Poll: Player of game - UCONN vs. L'ville | The Boneyard

Poll: Player of game - UCONN vs. L'ville

Who was the player of the game for UCONN vs. L'ville

• Lou

• Gabby

• Kia

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Who was the player of the game? Lou - for setting the tone in the 1st quarter? Gabby for being everywhere? Kia for shutting down Durr for long stretches of the game?
Right on target!
Bronx23

Mister2

Looking for Mister1
Reaction Score
Tough decision ...can't vote for just one.

No Lou? we don't win.
No Gabby? we don't win.
No Kia? we don't win.

Next year will be interesting....

All true......, but, as the famous saying in Orwell's Animal Farms goes: "All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others." If one HAS to cast only ONE vote, it would be difficult not to give it to KLS. Even Geno himself said that the game was to be won or lost on how well the team executed offensively. And if offense was key, then KLS was the absolute pivotal offensive piece.

Reaction Score
I'm not going to vote for one. They all were essential, as was Crystal, for that matter. But also, give Louisville a ton o credit. By the end of Q1, their players were looking like a tornado hit them, which probable was close to true. But they really did come back well. Walz did a good job getting his team back in the game.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As a fan it is delicious to have so many credible choices and you can't score if your team mate doesn't get you the ball in the right spot at the right moment, but it was Lou who put the orange thing up and in with such calm assurance.

Reaction Score
I had to vote for Katie Lou her 19 first half points set the differential which Louisville never could break through.
Gabby --earns part for jumping into the rafters for a steal
Kia---- earns part for the defense of Durr who only had 6 points in the first half--ended with 20 after Kia backed off.
Geno---earned all of it the old fashioned way---work, sweat and tears. (thanks Geno for putting Walker and Z in the game--it will pay off in practices and in the NCAA's, it would have been easy to sit them)

Reaction Score
I beg to differ. I think that the only reason that his team got back into the game was because the UConn kids, for the most part, went from hot to lukewarm after the 1st quarter. Louisville averaged 14 points per quarter over the last 3 quarters and you aren't going to win many games if you average 56 points per game. And the reason that they only scored 48 points - our defense, specifically Kia, Gabby and Lou. Also for the first time that I can recall, our offense was quite deliberate for a lot of the 4th quarter, working down the shot clock and then not hitting the shot.
But this is just my opinion not a proven fact.
Center--it is my less than factual opinion that Geno was using his lead to practice using Azura against decent bigs--and the deliberate offense, which didn't flow, was a Geno practice session knowing he was in a Win Win situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom