POLL: Given Blake's Report, UConn's Post Strength... | Page 2 | The Boneyard

POLL: Given Blake's Report, UConn's Post Strength...

How Will UConn Fare in the Post This Season?

• Same as last year

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Better than last year

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Much better than last year

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • Kickin' ass!

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • Kickin' ass and then some!

Votes: 24 33.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Geno is going to mix and match. The Olympics were just a great warm up act for the fun we are going to have watching this year! And those of use with computers only can get many of the games no matter where we live!

Reaction Score
My expectation is that Stef, Kiah, and Buck will be the best 1-2-3 punch at the 5 spot in WCBB. Certainly, Brittney Griner's 1 punch by itself would be preferable, but post play is absolutely a source of strength for UConn. With a unique force like Griner, having a few bodies to throw at her and make her work is critical.

I also think the additions of Morgan and Breanna will open things up for the centers, especially if KML improves in her interior game as she seemed to be doing as last season progressed.

With Morgan and Breanna here will KML's interior game really be needed as much?

Reaction Score
I'm curious. Could you list all the 4's that Stewart can't guard? Or maybe just 2?

You got me there.

Since I have admitted in other posts that I don't follow other teams I don't have a list of players that might/will be a difficult cover for Breanna.

But, off hand, Samarie Walker comes to mind.

I would guess that there might be a couple of players at TN who would give her problems.

Perhaps one or two at Louisville.

Oh, I almost forgot that foward at Stanford? You know who I mean, her sister just recently graduated.

Peace,

John Fryer

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
You got me there.

Since I have admitted in other posts that I don't follow other teams I don't have a list of players that might/will be a difficult cover for Breanna.

But, off hand, Samarie Walker comes to mind.

I would guess that there might be a couple of players at TN who would give her problems.

Perhaps one or two at Louisville.

Oh, I almost forgot that foward at Stanford? You know who I mean, her sister just recently graduated.

Peace,

John Fryer

Walker? She can guard her. But Walker played a lot of center, so I don't know if they would even match up. But why wouldn't she be able to guard her?

Couple of players at UT? Guesswork here...lol. And not. There is no one on the Tennessee frontcourt that Stewart can't defend.

Perhaps 1 or 2 at UL? More guesswork. And wrong again.

Chiney O? Good one here. Not sure if she is playing the 3 or 4 for Stanford. But she would be a tough battle for Stewart. But she can guard her. It's not like Stewart would be a liability out there and that is what you seem to be implying.

Hey, you made a statement without knowing the answer. It happens. But now you know. She is not too thin to play against any player in WCBB at the 4.

Reaction Score
While I disagree with Fryer about Stewart's ability to guard any 4 I do think that Stewart will wear down if she spends the entire season in the paint. I don't think she will be kept there however.

Geno must feel like a kid with a giant box of Lego's and a 30 page book of different ways to assemble them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom