Poll: What teams or sports entity most hates the fact that we just hired Dan Hurley? | The Boneyard

Poll: What teams or sports entity most hates the fact that we just hired Dan Hurley?

What team, person, or sports entity most hates the fact that UConn just hired Danny Hurley?

• ESPN

• Boston College

• University of Pittsburgh

• Syracuse

• Gene DeFilippo

• Dukie Vitale

• University of Rhode Island

Results are only viewable after voting.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Providence . I really think they worked the
Negative recruiting angle to perfection from
Calhouns health to KO's issues and some other things. Of course it's just my gut feeling because I'm not an "Insider". That's all I got.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Dickie V will fawn over Hurley at Coach K levels. He belongs on a lot of lists just not this one.
Same for ESPN. As longs as they hold the AAC rights, they want a strong UConn program.

The answer to the poll would be Cuse if DH succeeds and they recede when JB retires.
BC isn't relevant enough and won't be for this to matter to them. They just keep cashing the ACC checks.

The entity most currently affected is Providence. They had designs of being a player in New England recruiting and branding. DH throws some cold water on that if we turn it around.

Reaction Score
I’d pick Gene DeFilippo...but at this stage who cares what that vindictive, loser thinks!!!

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Providence . I really think they worked the
Negative recruiting angle to perfection from
Calhouns health to KO's issues and some other things. Of course it's just my gut feeling because I'm not an "Insider". That's all I got.
This is the correct answer with the correct reasoning. The door was open over the past 4-5 years for PC to inch closer to becoming Villanova, or at least Xavier, and to do so at least partially ar our expense. They made some progress, but not enough.

My guess is Hurley slams that door shut.

Reaction Score
The URI board has gone apoplectic. I empathized with them until their recent "anywhere but UConn" posts while trashing Connecticut. I hope we get whatever coaches and recruits we want from them now as they can suck a lemon.

Reaction Score
I get the URI thing. They were our biggest rival in the Yankee Conference days (which most of you don't remember). They were stuck in the shadow of PC in their own state. But they had aspirations to become a national program. They beat out UConn and PC for Sly Williams, they were going big time. Then as he graduated we joined the BE. In the late 80 and early 90s they had enough NCAA runs to still consider themselves the better program.

I am sure many URI fans the felt that our success could have been theirs. Now that we are in the American, they feel they are in the better conference. Our plundering of Hurley is the cold water of reality splashing on their faces. It destroys their illusion. Of course they hate us.

Reaction Score
NY Post reporter

9612500F-0CE2-4E87-93F9-3E295DEEA2E9.png

Reaction Score
Dickie V will fawn over Hurley at Coach K levels. He belongs on a lot of lists just not this one.
Same for ESPN. As longs as they hold the AAC rights, they want a strong UConn program.

The answer to the poll would be Cuse if DH succeeds and they recede when JB retires.
BC isn't relevant enough and won't be for this to matter to them. They just keep cashing the ACC checks.

The entity most currently affected is Providence. They had designs of being a player in New England recruiting and branding. DH throws some cold water on that if we turn it around.
Yeah, I here ya. Just thought I'd throw his name in there.

Reaction Score
The URI board has gone apoplectic. I empathized with them until their recent "anywhere but UConn" posts while trashing Connecticut. I hope we get whatever coaches and recruits we want from them now as they can suck a lemon.
At this point, I'll be surprised if Jermaine Harris makes good on his verbal.

ElmCity40th

F…y’all talkin bout?
Reaction Score
I live in Raleigh and the afternoon sportstalk radio show with Adam & joe on 99.9 the fan spread some serious hate. Them dudes fell out with each other hard over whether or not UCONN was relevant could ever return to prominence or even a good job to take other than being a stepping stone. It's amazing me how much some media want to see us go away. Just shows me how shook they really are cause when we got it going they no it can't be stopped word to shabazz and kemba

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I live in Raleigh and the afternoon sportstalk radio show with Adam & joe on 99.9 the fan spread some serious hate. Them dudes fell out with each other hard over whether or not UCONN was relevant could ever return to prominence or even a good job to take other that being a stepping stone. It amazing me how much some media want to see us go away. Just shows me how shook they really are cause when we got it going they no it can't be stopped word to shabazz and kemba

giphy.gif

Reaction Score

Agree with this. Ran into a guy at the gas station today who saw my UCONN hat and said "Congrats on Hurley. Im a PC fan and that hire hurts us more than anyone. Absolutely kills our recruiting. That kid is going to win big for you guys"

I hope and actually believe hes right. I think DH is going to be here a long time and is going to win a lot of games.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom