Poll: What do you think of the Bob Diaco hire? | The Boneyard

Poll: What do you think of the Bob Diaco hire?

What do you think of the Bob Diaco hire?

• Love It

Votes: 133 64.6%
  • Like It

Votes: 57 27.7%
  • Meh

Votes: 13 6.3%
  • Dislike It

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hate It

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I wish he had some HC experience but a co-ordinator from ND, I can live with that.

Reaction Score
I like it. Depending on who gets hired as assistants it might get upgraded to love.

Reaction Score
Wife voted "Meh."

Apparently she really does like short, overweight, egotistical bags . . .
out on the recruiting trail he will represent uconn very well.Everyone sems to feel very upbeat about this hire. Warde you slick little devil you,great job!

Reaction Score
Just cast my vote. Love it. He is rocking this press conference. Susan has a new Rock Star. This guys is Elvis.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Wife voted "Meh."

Apparently she really does like short, overweight, egotistical bags . . .

Like we needed any other evidence your wife has bad taste in men...

Reaction Score
Impressed with his positive energy and euphoric optimism. Even though he appears to be slightly out of touch with reality, being slightly nuts is good trait to have when selling some of what he purports to believe about Uconn and recruiting the Northeast. If he doesn't truly believe how great Uconn is, then nor will the recruits, and nor will we. Everyone has to buy into the craziness in order to turn us around. At least I know I do. Love it!

Also love to hear that he may consider keeping some of the staff and his praise for the job TJ Weist did. "GRIT"

Go Huskies. The next Boise State!

Reaction Score
The guy seems likeable enough. As I was watching it I was thinking to myself, if this guy was a care salesman would I buy one from him. Then pictured this guy sitting on some ratty couch in a ghetto somewhere trying to pitch UConn to a kid who has offers from Penn St, Maryland and one of the Florida teams. Being a coordinator and never a head coach he doesn't have any kind of record to hang his hat on or to have to defend. I don't think anyone can reasonably expect this guy to start bringing in ringers right off the bat. I'll be looking to see how well he keeps the returning players from transferring out and what he comes up with for a recruiting class. I liked that he emphasized being dominate upfront but anyone is gonna say that coming in. So he gets a meh till he produces something other than a good lead in sales pitch.

Last edited:

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
If there was a "Hopeful but waiting to see actual results" then I would have clicked it. Went with like instead because it has obviously jazzed up the fan base including season ticket holders making decisions about renewals, etc.

First big decision for BD is his staff and I really want to see what he ends up doing with a lot of the BY favorites (notably Weist, Foley and Day). I think at a minimum, assuming he wants to stay, Foley is a must. Outside of that, I'd be happy if Weist ended up staying but not crushed if he left.

One last thing. I've heard a lot about how HCBD's defensive philosphy at ND was bend but don't break. Aren't there a ton of people here who hate that philosophy? Wasn't that what Hughes was good at during the Edsall years? Not saying I want HH back but let's just look at this with both eyes open.

Reaction Score
Impressed with his positive energy and euphoric optimism. Even though he appears to be slightly out of touch with reality, being slightly nuts is good trait to have when selling some of what he purports to believe about Uconn and recruiting the Northeast. If he doesn't truly believe how great Uconn is, then nor will the recruits, and nor will we. Everyone has to buy into the craziness in order to turn us around. At least I know I do. Love it!

Also love to hear that he may consider keeping some of the staff and his praise for the job TJ Weist did. "GRIT"

Go Huskies. The next Boise State!

I'm one that believes he is not out of touch with reality. If we win the AAC, and are higher in the rankings than the other 4 non power conferences we get a trip to a major bowl game.

He comes from a team that played in a NC game recently. He built a top national defense for the almighty ND. He has charisma and then some. UConn is a great education.

That's a pretty good reality check if you ask me. Stop believing what the haters are telling you. The AAC gives us a far easier shot at a major bowl game than RU, SU, Pitt, UL or WVU has.

Reaction Score
Everyone says what BD says. The difference is that some have believability and some don't. He has it big time.

Reaction Score
Went with "like" because we haven't seen the on-the-field results yet, but he's a young guy with passion coming from a top-notch university. Definitely needed a fresh start here and we got it. Good hire by Warde.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
He's a killer coach,cant wait for signing day.

Reaction Score
Love it. He has the “it" factor. Like Warde says, he passes the eyeball to eyeball test. Great day for UConn football.

Reaction Score
For those that voted Meh all "9" of you. Why? Just wondering.

Reaction Score
I voted love it. Young. energetic. already talking about we. He wants to be here. I can feel his enthusiasm through the computer screen. Comes from great pedigree as far as coaching background etc. He was a hardworking at Iowa during his playing days. How can you not like the guy?! I am pumped to see how next season turns out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom