Poll: Vote for Player of the Game - UCONN vs. Temple | The Boneyard

Poll: Vote for Player of the Game - UCONN vs. Temple

Who is the player of the game for UCONN vs. Temple?

• Gabby - 10 pts, 8 boards, 5 assists, 1 steal, 1 block

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lou - 27 points, 5 assists, 4 boards

Votes: 70 98.6%
  • Kia - 16 points, 3 assists, 3 boards, tremendous defense, ran the team great when Crystal sat

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Crystal - always one one of the most important players on the floor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
UCONN came out guns blazing building a 19 point lead after 1Q and didn't slow down the rest of the game, even when the reserves came in. UCONN outscored Temple 25-10 in the 4th Q, and it was just a total beat down.

So who is the player of the game?

Gabby came out and scored a ton to set the tone, and yet again had great stats.

Lou was incredible all game, esp from beyond the arc.

Nurse seems to have found her 3-point shooting touch again going 4-7

Danger only scored 2 points but impacted the game in so may ways.

3 other players in double figures including Walker, Stevens and Collier

And a TOTAL shout out to Camara and Irwin. Kyla has shown she can mix it up inside and outside and again today made the most of her minutes with 7 points, 4 boards and 1 steal.

And HOW ABOUT BATOULY??!!! She looked incredible - smooth, strong, quick, and relentless. 8 points, 3 boards, and 3 assists. So happy for her and great to see her looking like the player we all hoped she'd be when she transferred here 2 years ago...

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I should have added "other", but wasn't sure if people would vote for some of the bench players especially sine Kyla and Batouly had such great games...

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This will be a runaway. Lou's stats are unreal. Gabby was very good but Lou just brings such confidence to the offensive side of the ball. It was interesting that the first play went to her as one of her very sharp back cuts and she got physically whacked and I thought she came up gimpy. It looked to me for the first 5 minutes she was running a little gingerly. Anyway, it apparently felt fine after her barrage of 3's and other cuts to the basket. Still not doing my favorite curl from the free throw line. :rolleyes:

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
This will be a runaway. Lou's stats are unreal. Gabby was very good but Lou just brings such confidence to the offensive side of the ball. It was interesting that the first play went to her as one of her very sharp back cuts and she got physically whacked and I thought she came up gimpy. It looked to me for the first 5 minutes she was running a little gingerly. Anyway, it apparently felt fine after her barrage of 3's and other cuts to the basket. Still not doing my favorite curl from the free throw line. :rolleyes:
I know, but I had to give some choices! Coudln't just do the poll with only 1 choice to vote for! ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I know, but I had to give some choices! Coudln't just do the poll with only 1 choice to vote for! ;)

I appreciate that. You have a bright future in public relations ;)

Reaction Score
Lou is "hitting on all cylinders" as they say... offense, defense, passing, cutting, hitting 3s, rebounding (the "Rebounding Samuelson"), She is playing fantastic and I hope and pray she continues to tear up NCAA WBB from now through the end of the NCAA Tournament...that the TEAM ends up with NC 12, and Lou can "take a break" until next year. Let the player awards fall where they may... NC is the #1 goal for our Team! Lou's play will help them get there.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Lou is "hitting on all cylinders" as they say... offense, defense, passing, cutting, hitting 3s, rebounding (the "Rebounding Samuelson"), She is playing fantastic and I hope and pray she continues to tear up NCAA WBB from now through the end of the NCAA Tournament...that the TEAM ends up with NC 12, and Lou can "take a break" until next year. Let the player awards fall where they may... NC is the #1 goal for our Team! Lou's play will help them get there.
Agree. She's en fuego. As is Gabby - from everywhere on the floor. Still, it looks like most everyone agrees - it really was all about Lou today!!

Reaction Score
During the game ,CBS showed their five top candidates for player of the year and three of them were UCONN players: KLS, Gabby and Napheesa, I believe. I also think they said the POY would most likely be one of the UCONN players. I wonder if we could get six players on the All-American team.

Reaction Score
Right now after this Temple game Katie Lou is by far the favorite for POY in WCBB for 2017-2018! She is running rings around A'ja Wilson in all phases of the game and she does it with no attitude just doing whatever UCONN needs to win game in and game out!
She and the Coaching Staff have teamed up to add layer upon layer to her game since her freshman year!

Reaction Score
Right now after this Temple game Katie Lou is by far the favorite for POY in WCBB for 2017-2018! She is running rings around A'ja Wilson in all phases of the game and she does it with no attitude just doing whatever UCONN needs to win game in and game out!
She and the Coaching Staff have teamed up to add layer upon layer to her game since her freshman year!
I agree that KLS is NPOY!
I'll take it one step further! If she continues to play as she has, she's approaching the unapproachable top three. Knowing her style, she will grow even more!
I love watching her play!
Bronx23

Reaction Score
I agree I really don't know why there is even a debate at this point. Katie Lou does it all.

Reaction Score
During the game ,CBS showed their five top candidates for player of the year and three of them were UCONN players: KLS, Gabby and Napheesa, I believe. I also think they said the POY would most likely be one of the UCONN players. I wonder if we could get six players on the All-American team.
Unfortunately what CBS showed was THEIR top Five...not the NCAA Committee that will ultimately decide... AND one announcer said She feels the NPOY should come from the #1 Team... Not "would most likely"... We Husky Fans have our Favorite, but we don't make the call....but I do believe we'll have the chance to "vote"... like the Senior Class Award voting for Gabby... with those total votes only counting for 5% of the final decision. I also read that the Citizen Naismith Award would be narrowed to 4 finalists... I won't be surprised to see 2 from UConn at the final announcement ceremony. Wishing our ladies all the best in this regard... but let's wrap up NC#12 and not worry about the other noise.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom