Poll: Star Trek Original Series | The Boneyard

Poll: Star Trek Original Series

On Star Trek OS who was Kirk's greatest love?

• Edith Keeler

Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Ruth - from "Shore Leave"

Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Yeoman Rand

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Miramanee

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Dr. Janice Lester

• Uhura

• Scotty

• Rayna Kapec

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yvonne Craig

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
I thought it was Yeoman Janice. The blond with her hair in a beehive bun. I'm sure I probably don't remember correctly. He looked at her with a star in his eye. She was a cutie. I'm sure I've probably got that all wrong... Can someone remember who I am referring to? It's vague.... I do remember seeing my first episode... I believe it was the 'Horta' - for those who remember that episode.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
I'm on a rewatch of Voyager right now. Just finished Season 1 Episode 5 (the "there's coffee in that nebula" episode) and I think the whole thing is going to be as painful as I remember.

Reaction Score
I thought it was Yeoman Janice. The blond with her hair in a beehive bun. I'm sure I probably don't remember correctly. He looked at her with a star in his eye. She was a cutie. I'm sure I've probably got that all wrong... Can someone remember who I am referring to? It's vague.... I do remember seeing my first episode... I believe it was the 'Horta' - for those who remember that episode.
Yeoman Janice Rand, played by actress Grace Lee Whitney is listed as a choice in the poll so feel free to vote for her.

Reaction Score
Edith Keeler
Yeah I know, for me it was between Edith Keeler and Ruth. I went with Ruth (played by actress Shirley Bonne) because when Kirk's mind in "Shore Leave" is scanned by the Aliens they find Ruth as the one woman he still thinks about after many, many years and so they create her for him. Edith Keeler (played by Joan Collins) is just as good a choice though. The other thing going for Keeler is the episode she was in "The City On The Edge Of Forever" is almost always ranked #1 as the greatest single Star Trek episode, movie, etc in the entire Star Trek franchise which includes all the other Trek series too, TNG, DS9, Voyager, etc. Science fiction writer Harlan Ellison and Gene Roddenberry actually got into a many years long feud over the writing of the script. It's interesting reading if you're a Trek fan.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There can be only one....

Kiss-spirk-29670118-489-275.gif

Reaction Score
Who was the green woman? Nevermind, that was mine.
Good memory. The green woman was Yvonne Craig, who was on scores of TV shows in the late 50's and all through the 60's. Her best known role was as Batgirl.

Yvonne_Craig_1960.jpeg

Last edited:

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
Who was the only one he married? That's right Miramanee. Sure, you'd have to think about but Edith Keeler, but in the end he did he let her die so....

Gotta change Yvonne Craig's name to the character's name, Marta.

Also, I think the Dohlman of Elas deserves to be on the list, even though their relationship was, uh, chemically enhanced.

Ruth? Psssh.

Last edited:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I also think Kirk had a thing for Meery but he knew it would be wrong.

Reaction Score
Who was the only one he married? That's right Miramanee. Sure, you'd have to think about but Edith Keeler, but in the end he did he let her die so....

Also, I think the Dohlman of Elas deserves to be on the list, even though their relationship was, uh, chemically enhanced.

Ruth? Psssh.
Ok

Reaction Score

Ruth? Psssh.

My criteria for Kirk's greatest love went beyond looks, that being said, Shirley Bonne the actress who played "Ruth" was one of the hottest...................

t.gif

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
Yawn. Thinking about college he thought about an old girlfriend. I think Scotty is a stronger candidate.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Miramanee edges Ruth - from "Shore Leave."

Reaction Score
Again, he let her die...
He had to, really didn't have a choice, if he lets her live, Hitler wins World War 2. That's why it's the greatest piece of writing in the entire Star Trek franchise.

"The episode received widespread critical acclaim and has been frequently stated to be the best episode of the entire franchise, with it fondly received by cast, crew, and critics. Elements such as the tragic ending were highlighted by several reviewers. It won several awards, including the Writers Guild of America Award for Best Episodic Drama on Television and the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation."

CL82

Reaction Score
He had to, really didn't have a choice, if he lets her live, Hitler wins World War 2. That's why it's the greatest piece of writing in the entire Star Trek franchise.

"The episode received widespread critical acclaim and has been frequently stated to be the best episode of the entire franchise, with it fondly received by cast, crew, and critics. Elements such as the tragic ending were highlighted by several reviewers. It won several awards, including the Writers Guild of America Award for Best Episodic Drama on Television and the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation."
He wouldn’t have let Miramanee die. Well at least not without getting hit in the head with a rock.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Miramanee, naked, on a bed of tribbles.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member