Poll: Did you go to UConn?

Did you go to UConn?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Horatio

15 years no Madden
Reaction Score
WCSU. I was recruited to play football there so I remember when Coach P had jet black hair and was actually an excellent Head Coach. I visited Uconn often. I was on campus watching the game on TV when Tate hit the shot.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Nah. Currently in my senior year of mechanical engineering at UHart. Most of my CT family went to UConn so I've been a fan most of my life, but I couldn't get directly into UConn's ME program. Could of gone to Storrs for math and then reapplied, but I ended up going with UHart. I love the big school environment, but as far as my education a small school fit me best. Still do and always will bleed blue. Might pursue my MBA from UConn in a few years after working for some time.

Reaction Score
Went to PC from 05 to 09. Never attended a PC game other than vs UConn. Had some awkward times at those games...

Reaction Score
I just wanted to be a husky of some sort. Went to Northeastern, because uconn would have been like hs all over again. They accept like 100-120 kids from my HS every year.

Reaction Score
attended undergrad from 1989-91. Transferred to CCSU.

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
I wish I could say I did but unfortunately no. I spent one year at USC then 3 at Quinnipiac.

Reaction Score
BS Accounting December 1994

Started off at CCSU in fall of 1988 but wasn't ready for pressure of college so went to what was then called greater Hartford community college and transferred to uconn were I went from fall of 1992 to fall of 1994. Changed majors from history to accounting when I realized I had better chance of getting a job when I graduated.

It was a great time to be UCONN men's basketball fan and with Donny, donyell, ray and doron Around then. Had season student tickets most of the time I was there.

The only weird thing was being almost 25 my senior year in a freshman dorm. Felt so weird being around 18 year old kids.

Last edited:

Poe

Reaction Score
Lehigh undergrad, UConn MBA.
Brother class of 2008 and sister class of 2018.

Reaction Score
My high school were the Huskies. Won a state title in 92. Went to UVA undergrad. Grandfather was a captain of Uconn hoops in 1933.

Reaction Score
BA in Economics 88. Five of the best years of my life. 5 > 4.
Probably had a class or 2 together, BA in Econ 87.

I went to campus in spring 92 to get a grad school recommendation letter (not UConn) and my advisor, William Lott (be careful he's still there!) whom I met with once tops while at UConn (mostly my fault) agreed to write a sealed letter 'of recommendation'. I didn't like the look on his face when I asked him so I opened it when I got it. Tore it up. Just say no if you're not able to recommend me, bro.
MBA 1994

Reaction Score
BS in Marketing 82 and MBA in Management 87
When I got there you could have a keg delivered to your room and drink it anywhere, when I left you couldn't have an open container in the hallway.

Reaction Score
1/2 semester of grad school Econ in Spring of '74. We were assigned to read 14 articles the Dept Chairman had placed in the Reserved Reading Room, that never became available. Middle Eastern student borrowed them the first day of class and never returned them. Administration did not discipline the student. Said that the eleven others in the class were racist for complaining.

Reaction Score
Got accepted but unfortunately had some family issues happening at the time and chose CCSU "for a year" then would transfer. Never transferred.

One of my best friends went though and I was up on a weekly basis. So much so that I hooked up with girls that assumed I went there and I went on two spring break trips with UConn people. CCSU's spring break was the week before so I just skipped classes.

Reaction Score
I went for a year and a half, but lived in the Jungle, so they asked me to leave. Finished up at Quinnipiac. Was better for me anyway, small classes, close knit community, New Haven pizza...

Reaction Score
Got into the satellite campus (Avery) - not Storrs, so I went to URI -graduated 2010. Grew up right outside of Storrs.

Reaction Score
Accepted, didn't go.

Went to Springfield College for Sports Management. UConn didn't have the major at the time, Springfield - while being almost entirely a meat-head school even now; has a *really* good Sports Management school and was top 3 in the nation at the time. Loved my time there; but did spend a lot of time on the weekends partying at UConn as I had a deluge of friends who attended. SC couldn't keep up with the joneses in Sports Management, but we've popped a TON of NFL GM's, the founder of Octagon, among others. The decline in performance has affected reputation though....

UConn was #3 on my list. Flirted with UMass but as a 17 year old snot - I hate the hoops team and well, that might have been the reason I didn't go. Had a really odd college list looking back on it. I got into Williams for some reason - was an A- student and had a 1590 on my SAT's out of a really good boarding school; but didn't even express interest in a major there. But yeah - odd list, probably went to the school with the worst overall reputation, somewhere in the middle financially at the time, but a really good program that allowed me to get a ton of practical experience while I was there. So I chose it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom