. I don't get that feeling at the XL Center.
Exactly.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moochi278

Top Bottom