Poll: Outcome of Team USA gold medal game vs. Japan - what say you? | The Boneyard

Poll: Outcome of Team USA gold medal game vs. Japan - what say you?

Does Team USA women win or lose vs. Japan, and if we win, what MOV?

• USA loses

• USA wins by 5 or less

• USA wins by 6-10

• USA wins 11-15

• USA wins 16-20

• USA wins 21+

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Do you think we win? Lose? What will the MOV be if we win? Inquiring minds want to know!

Reaction Score
I chose the USA at 11-15 points.
They've played Japan already and know what to expect. They even have some time to further prepare for the press. I don't see why they wouldn't win again.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Home court advantage. Japans guards are quick and pestering type. We have better forwards but so did France. Would make for great headlines if they upset USA.

Reaction Score
I got Team USA winning by 16-20. Like chrissaran said, Team USA is playing well on both sides of the floor. Well balanced attack. Team USA focused and on task.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Gold Medal games are supposed to be tough and close. We'll need to defend the drive and kick. We have Sue and Stewie. I like our chances. USA by about 10.

Reaction Score
I’ll go with USA by 11-15. The USA is playing much better than they did when these two teams last met so I have no doubt the USA can pull this one out. One important thing, though, will be help defense. Japan is extremely quick and they can shoot so you have to guard them close on the 3pt line, which means inevitably Japan will drive. Help defense in the lane and good rotation on the perimeter will be the key to preventing Japan getting comfortable in their offense. The good news is the USA has some good, mobile bigs and whoever is out in the floor can pretty much switch on any screens since the tallest players for Japan are only 6’1.

As for the offense, lob it up to Griner, get Stewie the ball anywhere in the court, and let A’ja overpower her defender(s) and there’s a good chunk of the USA’s points. If the guards can hit a few threes to prevent Japan from swarming the interior then the USA could win by 20+.

Reaction Score
I picked a MOV of 11 to 15. Japan lives and dies by the three. If their shooting is on, it will be a nail biter. If not, it could get ugly early.

Reaction Score
This is an excellent Japanese team. They clobbered France,which gave us a strong game. There are teams and talents out there in the women's professional game that we know very little about. Somehow this team of pros who only play in the Japanese league have knocked off an extremely talented European team, complete with our all-American Gabby Wiliams.

Would love to see an international club championship as they have for soccer in Europe. Let's see EuroLeague top clubs play top clubs in Japan and China. Let's see Breanna's club take on Galatarasay and whoever is tops in Japan compete. Not on nationality, but on individual teams with international stars.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
wait, whut? a question aboot who will win the game for all the marbles where the greatest player of all time in the sport, who hasn't reached age 27 yet, is playing? seriously?
let's review her resume since her days of underoos:
team? championship.
her? mvp.
every other team and player also appearing in a big game? not that.

Reaction Score
I picked a MOV of 11 to 15. Japan lives and dies by the three. If their shooting is on, it will be a nail biter. If not, it could get ugly early.

Against France, Japan hit 11 threes, 50%. And their point guard, Rui Machida dished out 18 assists. That's right- 18. In fact, she's averaging 13.8 assists/game in the Olympics. US playing its best basketball so far. Hope D gets back in. But Japan is no pushover. Japan's got talent. Very much under the radar. And with no player over 6'1".

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Against France, Japan hit 11 threes, 50%. And their point guard, Rui Machida dished out 18 assists. That's right- 18. In fact, she's averaging 13.8 assists/game in the Olympics. US playing its best basketball so far. Hope D gets back in. But Japan is no pushover. Japan's got talent. Very much under the radar. And with no player over 6'1".
Rui Machida has been a magician out there. Demolishing the previous FIBA single-game assist record. That assist average is just insane.

Reaction Score
I got UCONN winning The Gold by 16-20 points. OFC DT has to play being somewhat okay.
Err oops I mean Team USA.
This will be D's Olympic swan song so she will rise to the occasion for gold.

Reaction Score
Doing my best Coach Auriemma impression, "We've got Diana and they don't". Plus a ton of other UConn stars. Not close. Big USA win.
It's not just UConn players who are doing well. Britney Griner, Aja Wilson, Jewel Loyd, etc.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom