Poll How Many Points will Maryland Score? | The Boneyard

Poll How Many Points will Maryland Score?

How Many Points will Mayland Score?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Its the holiday season and Uconn will allow the Terps one basket...............thats it.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Maryland's last 4 games were against no-name cupcakes with a combined record of 9 and 29 (at the time they played Maryland).

Brenda's theory that the best way to beat UConn is to bolster the team's confidence with easy pickings will be put to the test.

They are also super fast out of the gate and then let up (in their two contested games).

I imagine that our staff has noticed that.

Beat them up early and they go a way?

Perhaps

Reaction Score
Unsurprisingly, UConn's defense is coming together much faster than its offense. In last season's FF game, I predicted MD would struggle to break 60. They came close, but didn't (58). This year, the defense they face is arguably more aggressive, even without Kiah's presence. I expect another sub-60 output from MD, with a MOV for UConn of around 20-25. I also speculate that the typical coming together of UConn's full offensive flow is still a few more games away...then, look out!

Reaction Score
Unsurprisingly, UConn's defense is coming together much faster than its offense. In last season's FF game, I predicted MD would struggle to break 60. They came close, but didn't (58). This year, the defense they face is arguably more aggressive, even without Kiah's presence. I expect another sub-60 output from MD, with a MOV for UConn of around 20-25. I also speculate that the typical coming together of UConn's full offensive flow is still a few more games away...then, look out!

You're describing exactly what happened last Final Four--UConn by 23. On offense, the Huskies featured Bre and Morgan, both with 20+ and Mo with about 14. Kaleen was off, scoring one three and one FT. If KML has a normal game, UConn wins by 30+. On defense, Geno went practically the whole way mano a mano. I expect Brenda to try to get the Husky bigs in foul trouble by probing the inside (Jones and Howard) early. But the Terps' scoring will probably come from the perimeter and the top of the key (Kimbrough-Walker and Moseley). There's a significant talent gap here with every Husky better than every Turtle. You know, BP, you may have hit the nail right on its head: deja vu all over again.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
We seem to have a habit of double-digit victories over UMD since December 2012. I don't expect a change in the pattern, so I expect to see Uconn break 70 at barest minimum and to hold UMD below 60.

Reaction Score
I think this is relatively close at halftime, let's say 38-33 us. But then we pull away in the second half en route to an 82-58 win.

Reaction Score
Md might score 60ish....their scoring leaders are their guards and remember the Ohio State game, another high scoring D1 team, scored 56 points with the nations second leading scorer, Kelsey Mitchell, scoring 8 points on 2 of 14 shooting. Look for another lock down defensive effort by our guards and Tuck and Stewie having their way inside. I like RSHERMVIKES prediction.

Reaction Score
UCONN didn't help themselves early on. It was only a 10 point margin but I really feel it was more about UCONN's fault not that MD did anything special!
Kristen Confroy had the game of her life, 12 points on 4 3's, that won't happen again!
Next time we face them, and we will, we'll have Natalie Butler all 6'5" of her, with 20+ games experience under her belt!
Natalie will nullify Brionna Jones!
Saniya Chong came up big time tonight! We need her healthy!
Kiah Gillespie didn't set the world on fire.
This type of game will help UCONN going on!

Reaction Score
Often wrong, but never in doubt!

Reaction Score
UCONN didn't help themselves early on. It was only a 10 point margin but I really feel it was more about UCONN's fault not that MD did anything special!
Kristen Confroy had the game of her life, 12 points on 4 3's, that won't happen again!
Next time we face them, and we will, we'll have Natalie Butler all 6'5" of her, with 20+ games experience under her belt!
Natalie will nullify Brionna Jones!
Saniya Chong came up big time tonight! We need her healthy!
Kiah Gillespie didn't set the world on fire.
This type of game will help UCONN going on!
1. Maryland competed and that's all you can ask for. Who knows what would have happened if Chong didn't hit that shot.
2. Kristen Confroy has had three 3 point games in the past. But this was her best game of her career so far. No wonder Brenda stuck her in the starting lineup.
3. Brionna Jones is strong enough to handle Butler. Lets see how Butler do against Coates in the South Carolina game.
4. Happy for Chong. I've always liked her as a player. Hope she can get healthy.
5. Gillespie has had problems with her shot lately. Very talented young lady. She'll get it together.
6. Not to sure how this game helps UConn except in the two USF games and South Carolina. They'll destroy everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom