Poll: What will it take for you to be satisfied with this season? | The Boneyard

Poll: What will it take for you to be satisfied with this season?

What result will leave you satisfied with this season?

• Final Four or beyond

Votes: 13 8.6%
  • Elite Eight

Votes: 10 6.6%
  • Sweet Sixteen (beat Kansas)

Votes: 38 25.0%
  • 2nd round (beat Colorado, lose to Kansas)

Votes: 67 44.1%
  • I'm already satisfied

Votes: 22 14.5%
  • None - Mediocre regular prevents full satisfcation

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
A pretty simple poll on the eve of the NCAA Tournament: what result do we need to achieve in the next few weeks for you personally to be satisfied with how this season went?

Reaction Score
I just want them to play UConn basketball. If that means a Colorado team plays a phenomenal game and nips them in the opener, fine. If it means a really good Kansas team clips them in a war, I'll live with that.

I'm not into the hard-fast goal setting. The sport of basketball is so fluid, and the opponent plays a big role in the outcome. The game we saw last Friday against Cincinnati was a tribute to the beauty of the sport. I can never be dissatisfied with any team for losing a game like that.

Reaction Score
We are relevant again. That's a good start. I would be happy with a sweet sixteen appearance. I would be thrilled with # 5 !!!

Reaction Score
To weigh in with my own thoughts here:

- Relative to how the season has gone so far, I would be satisfied with a win over Colorado and a competitive game against Kansas

- My preseason expectations were to make the second weekend (after a regular season considerably better than what we had); to be fully satisfied about how the season as a whole has gone, I would like to see us get to the Sweet Sixteen

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
- My preseason expectations were to make the second weekend (after a regular season considerably better than what we had); to be fully satisfied about how the season as a whole has gone, I would like to see us get to the Sweet Sixteen

I hope if your expectations don't get met you will schedule your sit down with Kevin and inform him he is now on Tenspro2002's "prove it" clock.

Reaction Score
One win would be nice but most of thought next year would be the year if Hamilton, Brimah and Purvis stayed one more year.

Reaction Score
Beating KU would be amazing, but honestly just getting past CU would be great.

The one person who voted "None - Mediocre regular prevents full satisfcation" should jump off a bridge

Reaction Score

- Relative to how the season has gone so far, I would be satisfied with a win over Colorado and a competitive game against Kansas

This is pretty much the post I was going to write. I agree fully.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Winning the AAC Tournament after the 4OT game is a very good accomplishment based on the regular season, and no matter the outcome going forward, the 2016 season is not a failure. So far, UConn has done two things that last year's team didn't (AAC champs, and NCAA tournament).

But, a new season is about to begin tomorrow and lets see if it can be much better.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I would say making the second round. We can beat Colorado, but Kansas would be a very tall order. If we beat Kansas, it will be a season in which the team overachieved.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
I know we're "bred to cut down nets " but a Sweet sixteen and continued growth from Adams, Purvis and Hamilton would be good this year . I was gonna request a satisfying dinner date from Swin Cash but I found out that she's married and I totally respect that.

Reaction Score
I want to be still playing this time next week and then go from there.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
If you can't be satisfied winning the aac tournament after the year we had, you are a fool. I really want to beat CO, but if it doesn't happen, it won't besmirch my view of this year.

If told me this was the outcome at the beginning of the year, i would have been disappointed, but expectations have been adjusted after seeing what it really was that we had on our hands.

Eskapeesto

The specter of ExtraPesto is haunting the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Considering the the bracket we drew, I want one more win. Beating Kansas would be wildly exceeding expectations (even when factoring in the March Magic of UCONN).

At the start of the season we thought we had a chance of being NC contenders. But about a week or 2 ago many figured we were NIT bound. Beat the Buffs and look forward to a team including the likes of Adams, Hamilton, Purvis, Brimah, Gilbert, Larrier, Facey, Jackson, Durham, Diarra, Enoch. Anything more than a respectable showing against the Jayhawks is gravy on the cake of the fruit salad of our lives.

EptYMarVNDl5YTO4hX2EbkNZ5sq9z_Nq7IhJoD9g5NKcvhJm1PJ1HS1v5f0veCzEaDPL=s630-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffc0e7

Reaction Score

I will third this sentiment. It is complicated. The crappy regular season got us a seed that makes it damn near impossible to reach my pre-season hope of a sweet sixteen appearance. The next best thing is to face Kansas and make it competitive. That provides hope for next year, although we lose a big contributor in Miller. If we get that and we are no where near the bubble next year with a solid NCAA performance (sweet sixteen or better) then I say we are on the right track and trending up. That is all any of us really want. No more APR/Nate Miles excuses...just keep moving forward and keep the program relevant.

Reaction Score
By the way, if we beat Kansas then why not win the whole damn thing?!?!? They look to be the best team heading into this thing. THAT would be the greatest Cinderella story in the history of the tournament. Better than Nova's.

Reaction Score
If you can't be satisfied winning the aac tournament after the year we had, you are a fool. I really want to beat CO, but if it doesn't happen, it won't besmirch my view of this year.

If told me this was the outcome at the beginning of the year, i would have been disappointed, but expectations have been adjusted after seeing what it really was that we had on our hands.

When I made this poll, I intended the spirit of it to be with a perspective on the season relative to your expectations going in i.e. "for you to feel satisfied about the 2015-16 season as a whole, what needs to happen?"

I agree that from the point of view of lowered expectations as of a week ago, we've already overachieved.
I also agree with those posters who have said "well, given how the season has gone, I'd take a win over CO; expecting a win over KU is a bit much".

But, going into the season, if you asked me if I'd be satisfied with a 21-10 regular season, 6th in the AAC, albeit with an AACT title, and the following additional results, the answer would be:

A) First round loss - No
B) Second round - Ehh
C) Sweet 16 - Sure
D) Elite 8 - Definitely
E) Final Four - Duh

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
When I made this poll, I intended the spirit of it to be with a perspective on the season relative to your expectations going in i.e. "for you to feel satisfied about the 2015-16 season as a whole, what needs to happen?"

I agree that from the point of view of lowered expectations as of a week ago, we've already overachieved.
I also agree with those posters who have said "well, given how the season has gone, I'd take a win over CO; expecting a win over KU is a bit much".

But, going into the season, if you asked me if I'd be satisfied with a 21-10 regular season, 6th in the AAC, albeit with an AACT title, and the following additional results, the answer would be:

A) First round loss - No
B) Second round - Ehh
C) Sweet 16 - Sure
D) Elite 8 - Definitely
E) Final Four - Duh

gotcha, i misinterpreted that. it's funny, but thinking about it, i had no idea what my expectations for the season were prior to the start. i know i wanted to make the ncaas though.

Reaction Score
Considering we came within .8 seconds and a 60+ foot miracle from the NIT and added another signature epic game/shot to our program, I would say what they accomplished winning the AAC Tournament, learning how to close teams out, and making the NCAA's has already satisfied me.

I would like the opportunity to face Kansas in a marquee Saturday game to see what happens. But if it doesn't happen it doesn't happen. I think what we learned in Orlando and what we get to experience in Iowa (and hopefully beyond) will serve wonders for next year when we return most of our team. Just imagine the conversation we would have been having this past couple days had Adams shot not gone in.

Reaction Score
If we lose to Colorado, I will be upset because I think we have a lot of momentum from the AAC Tournament and from what the guys showed, I think we are the better team. It almost feels like 2003 when it seemed like we were destined to face a very good and #1 seed Texas team in the Sweet 16. We knew that would be a tough one to get but that team showed a lot of fight in that game. Lets face it, if we beat Colorado, there is nothing to be ashamed of if we give Kansas all we can handle.

JonnyRI

The files are in the computer
Reaction Score
Between beginning of the year expectations and the general delusional UConn expectations I don't see how anyone could be satisfied with anything short of sweet sixteen. We're UConn!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom