Poll: How much better will UCONN be than everyone next year (if you think they will be)? | The Boneyard

Poll: How much better will UCONN be than everyone next year (if you think they will be)?

Will anyone beat UCONN? What about M.O.V. for each game? Will anyone get close?

• UCONN loses 2 or more games

Votes: 3 3.7%
  • UCONN loses only 1 game

Votes: 6 7.4%
  • UCONN is pushed and wins at least one game by less than 5 points

Votes: 14 17.3%
  • UCONN wins every game by more than 5

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • UCONN wins every game by more than 10

Votes: 29 35.8%
  • UCONN wins ever game by more than 15

Votes: 9 11.1%

• Total voters

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Some are predicting UCONN goes undefeated. Some think we will lose a game or more. If we do go undefeated, will anyone get close? If so, how close?

And before anyone whines about "mojo", I gave many options including losing 2 or more games.

Reaction Score
How good? UConn will have 4 legitimate NPOY candidates going into the season and 5 solid AA candidates. They will have the best coaching staff and talented depth on the bench. The synergism of those parts working together is greater than the sum of the pieces. And finally they work harder both individually and as a group than any other program in the country.

They are 152-2 over the last 4 years and yet this team could be better than any of them. That's how good they COULD be. I say "could be" because it's contingent on both the players and the coaching staff busting their asses 7 days a week in practice and giving everything for 40 minutes in games. Sometimes it's easy to forget how much work is involved in producing great teams year after year. It's easy to assume that it's enough to just throw a UConn jersey on the court and their opponents wilt because most of the time that's all that's seen. I wish Geno could post a video of an entire practice so I'd have an idea of what they are like instead of just hearing about them.

Reaction Score
There is a clear path to go undefeated. Now understand, I say that based on what last year's players did plus what new players look like on paper. Since the game is not played on paper, lots of other things could happen. I said they would win one squeaker. It might actually be two or three. I was at the FSU game last season, and that was truly a tough game that UConn could have lost in any number of ways. The team learned from that, at least for a while. IMHO, the only thing that could get in the way of an undefeated season is a chemistry problem, and I certainly hope they do not suffer from that, because that kind of issue is very difficult to fix, kind of like advising someone: "You know the way you are? Don't be that way."

So we have to hope the new payers, particularly the two transfers, get integrated into the flow of the team in a way that best benefits the total team effort, that the freshmen can contribute and feel valued, and that most (if not all) get enough playing time.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UCONN wins every game by more than 10

After looking through my long range field glasses, I agree. A loss is a very rare thing for this program to endure. The last one being especially painful , not to mention ill-timed. Unlike a loss during the season when you can avenge it with a win in your next game a day or two later, they have to sit on this one for 7 months. A loss is a bitter pill no one in this program is use to.

If recent history or behavior is any indication of future behavior, I remind you of the recent 111 game win streak that was started immediately following the Stanford loss in November of 2014. Creighton University had the luck of the draw to be UConn's next opponent 6 days later in Gampel Pavilion. UConn demolished the Bluejays 96-60. Breanna Stewart scored 25 points and added 10 rebounds to lead UConn. UConn hasn't lost consecutive games since 1993. I expect their first non exhibition game against California on November 17 to have a similar outcome as the Creighton game. I also expect that Miss State loss to carry far into the season.

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
Now we are mojo proof.

One bad ass song! This is my second favorite version with James Cotton on the harmonica. In his time Cotton was the bomb. My favorite version is below with Paul Oscher on the harmonica. God bless Little Walter for the amplified harmonica. I believe this version was in concert in Germany. The whole band rocks. I once did a google search for "Got My Mojo Workin." I then listen to the results in chronological order of when they were originally recorded. The evolution of this song over time is truly amazing. Muddy just kept updating it probably with heavy influence from Otis Spann.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I expect their first non exhibition game against California on November 17 to have a similar outcome as the Creighton game.
I think their first non-exhibition game is Nov 11 (or Nov 12) at Ohio State, right? If so, it would be pretty tough to win that by anywhere near as big a margin as the 2014 Creighton game.

Reaction Score
As I've said repeatedly the only thing I worry about is injures and illnesses! I figure with the best coaching staff in WBB driving them on they'll reach their potential which is way higher than where all their opponents are now!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I think their first non-exhibition game is Nov 11 (or Nov 12) at Ohio State, right? If so, it would be pretty tough to win that by anywhere near as big a margin as the 2014 Creighton game.

I think you may be correct. I tried to find their upcoming schedule. The one I found showed Cal as their first game. My point was..........................WHOEVER they play, I expect the specter of that Miss St. defeat to be prevalent not only on the plane, on the bus, in the locker room, but on the bench as well.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom