Poll Which #1 Seed Least Likely to Make F4 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll Which #1 Seed Least Likely to Make F4

Which #1 Seed is Least Likely to make the F4

• Total voters

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Wow. Finally a UConn vote. :confused::confused::confused: Would love for this voter to explain his/her reasoning.

Reaction Score
You mean the history where SC only lost two home games since the 2013-2014 regular season and made it to the Sweet 16 or higher 4 out of the past 5 NCAA tournaments?
You mean the history where SC only lost two home games since the 2013-2014 regular season and made it to the Sweet 16 or higher 4 out of the past 5 NCAA tournaments?
You call that "history"? Sweet 16 or higher 4 out of the past 5 NCAA tournaments? How about some real "history"! Try 11 National Championships, 17 Final Four's , 22 Elite 8's, and 24 Sweet Sixteens..as starters!!! Oh. and by the way, of your super accomplishment of "only losing two home games since 2013-14", who did you lose to last year , at home,while 18,000, looked-on???

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
You call that "history"? Sweet 16 or higher 4 out of the past 5 NCAA tournaments? How about some real "history"! Try 11 National Championships, 17 Final Four's , 22 Elite 8's, and 24 Sweet Sixteens..as starters!!! Oh. and by the way, of your super accomplishment of "only losing two home games since 2013-14", who did you lose to last year , at home,while 18,000, looked-on???

FIRST, you messaged me... first. And in the process tried to snidely imply that SC wasn't going to make it to the Sweet 16 because of their history. I rebutted your claim with your beloved HISTORY and showed that in actuality.. based on recent history, SC has a good chance to make it to the Sweet 16 or higher.

SECOND, are you aware that you're gloating to a South Carolina fan about UConn's vast accomplishments over the past 30 or so years? My comment never denigrated UConn in anyway, yet you respond to it by being braggadocios. I'm aware that South Carolina doesn't have the trophy case of UConn. We're in good company at the moment. We became a decent program literally 5 years ago... of course we want more, but we're also happy to even have a seat at the table.

LASTLY, the fact that you responded to my reasonable comment rebutting your snark with a less than flattering comment gloating about UConn proves to me that we have no real discourse here and the initial point of you responding to me was to troll South Carolina... which is fine since I took the bait, but at least acknowledge it and allow us to put on record that you're a troll.

So on that note, we're actually done here.

Reaction Score
I'm going to take the time to humor you one more time.
First I didn't message you first and "snidely imply that SC wasn't going to make it to the Sweet 16" another poster far wiser than myself did that.
You posted the "snide remark" to his post, " Shhhhhh. It's impolite to question delusion". I , in turn, asked : "Just curious ,what's your take on history"
YOU brought up "history" by commenting: " You mean the history where SC only lost.......".
I just provided my take on "real history" ...and after 4 straight NC's I certainly don't have to necessarily go back " 30 years".
Apparently, you don't feel that responding to YOUR introduced post referencing "history" provides "real discourse". May I suggest that next time you refrain from bring-up what you don't care to discourse-on .
It's unfortunate that our exchange causes you to be, as you put it " ...actually done here". I must admit that I enjoyed some of your past posts and hoped to look forward to many more. Good luck in the tournament!!

Reaction Score
ND is a loaded team with a good coach. They will take their best squad in five years to the Final Four. From 2013, without UCONN, they would have won three championships and touting Muffet as the best-ever women's coach. (In South Bend, they like to speak in superlatives). With the Huskies in the mix, the Irish have acquired an iconic hold on second place. But they will again be fighting for the championship the last weekend.

I think ND is a weapon too. There was a thread created before and somehow bashing Muffett's abilities. I thought it was way off-base. I do question her class (i.e. classlessness) at times. I know others question that of Geno. But just saying she went off the deep-end a few years ago and she was the one that brought up class at the moment she went loony and still seems bitter to this day. But her teams-- - they are certainly very, very tough.

Reaction Score
I think Baylor would have the easiest region if not for AJones injury. I think Baylor's success will come down to the health of AJones. If she is healthy I think USC has the toughest region. If she is not healthy enough, I think they are most likely to get picked off. Otherwise USC.

Reaction Score
I think ND is a weapon too. There was a thread created before and somehow bashing Muffett's abilities. I thought it was way off-base. I do question her class (i.e. classlessness) at times. I know others question that of Geno. But just saying she went off the deep-end a few years ago and she was the one that brought up class at the moment she went loony and still seems bitter to this day. But her teams-- - they are certainly very, very tough.
Geno has for years said----if you have been there before --your chances of winning it all are greater--so that gives Baylor, Nd, UConn apparently the best chance to be in the final game. Although ---it's been a while for everyone not ND or UConn .

Reaction Score
Still think the Creme version has UConn with the toughest draw. Would much rather have a grouping of DePaul, Kentucky, Washington (despite Plum, the team is very vulnerable), and Maryland.

Stanford is tough, especially in the tournament. Duke is tough. Miami has pulled upsets, and Duke is not to be trifled with.
How many times has Stanford made the Final Four since 2000. I think you and others might be really surprised. They've very often underperformed in the NCAA tournament and weren't they the first number one seed to lose in the first round some years ago. They've surprised a few times but they have been surprised more often, themselves.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
How many times has Stanford made the Final Four since 2000. I think you and others might be really surprised. They've very often underperformed in the NCAA tournament and weren't they the first number one seed to lose in the first round some years ago. They've surprised a few times but they have been surprised more often, themselves.

Wow Buzzy, you really set yourself up. Stanford made the Final 4 six out of seven seasons starting in 2008. Other than UConn and Notre Dame, nobody else in the country is remotely close to that level of success since 2000.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom