What will UConn's Record be after two Games

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
What will this years team record be after Two Games. They play Florida State in Tallahassee on Monday Nov 14 and Baylor at Gampel Arena on Thursday Nov 17th. Will they win both, split or end their streak of not losing consecutive games?

I think this is right, they last lost 2 games at the end of the 1992/93 season losing to Providence and Louisville. Also the same season they had a 3 game losing streak. Losing to Stanford, Pittsburgh and Georgetown. I recall reading it was 1993/94 that UConn lost two game, but looking at the Media Guide that's inaccurate.

What is the Number of Games since UConn last lost two consecutive games?

Reaction Score
I have uconn losing their first game at ND by 3 in OT. So they will win the first 2 games easily by double digits.

Reaction Score
One of these is a home game, and I'm very happy it's Baylor. That, plus the fact it's at the very beginning of the season, should help UConn to a reasonably comfortable 12 point win over the Lady Bears. Should be a great game!

I agree with the previous poster that Notre Dame at Purcell Pavilion during week four is where and when we will be most vulnerable, so likely the first (and hopefully only) loss of the regular season. (Texas at Mohegan Sun three days earlier will be no cake walk, however.)

I have UConn beating FSU by 20-something.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I voted 2-0. I'm not conceding anything this year. You want what I have, you have to take it. It's hard to form an opinion on either of them at this point, because we don't know anything about FSU or Baylor. A poster commented last week that Baylor did not particularly sharp against Emporia State in an exhibition game. That may or may not mean anything, it was an exhibition game. No doubt Mulkey had THIS game circled on her calendar since it was scheduled. This game will define both teams early, in that both coaches will know exactly what kind of team they have, having played a top 4 team.

Playing cupcakes and twinkies cannot illustrate to a coach the true essence or grit of their team. The Baylor game is the one I can't wait for. Baylor is ranked as one of the best teams in the country. I want to see how UConn matches up against one of the best teams early on. You know Mulkey will be her usual self, storming up and down the sidelines, throwing jackets and crying to the refs for every call. :mad: She really wants this game. It would be a large feather in her cap, and a defining win for her program early in the season.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I think that we'll win against FL St. but lose to Baylor. While the Baylor game is at home, the immense size of Baylor would be problematic for UConn this early in the season. Now, if this came would be in March, I believe UConn will win as by then the offense and defense will be clicking and the way to deal with much taller teams will be well defined and rehearsed!

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
I voted 2-0....I guess I have been a diehard UConn fan too long :). Also, I can't see any overtimes, especially with Notre Dame. If Geno have his way, UConn will be up 10 or more points, so Notre Dame won't be able to come back. The Notre Dame game will be as always, so many ties, and so many lead changes, but UConn will pull away.

Reaction Score
I'm not voting...yet. The lines are too long :)

Seriously, I think maybe a better question is what UConn looks like after FSU going into Baylor and a bit later into that brutal run of DePaul, TX and ND. So many aspects of the two pre-season games were pleasing (and even Geno seemed pleased), but against real competition I think we'll know a lot more. I think we handle FSU; how well should give us insight against Baylor.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
Watching UConn's 2 exhibition games, and Baylor's exhibition game against Emporia State.....I have to say UConn will win the game against Baylor. The defense and offense of UConn will be too much for Baylor.

Reaction Score
I think UCONN will be 2-0. Florida state has a few good players but not enough for (team) UCONN! The bayLor bears will lose because they won't outlast UCONN. Fact check: Bears and huskies run about the same speed but clearly HUSKIES last longer! I'd best my cousin's house on it.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Early in the season I see UConn more prepared than FSU and Baylor.

Plus, these young ladies are not going to back down for anybody. We have too much speed and too many athletes for them. Baylor may be a close game but UConn wins.

Reaction Score
Just remember baylor has not played uconn for a few years and they are not used to the high intensity defense that uconn plays. They are raising uconns championship banner that night and uconn will be pumped for the game. Gampel is going to be rockin that night and Baylor will not be prepared for that environment this early in the season.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
My guess is 1-1. I think UConn might lose as many as 5-6 games this year early on. But just like every year the only one that counts is the last one and come tournament time UConn will be a tough out.

Reaction Score
Watching UConn's 2 exhibition games, and Baylor's exhibition game against Emporia State.....I have to say UConn will win the game against Baylor. The defense and offense of UConn will be too much for Baylor.

I was wondering what you saw specifically that makes you feel that UConn can overcome Baylor's height advantage.

They were able to pull away in the fourth quarter. Why do you thing that was?

Their forum was very concerned about the Baylor defense- not intense, not fighting screens, allowing a lot of open shots. They don't have much time to get their act together.

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
itsasport - I will discuss the details after the Baylor vs UConn game. Also, I will answer your question "Why Baylor was able to pull away from Emporia in the fourth quarter".

Reaction Score
UConn is sooooo good, we will be 3-0 after two games. If the guitar amp in the movie spinal tap can go to 11, UConn can win 3, see.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Just remember baylor has not played uconn for a few years and they are not used to the high intensity defense that uconn plays. They are raising uconns championship banner that night and uconn will be pumped for the game. Gampel is going to be rockin that night and Baylor will not be prepared for that environment this early in the season.

Gampel is a very hard and eerie place to play if you're a visitor. Championship banners hanging about, reminding visitors of the glory days of old, and the UConn mystic. This especially true if you just happen to have the misfortune of being there when they're raising a championship banner. Gampel will be packed to the rafters, just like it was when Notre Dame came to town last year. The hottest ticket in town. One of the biggest home games of the year. I sure wish I could be there. :(

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
well, since the two games will be complete by the night of the 17th... and the poll closes on the 19th... I'll just wait until the 18th to cast my vote :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
well, since the two games will be complete by the night of the 17th... and the poll closes on the 19th... I'll just wait until the 18th to cast my vote :cool:

C'mon Triad, join the rest of us out here on this limb, there's plenty of room. :cool:

Carnac

Reaction Score
As the UN-official seer and visionary of the Boneyard, I will from time to time be making predictions and fore-telling events before they occur. One thing I will not do however is predict a UConn loss.
I will NEVER put that kind of Karma or negative Mojo on the team. I'll only see and predict wins for our girls. If they lose, they lose, but I'm not going to fore tell of it, or suggest it.

easttexastrash

Stay Classy!
Reaction Score
if UConn beats Baylor they will win the 12th Championship in April of 2017

I agree that if UCONN, with so many new starters, wins against Baylor that UCONN is the favorite to win it all.

Don't overlook FSU. They have some very talented players, one of which is a former Baylor starter, Imani Wright. She is a great little player that I hated to lose as she was Baylor's second leading scorer her sophomore season. Shakayla Thomas is just an incredible athlete and I was very disappointed when Baylor lost out on her. And Romero picked up some valuable experience in the Olympics.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Many, many, many moons ago !!
I think the number is in another thread. It's about 800. The last consecutive losses were in March 1993.

Though Thomas and Romero are very good, I think we have too much intensity and coaching for FSU. We also tend to be ready earlier in the season than most.

I think Baylor is clearly a top 3 team, and they have lots of height and talent. If this game were in Waco, I'd worry. But I think we win at home.

My biggest concern is the game AT ND. The next toughest games are the Baylor game and Maryland in College Park.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom