Poll: Do you know all the words to the UConn fight song? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll: Do you know all the words to the UConn fight song?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Never learned the words and as a student and now I've carried over my own tradition from student days of singing the melody with mostly nonsense sounds, save for the occasional "UConn", "Connecticut" or "Huskies" thrown in there.

Por ejemplo:

UConn Husky
Da-nuh-nuhhhh nuh-nuh-nuh
fight, fight Connecticut
da-nuh-nuh, de doo.......

...and so on.

If you don't know the words, or even if you do, I recommend giving it a try.
Can't do it. It's not Yellow Ledbetter, where the lyrics change every time it's performed. Even if I'm not physically singing, I'm saying the words in my head.

The fight song is how I know the correct spelling of the state's name. I will literally think, "C-o-n-n-e-c-t-i-c-u-t spells Connecticut."

You people are casual. :D

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
I was at Ft. Benning for TOW missile training in the summer of 1990. We had to wait for nightfall to qualify in the dark. The drill sergeant made all of us "entertain" the rest of the group while we waited. There was another UCONN guy in the platoon, so we sang the UCONN fight song. The drill sergeant's response was to make us do pushups for bad singing. BUT, we knew all the words!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Let's see if we can improve the numbers (wouldn't hurt if they put this on the screen during the games):

I think I had forgotten how terrible this is. Those of us who attended games at the field house couldn't really escape it. Can we replace it perhaps? Perhaps some James Brown? Unofficially I recall we embraced George Clinton.

Thinking about today's opponent, if their song isn't Country Roads, it should be. Everybody already knows it.

Reaction Score
Always liked the ending tune of the UConn's fight song. Not an alumni but I probably know more words to the UConn Fight Song than my wife who did attend. lol

Reaction Score
I was in the marching band at UConn. Freshman year, the song was one of the first things we learned, along with the Alma Mater.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I think I had forgotten how terrible this is. Those of us who attended games at the field house couldn't really escape it. Can we replace it perhaps? Perhaps some James Brown? Unofficially I recall we embraced George Clinton.

Thinking about today's opponent, if their song isn't Country Roads, it should be. Everybody already knows it.
Well, John Denver may not have actually known much about the local geography, but I expect that actual people from West Virginia do.

Neither the Blue Ridge Mountains, nor the Shennandoah River are actually in West Virginia.

However, there are likely a number of mountain mommas in the state.

Reaction Score

The mountaineers won the Big East Tourney in 2010, and Country Road came blasting out of the Garden sound system. Has to be one of my least favorite BET memories.

Reaction Score
Well, John Denver may not have actually known much about the local geography, but I expect that actual people from West Virginia do.

Neither the Blue Ridge Mountains, nor the Shennandoah River are actually in West Virginia.

However, there are likely a number of mountain mommas in the state.
?
1638996751425.png
1638996801594.png

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I love Toots and the Maytals’ cover, but I guess the Jamaican adaptation wouldn’t work too well for them.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
The mountaineers won the Big East Tourney in 2010, and Country Road came blasting out of the Garden sound system. Has to be one of my least favorite BET memories.
I love Toots and the Maytals’ cover, but I guess the Jamaican adaptation wouldn’t work too well for them.
I confess Country Roads went from a song I considered a lame old people song in the 70s, to something I embraced warmly. When dating my wife, I often met her and her Fidelity colleagues at some small Boston financial district bar (Coogans?) where we and the patrons always sang Country Roads at the top of our lungs (after many beers). Any song that encourages people to sing along with it, loudly, in public, is a good song.

I like reggae covers of almost anything. This is brilliant because they don't change it that much.

WaterDawg

Lurker Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
It’s been well over 25 years since I had to learn and sing it at orientation up on Hilltop. So no, I’m an alumnus and don’t know/remember the words. :D

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom