Poll OT Mike and Mike | The Boneyard

Poll OT Mike and Mike

Should ESPN Replace Mike Golci on the Mike and Mike Show

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm up early every day and usually start my day watching Mike and Mike. If there's a major story going on, I'll flip channels and watch a couple of the news channels while at the same time watching Mike and Mike. I find Boomer and Carton concentrate mostly on NY Sports and don't care for Carton.

My question is about Mike and Mike. Lately Mike Golic has been missing days and his substitute has been Booger McFarland I much prefer Booger McFarland over Mike Golic. Seems to be more knowledgeable about more sports then Mike Golic and maybe less set in his opinions and willing to listen to other views.

I know, what some are thinking, why is he posting this dumb poll question. Nothing better to do and it is slow season. ;)

There are rumors that Mike Greenberg is going to get his own show on ESPN in the near future. The new format is going to cover sports and other pop culture topics.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
You should have included another option which of course will not happen. Get rid of Mike Greenberg and pair Golic with "almost anybody else". There is so much excellent and interesting talent at ESPN. (I think Booger is great and perhaps a little more entertaining than Golic).

I am tired of the following general pattern

1) Greenberg thinks he is smarter than everyone, always tries to push his ideas while saying "I defer to your obvious expertise", Head bang
2) Everyone explains why he is wrong and then he still states his ideas to 5 other experts who say he is wrongHead bangHead bang
3) Ends with "genius is not recognized until it is too late. Head bangHead bangHead bang

P.S. Only one worse is Russillo who take arrogance to unheard of levels. :mad::mad::mad: I bet SVP is petty happy he got away from that "turd".

Thanks for the opportunity to vent. I feel alot better getting that off my chest. :D:D

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I had thought of an option to get rid of Mike Greenberg, but he seems to be one of ESPN's untouchables based on the rumor he's going to get his own show. I agree with you that Mike Greenberg is full of himself, but he's good at keeping a flow to the show. Mike Golic could not do the job that Mike Greenberg does.

You should have included another option which of course will not happen. Get rid of Mike Greenberg and pair Golic with "almost anybody else". There is so much excellent and interesting talent at ESPN. (I think Booger is great and perhaps a little more entertaining than Golic).

I am tired of the following general pattern

1) Greenberg thinks he is smarter than everyone, always tries to push his ideas while saying "I defer to your obvious expertise", Head bang
2) Everyone explains why he is wrong and then he still states his ideas to 5 other experts who say he is wrongHead bangHead bang
3) Ends with "genius is not recognized until it is too late. Head bangHead bangHead bang

P.S. Only one worse is Russillo who take arrogance to unheard of levels. :mad::mad::mad: I bet SVP is petty happy he got away from that "turd".

Thanks for the opportunity to vent. I feel alot better getting that off my chest. :D:D

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I had thought of an option to get rid of Mike Greenberg, but he seems to be one of ESPN's untouchables based on the rumor he's going to get his own show. I agree with you that Mike Greenberg is full of himself, but he's good at keeping a flow to the show. Mike Golic could not do the job that Mike Greenberg does.

It is not difficult to keep the flow of the show. Producers and pre-game prep takes care of most of this. The show flows just as well when he is not there. The only thing Greenberg seems to do better than most is his segues and little play on words. The fact that they now want to push his show to not only sports but pop culture will inflate his head even more (much easier to be a demagogue in pop culture than sports) and will make it much easier to simply ignore him.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
I think Golic is great. He has a good sense of humor and is not too full of himself. Besides, its always great to see what he has to do to redeem his losing bet with #50 every year.

I agree. He had a down to earth sense of humor and is generally very astute. I think he is far more insightful than Greenberg. I think it actually helps if you were an actual athlete who worked the trenches (especially football). This tends to give someone alot of common sense.

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
On an island a bit here: I like Greenie's ability to drive the bus on the show.
Booger is good....I very much like him as a fill-in for Golic.

Huskee11

The Sultan
Reaction Score
So I am listening to WTIC while driving to the gym this am, and find they are interviewing Bill Curry. Therefore, I switch quickly to ESPN where they are about to interview Gary Player. Despite the wide variety of subjects they could talk about, the interview focuses on the all important question of whether 16 handicapper Booger McFarland can beat 81 year old Player, who still shoots low 70s. Booger ludicrously thinks he can.

Shamelessly self-indulgent. Boring. Annoying.

I now remember why I stopped listening to ESPN radio.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
So I am listening to WTIC while driving to the gym this am, and find they are interviewing Bill Curry. Therefore, I switch quickly to ESPN where they are about to interview Gary Player. Despite the wide variety of subjects they could talk about, the interview focuses on the all important question of whether 16 handicapper Booger McFarland can beat 81 year old Player, who still shoots low 70s. Booger ludicrously thinks he can.

Shamelessly self-indulgent. Boring. Annoying.

I now remember why I stopped listening to ESPN radio.

As much as I agree that there are parts of the show I don't like (they all start with Greenberg), in fairness, I should point out that this was not a "traditional" interview but part of an arranged gag regarding Booger and his prior boast that he can beat the really old Golf greats. This snippet was designed to show the fight of the old guard and make fun of Booger at the same time. Nothing more.

More to the point, Gary Player was interviewed multiple times on Mike and Mike regarding very important topics from Nelson Mandela's humanity in the face of his 30 year confinement as well as more mainstream topics such as Tiger Woods and the assessment of the Masters.

I am not a fan of Golf but Gary Player is one of the greatest sportsmen and human beings that I have ever listened to and I have to thank Mike and Mike for the different interviews of him over the years.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So Mike Greenberg is to me the nerd that spent his young life not playing sports, but liking them none the less. He couldn't play them because jocks were always shoving him into a locker; 2 reasons there folks, if not more. Now hegets his revenge by never shutting up and mouthing off about what he knoweth not. The only thing, competition wise, he has ever experienced is what little boys do in a circle in the dark I expect! Mike G is the meat of that show, the guy who talks fast to his left, you could replace with some women off the Morning Show. Glib and stupid.

Reaction Score
I had thought of an option to get rid of Mike Greenberg, but he seems to be one of ESPN's untouchables based on the rumor he's going to get his own show. I agree with you that Mike Greenberg is full of himself, but he's good at keeping a flow to the show. Mike Golic could not do the job that Mike Greenberg does.[/QUOTE. Greenie is condescending as all getout

Reaction Score
I did hear rumors that Mike and Mike will be breaking up. ESPN has its own troubles right now and is downsizing wherever possible. They probably see the worth in Greeny staying on as the gatekeeper of the morning show and then, having different personalities share the stage with him, depending on the season.

Reaction Score
Can't believe there are not two better hosts than those two idiots. Walt Dibble or maybe his son is infinitely better

Reaction Score
Thought Dibbles picture was next to the word idiot in the dictionary

Reaction Score
It is not difficult to keep the flow of the show. Producers and pre-game prep takes care of most of this. The show flows just as well when he is not there. The only thing Greenberg seems to do better than most is his segues and little play on words. The fact that they now want to push his show to not only sports but pop culture will inflate his head even more (much easier to be a demagogue in pop culture than sports) and will make it much easier to simply ignore him.
I have years of listening every morning to this show. That being said, each year, Greenberg seems to ramble more and more. Becoming less of a sports show and more of a "what does Mike G think is interesting" show.

Reaction Score
I'm up early every day and usually start my day watching Mike and Mike. If there's a major story going on, I'll flip channels and watch a couple of the news channels while at the same time watching Mike and Mike. I find Boomer and Carton concentrate mostly on NY Sports and don't care for Carton.

My question is about Mike and Mike. Lately Mike Golic has been missing days and his substitute has been Booger McFarland I much prefer Booger McFarland over Mike Golic. Seems to be more knowledgeable about more sports then Mike Golic and maybe less set in his opinions and willing to listen to other views.

I know, what some are thinking, why is he posting this dumb poll question. Nothing better to do and it is slow season. ;)

There are rumors that Mike Greenberg is going to get his own show on ESPN in the near future. The new format is going to cover sports and other pop culture topics.
Your absolutely right. Why are you posting this poll question. The man misses a couple of days and he needs to be replaced?

Reaction Score
ESPN should let them both go in the recent layoffs to cut costs. They could get Rebecca and Kara to do a much better sports show for a lot less with more quality opinion and leadership.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom