Poll. How many toes does Ollie have in?

How many toes does Ollie have in?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

UC313

Knucklehead
Reaction Score
He's got all ten in but he's going to take a quick swim down to the deep end of the pool. Someone said the water felt different down there and he's got to go and check it out for himself.

Reaction Score
Are we now at the point of discussing foot fetish? I'll pass.

Reaction Score
Soon he will have 10 toes resting comfortably on a large pile of money. Uconn money of course.

Reaction Score
I vote ten. This whole BS is about how much can KO get from Uconn--he's going no where. I believe Uconn will be fair with him but I'm sure they need to go through their process as well to secure the long-term funding of the contract since he will be the states highest salaried employee.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
This is the most preposterous thread I've ever seen. Legitimately.

Edit: I may retract this statement after reading the first post in the KO thread.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You want to improve the process? Okay, we'll just build a better idiot.

Reaction Score
I am wiser as I past 50. (Palatine should be too)

Kevin Ollie is the only one who can answer for himself. He has been exposed to the NBA as very very few have. He understands the money and the experience. I think he can have a 25 year career at UConn and be a Leader far beyond any coach in CBB. I think he knows he can coach and be a successful NBA coach. No doubt. What do you want when you grow up? I think it is ignorant for us to think this is easy ... or that Warde or Susan or Geno or JC ever was a total lock always. The nature of CBB is unlike most of our jobs: it really is year to year & totally changing as kids develop. I bet that is what KO likes. But ... I cannot begin to understand his decision tree. I have difficult time looking at mine day to day. His is bountiful. I, personally, think LA is a Hellhole and KO was glad to jump out. Being a local kid won't drive him.

Reaction Score
It's a game of What's your best offer? I hate it , but would love to have had that option. Coaches today are as fickle as the young athlete's they lead Money always drives the train and most of their allegiance is not to the school or athletes, it's to themselves. All that being said , I like Ollie and want him to stay forever, but that will not happen. I just hate the silly dance.

Reaction Score
After driving around in the spring and seeing flowers blooming all over CT as we always do, he'll stay.

Reaction Score
Ten.

Ollie has a smart agent who is leveraging the National Championship for a better contract with UConn. Additionally, gaining media exposure by getting his name tossed around for high profile NBA jobs- plenty of NBA fans that don't follow college ball will discover who Ollie is out of curiosity.

Reaction Score
Ten.

Ollie has a smart agent who is leveraging the National Championship for a better contract with UConn. Additionally, gaining media exposure by getting his name tossed around for high profile NBA jobs- plenty of NBA fans that don't follow college ball will discover who Ollie is out of curiosity.

Even if I accept that which I probably do. Why is he letting it play out in the national media? He can do all those things privately without leaking a word.

Reaction Score
Even if I accept that which I probably do. Why is he letting it play out in the national media? He can do all those things privately without leaking a word.

The media has been on fire with Kevin Ollie since we won the National Championship. Letting it play out in the media is EXACTLY what I would want as a UCONN fan as it creates more awareness of Ollie as a "brand" alongside the likes of Coach K and Calapari. Not many casual college basketball fans even knew KO before this year. After this year, his narrative is that of a top coach in the game and the face of UConn mens basketball.

The money could, to an extent, be discussed privately as you suggested.

Reaction Score
KO will soon have about 2.5 million reasons to celebrate, much to Mushnick's chagrin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom