Poll: Which non-Big East Conference will you watch most games? | The Boneyard

Poll: Which non-Big East Conference will you watch most games?

Aside from the Big East, which conference do you plan on watching the most games?

• ACC

Votes: 42 44.2%
  • Big Ten

Votes: 30 31.6%
  • Big 12

Votes: 4 4.2%
  • SEC

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • Pac-12

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • A-10

Votes: 6 6.3%
  • WCC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Share your reasoning for your choices!

Between the other big basketball conferences, I'll probably be pretty even between ACC/B10/B12/SEC. Recent favorites among those conferences are Florida State, Virginia, Purdue, Rutgers, Baylor, Texas Tech, West Virginia, Tennessee.

For this year, I'm curious to watch Virginia Tech, Illinois, Iowa, Oklahoma State, Arkansas, Alabama, Ole Miss so since three of these teams are SEC teams, I wouldn't be surprised if I watch more SEC than the other three conferences above.

However, the non BE conference I'm most excited to watch is the A-10 as I think it'll be their best season in since 2015 at least.

Why? Nearly every school has a storyline that can get me to watch a game. Richmond and Saint Louis are poised to be the cream of the crop while my personal favorite, Saint Bonaventure, brings in five juniors who were double-digit scorers last season.

How will Dayton rebound in a post-Obi year (2021 should be an excellent year for them) and URI will be fun to watch to see how the transfers add skill to their blue-collar mentality.

Duquesne is surprisingly promising (and old) while I'm curious how UMass plays in Tre Mitchell's sophomore year. It'll be Kellan Grady's senior year at Davidson and I'm curious how VCU will play in a rebuilding year led by Bones Hyland.

GW and LaSalle have signs of revitalization after being rebuilt by young coaches Jamion Christion and Ashley Howard and I sympathize for and am curious about Billy Lange's rebuild with Saint Joseph's.

Reaction Score
ACC is overall the best conference and has the deepest traditional rivalries in the sport. Basketball matters in the ACC. In the other power conferences it is really something to do until Spring football. The new members and Clemson and FSU have diluted it a bit but among the core it is really strong.

Reaction Score
Probably Pac-12 and A10, mainly ASU and URI, but I’ll be happy to watch any game that manages to get played this season.

Last edited:

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Probably none for another conference.

Not just AAC but life in general sapped away my time to watch a bunch of non-UConn games.

I'll watch BE just to familiarize myself with teams but otherwise it will be a game here or there based on significance of the teams playing.

Reaction Score
PAC is the only other power conference i like. got tired of kansas owning the big12. most of the big10 is boring. hate most of the acc. sec is third on my list.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am looking forward to watching Michigan to follow Hunter Dickenson. At 7'2 and 270lbs or so with an inside/outside game, he plays exactly like I expect Clingan to play. He'll set my expectations for Clingan and I want to see how he does and how they play him

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Big 12. Because I won’t watch much non UConn or Big East aside from some KU games. There’s a reasonable argument that it’s as good as any other league as well.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
I live in SC and have a son-in-law that is Gamecock-4-life SEC

UKemba15

Some flies are too awesome for the wall.
Reaction Score
As a Richmond alum I would love to watch more A-10 games, but I cast my vote for ACC just because they broadcast/market more games. But as others have said, the Big East will get most of my attention...as it has for the last 20 years (other than UConn, I could rarely stay invested in AAC matchups...surprise surprise..).

If I’m being honest, outside of UConn I’ll probably watch whatever is on the ESPNs.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Besides the BE, I love Big 10 hoops. The conference is so deep and will probably be the strongest one this year. This year they have 2 legit contenders to win it all - Illinois and Iowa - and should start the season with at least 7 ranked teams, which doesn't even include Michigan or Maryland! The league plays tough D, and on any given night the worst team can beat the best. OK, maybe minus Nebraska. They get a lot of TV time and have good rivalries as well.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Find FS1 on your channel guide and set it as a favorite. Also CBS Sports Net.

Before the Fox Sports contract I never looked for the channel. Now I regularly check the station to see who is playing. The Big East is the best conference to follow top to bottom and all of the games are broadcast.

I will follow other games, mostly the high ranked broadcast games, but not really other conferences, maybe with the exception of the PAC with the Bill Walton Late Night schedule.

I won’t watch any espn+ streamed offerings.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I'll watch rivalry games. Duke/UNC games are usually exciting. Especially if Duke loses...

Reaction Score
The ACC used to be fun to watch for me, but with all of their additions it doesn’t feel like the ACC anymore. It lost its soul. I usually watch the B10 the most outside of UConn’s conference mostly because I feel like it’s still mostly like the conference I knew from my childhood. The style of play can be boring, but I like that it still feels the same. It’s a comfort more than anything else.

I also always forget that Maryland and Rutgers are in the conference so that adds to the nostalgia feel for me. The ACC without Maryland and with Pitt Syracuse and Louisville just doesn’t feel like the ACC to me. It’s lost my interest. I typically only watch Duke vs UNC.

Reaction Score
I generally watch more college basketball when UConn is winning. The last few years in the American I barely watched games aside from ours.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom