Poll: Do you listen to podcasts about the UConn women? | The Boneyard

Poll: Do you listen to podcasts about the UConn women?

Do/will you listen to podcasts about the UConn women?

• Yes

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • No

Votes: 31 38.8%
  • Maybe, if it’s easy

Votes: 15 18.8%
  • What the heck is a podcast?

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
A fellow Boneyarder, @GemParty, makes podcasts about the various UConn teams. The one linked below is primarily on the women’s team. GemParty posted it earlier but the response here on the Boneyard has been…..crickets. Give it a listen and give some feedback.

By the way - Podcasts are similar to radio programs on the Internet, but they exist as audio files that can be played at a listener's convenience, anytime and anywhere, kind of like YouTube for the ears.

GemParty

Co~host of the Sliders & Curveballs Podcast
Reaction Score
Thanks Nan!

KnightBridgeAZ

Grand Canyon Knight
Reaction Score
I want to chime in - I think it is a great thing that there are pod-casters out there on a variety of subjects, and I sure recognize that the UConn WBB team is newsworthy. I am aware of podcasts by TV sports figures (Tony Kornheiser, Pablo Torres) and even casual folks - a friend does a podcast on "Baseball and BBQ".

That said, I just can't do listening. And I'm sure I'm not alone. I not only can't work up the interest to listen / watch a podcast, I rarely "watch" an internet news clip when I can read the article. I don't think I'm alone, and it isn't an age thing. Its just how I like my info.

While I may not be alone, I also recognize there are lots of folks out there who do enjoy them. Good luck with this one!!!!

GemParty

Reaction Score

GemParty

Reaction Score
Easy to use. Press play. Listen. Just like Bob on the radio. Only better.

PvP

Reaction Score
I find Chasing Perfection with Dan and Megan very informative and entertaining. On the other hand, there are two guys who wear baseball caps who provide nothing worth anyone here's time IMO.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I find Chasing Perfection with Dan and Megan very informative and entertaining. On the other hand, there are two guys who wear baseball caps who provide nothing worth anyone here's time IMO.
Well, we don’t wear caps thankfully. Just headsets. Let us know what you think of Bob Joyce. How many 11 year olds have their own shows, sponsored by Topps?

Reaction Score
I've gotten used to seeing a posted article on the BY with a great sounding title, but that inevitably I can't open (or it only opens for a few seconds because it's protected) and it ends up being frustrating and a waste of time. So frankly, I've just stopped looking at most links that take me to content at another location, and podcasts have gotten swept up in that same hesitancy for me.

And then there is commercial TV, but at least until advertisers find a workaround, there is DVR technology. I wonder what percentage of people actually watch TV live? Ugh!

GemParty

Reaction Score
I've gotten used to seeing a posted article on the BY with a great sounding title, but that inevitably I can't open (or it only opens for a few seconds because it's protected) and it ends up being frustrating and a waste of time. So frankly, I've just stopped looking at most links that take me to content at another location, and podcasts have gotten swept up in that same hesitancy for me.

And then there is commercial TV, but at least until advertisers find a workaround, there is DVR technology. I wonder what percentage of people actually watch TV live? Ugh!
Thanks Lurker.

Press play. Let us know your opinion, we’re looking for feedback which will also determine future guests. Can’t get Geno, Paige, or Azzi if nobody cares to listen.

Reaction Score
I would happily listen to Podcasts if some one is talking directly to one of the Huskies. I would listen to some podcasts about the Huskies but I'm more likely to listen to the girls themselves

GemParty

Reaction Score
I would happily listen to Podcasts if some one is talking directly to one of the Huskies. I would listen to some podcasts about the Huskies but I'm more likely to listen to the girls themselves
We’d welcome your feedback. Links above. Hear from the man who called several titles.

Reaction Score
I rarely listen to podcasts. I get too impatient. I have certain subjects of UCONN/The TeamI'd love to listen to vs other things of UCONN/The team I have little-to-no intersest in. Because I don't know what specifically will be discussed, I can't sit through it while in the back of my mind realize that nothing I like to listen to will be discussed. .

What was the old "George Costanza" line? --> "It's not you; It's me."

Well it's me - my fault - not the Presenter. I just don't have the patience.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Looks like 23 members would listen. Have any?

Reaction Score
I’m weird, I would listen, if I could see it but just listening to anything is hard for me. Depends I guess on how good and rare the information is.

GemParty

Reaction Score
Give us a try. Let me know. Bob Joyce is fantastic.

GemParty

Reaction Score
I just listened, it was awesome. The kid was great.

Thank you. We’ve done 60 episodes since my son was seven years old. I know we have cross over fans, who also like NBA and baseball. Our favorite topics! Explore our library.

**Our most popular- Hall of Fame advice. Jim Calhoun, went viral.

Party like 1999- Kevin Freeman

Top Dog- David Benedict

Hop on the Caravan- Alex Karaban title run

Legend- The Willie Mays biography

32,292- The Jordan biography

3 Point King- The Steph story

On the Mound with Lenny- Red Sox 04 story

Check out our library.

Here’s our bio-
https://www.washingtonpost.com/kidspost/2022/03/10/father-and-son-sports-podcast/

Pod- Sliders & Curveballs • A podcast on Spotify for Podcasters

Reaction Score
Actually I wander about each day muttering about our team…past, present, and future. Hmm…maybe I’m a podcast in my own mind !

GemParty

Reaction Score
Actually I wander about each day muttering about our team…past, present, and future. Hmm…maybe I’m a podcast in my own mind !
It’s definitely fun to look back at our greatest players and future. Bob has seen it all unfold court side. His insight was special for a pod by fans, for the fans. A Father/son hobby. Let us know what you think!

GemParty

Reaction Score
You need ur own show!

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom