• #3 Texas over #2 Stanford

• #4 Louisville over #1 Baylor

• #12 Quinnipiac over #1 South Carolina

• #3 Florida State over #2 Oregon State

Results are only viewable after voting.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Pick the Sweet 16 games you think are most likely to have upset results? I could only choose 7 so I left off UCONN vs. UCLA... Call me crazy but...! ;)

By the way, you can vote for all 7 if you think that many upsets will occur (unlimited votes)...

bballnut90

LV Adherent. Topic Crafter
Reaction Score
I think Miss St gets walloped by Plum and Co.

Ohio State also has a great shot to upset Norte Dame without Turner in there. Shame that both her and Mavunga will be on the sideline instead of playing.

Also, wouldn't Texas upsetting Stanford be considered an upset rather than the other way around?

Reaction Score
I think both ND and SC are in danger right now. ND is going up against a strong and talented Ohio State team.... and without Turner. SC is down one starter and potentially a second. If Gray is able to play is she going to be 100%? Also Quinnipiac has been playing excellent ball and if they can get Wilson into foul trouble.... this could be good for them

Reaction Score
Maryland is probably the 3rd strongest team in the Tournament right now.

If we are going to win it all, it is likely that we will have to go through the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th strongest teams in the country. Ridiculous.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think Miss St gets walloped by Plum and Co.

Ohio State also has a great shot to upset Norte Dame without Turner in there. Shame that both her and Mavunga will be on the sideline instead of playing.

Also, wouldn't Texas upsetting Stanford be considered an upset rather than the other way around?
Had it fixed... Altho I think Stanford over Texas would be an upset... in spite of the seedings...

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
I could only go with Wash & tOSU. The other favorites should hold serve.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Maryland is probably the 3rd strongest team in the Tournament right now.

If we are going to win it all, it is likely that we will have to go through the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th strongest teams in the country. Ridiculous.

Depends on how you look at it.

Right now UCONN has a massive luxury of having a healthy roster. The other top seeds are all decimated with injuries right now. Notre Dame's best player went down with an ACL, South Carolina is without its second and third best player, and the lowest seeded #1, Baylor, has its best player coming off an injury and is far from 100%. All three of these teams looked like bigger threats 3-4 weeks ago.

Maryland might be the most formidable team left, but UCONN gets to play them in front of a home crowd which will give them a huge (and not needed) boost.

Going into the tournament I felt like Connecticut had about an 80% chance of winning, now it feels more like 97% considering recent injuries and how good UCONN was this weekend. I don't think anyone besides Maryland will stay within 20 of the Huskies.

bballnut90

Reaction Score
Had it fixed... Altho I think Stanford over Texas would be an upset... in spite of the seedings...

It should be one of the more intriguing regionals. Texas has better athletes and individual playmakers, but Stanford plays better team basketball. They also looked very very formidable dominating KState on the road while Texas was lucky to escape with a win at home against NC Stare.

Reaction Score
It should be one of the more intriguing regionals. Texas has better athletes and individual playmakers, but Stanford plays better team basketball. They also looked very very formidable dominating KState on the road while Texas was lucky to escape with a win at home against NC Stare.
Don't agree with statement that Stanford beating Texas would be an upset.
Stanford beating Texas an upset? That upsets me.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Ecxellent point. Earlier in the year Texas looked almost unbeatable, but they seemed to peter out at the end while Stanford came on strong, and has continued to look great in the NCCA's. That should be a great game... That and the Washington/MSU games are ones I'm really intrigued to see how they go.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom