Poll: Some great games today - who wins? | The Boneyard

Poll: Some great games today - who wins?

Vote for the 3 who will win

• Notre Dame

• Louisville

• Maryland

• Ohio State

• Mississippi State

• South Carolina

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
So 4 great games today (not including UCONN - always a great game when we play, but not a competitive one) - but the poll only allows for 7 choices so I could only put 3 of the games here.

This is a different poll since I tried to put them all in one place. You can vote for 3 teams... But TRY not to vote for the 2 teams who are playing each other!! (ie. vote for L'ville OR Notre Dame, not L'ville AND Notre Dame!!):)

ND vs L'ville
Maryland vs. OSU
Mississippi State vs. SC

Oregon vs. Stanford is also on tap, but I would have needed 8 spots instead of 7...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maryland, 'cuz I dislike McGuff, ND because that last game was an abberation and they are on a roll, Miss St cuz SC is a train wreck with a, that's a as in 1, excellent player.

Reaction Score
Is the pac 12 game on any channel besides their own network

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hoping for a nail biter here in Greensboro ... But I have a feeling that ND wins big

Is the pac 12 game on any channel besides their own network

Espn2 at 9pm

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Hoping for a nail biter here in Greensboro ... But I have a feeling that ND wins big

Espn2 at 9pm
I think the ND lack of depth will allow Louisville to run a bit and keep the game close. I have ND winning in a close game.

Reaction Score
Louisville-- Durr ready to break out. Not a really good Irish team
SC--These two teams are pretty even to me
Maryland

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Notre Dame vs. Louisville should be close. Mabrey having trouble with the pressure again...Louisville looks better early on. I think Notre Dame rallies and guts out a tough win though.

Maryland vs. Ohio State....I'm going with the Terps.

Mississippi State vs. South Carolina is quite intriguing. I think Mississippi State wins, but I would not be shocked if they are upset. Wilson is a handful and SC played them close much of the first game. Very much looking forward to Wilson vs. McCowan round 2.

Reaction Score
Would someone please tell me why Charlie Crème keeps saying SC is a lock for Albany region no matter what?

wbball novice

That bandwagon guy
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Baylor does not seem to be missing Kristy Wallace in the TCU game.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
By almost a 2-1 margin, people thought ND would win, but L'ville pulled it out in a hard fought heavy-weight battle. Congrats to L'ville...

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Would someone please tell me why Charlie Crème keeps saying SC is a lock for Albany region no matter what?
He didn't say a lock, but two main reasons:
  • Even with a win today, it'll be hard for SC to overtake the teams ahead of them on the #2 seed line.
  • SC cannot be sent to the same region as Mississippi State (which would be natural placement on the S-curve). Given that constraint, and given the committee's apparent predilection for keeping Oregon in Spokane, Albany is pretty much the only viable placement left for SC. If they sent SC to play Louisville, then that would put Baylor in Albany, which would result in a major imbalance.

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
Notre Dame vs. Louisville should be close. Mabrey having trouble with the pressure again...Louisville looks better early on. I think Notre Dame rallies and guts out a tough win though.

Maryland vs. Ohio State....I'm going with the Terps.

Mississippi State vs. South Carolina is quite intriguing. I think Mississippi State wins, but I would not be shocked if they are upset. Wilson is a handful and SC played them close much of the first game. Very much looking forward to Wilson vs. McCowan round 2.

Well I'm 0-2 so far...let's see if I can pull off the trifecta.

Reaction Score
He didn't say a lock, but two main reasons:
  • Even with a win today, it'll be hard for SC to overtake the teams ahead of them on the #2 seed line.
  • SC cannot be sent to the same region as Mississippi State (which would be natural placement on the S-curve). Given that constraint, and given the committee's apparent predilection for keeping Oregon in Spokane, Albany is pretty much the only viable placement left for SC. If they sent SC to play Louisville, then that would put Baylor in Albany, which would result in a major imbalance.
Why would Baylor in Albany be an inbalance ?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom