OT: - Poll: What is your usual Thanksgiving Eve meal? | The Boneyard

OT: Poll: What is your usual Thanksgiving Eve meal?

What is your usual Thanksgiving Eve meal?

• Pizza

Votes: 17 34.0%
  • Fast food on the road to where we're going

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • Salad of some sort to keep it light before the feast

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Asian takeout food of some sort to be as different as possible from Thanksgiving food

Votes: 11 22.0%
  • I snack on the Thanksgiving foods we are preparing

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I fast

Votes: 5 10.0%
  • Other (explain)

Votes: 12 24.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I think tonight is historically one of the biggest pizza nights of the year. That's what we always do; usually I grab takeout from Modern and it's a zoo. Curious what others here do.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Pizza, but we had it last night, so we will probably go out tonight.

Reaction Score
We don't have a usual. We are doing pizza tonight because my extended family does pizza every Wednesday with whoever is around. Pepe's has been very mediocre recently, apparently the main pizza cook left 2 months ago. We are doing Beverly Pizza tonight instead, my favorite.

Reaction Score
We usually visit friends in Meriden before they travel to their familes over the long weekend. Before heading home we stop in Noack's to get their braunschweiger, veal sausages, double smoked kielbasa and such then find something for dessert in the back of the store. We snack on that stuff all Wednesday starting with the veal for breakfast.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
I think tonight is historically one of the biggest pizza nights of the year. That's what we always do; usually I grab takeout from Modern and it's a zoo. Curious what others here do.
You've just reminded me that Ernie's opens at 11:30 today, and I could grab a pizza on the way to one sister's where I'll prep food & sleep tonight before going to other sister's tomorrow.

Or not, because I wasted my earlier appetite on a poorly conceived egg & cheese sandwich, and, recently, there's no more toaster oven where I'm going, so I'd need to do a full oven reheat.

Never mind. Stay tuned. Dunno. Whatever.

Reaction Score
A large sausage and mushrooms pie from Zuppardis. Call an hour ahead for takeout.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I just finished some calimari tacos....
And 2 maragitas .....and 5 shots patron
but that ain’t tradition just my first“new “ t’day eve.
In fairness that was bribery to get me to 3 stores. It worked.

might try again next year

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I voted “fast” but fam decided to order an absurd amount of SUSHI and what can ya do...

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Called Modern more than 50 times from 3:30 to 3:45 to place an order for 4:30 pickup and could not get through--it was busy every time. They may have taken the phones off the hook. Went with Bufalina instead and am not disappointed in the least, except that I ended up spending twice as much because I always insist on getting one pie per person when we order from there, and I added a couple salads because they were excellent.

Was going to watch The Irishman, but I don't think I can last through a 3 1/2 hour movie now because I'm stuffed to the gills.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score
I could not care less about eating light in preparation for tomorrow's over eating extravaganza. But my wife does. And she does the cooking, so... It's usually a salad and a minuscule serving of some type of meatless pasta dish. But tonight, she's making Pierogi, so that's what we ate for supper. Perhaps a few too many of them, but like I said in the first line...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Our family tradition and it applied at Christmas eve even more, was potato soup. Cheesy with bacon. More delicious by far than the Thanksgiving or Christmas meal.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Poll closes in one hour. What did you have?

Reaction Score
We grabbed some take out from the Thai House in South Glastonbury. It was excellent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom