Bigger Upset LSU or UCLA Losing

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
Which is the the bigger upset? UCLA ranked #23 losing @ JMU a pretty good mid major or LSU losing at Home to Arkansas Little Rock. LSU was ranked #24 in coaches poll.

Reaction Score
UCLA very young and traveling across the country for a road opener. Thought they might be vulnerable.

So LSU is 'bigger', but neither is _that_ big a deal. First game. It happens.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I normally would have said UCLA because I think they are the better team so losing to an unranked team is surprising BUT...

LSU got their asses kicked by almost 20 AT HOME to UALR. Good grief that's like losing to Fairfield or UHart. Just a bad loss for LSU...

In the grand scheme of things it may not seem like a big deal, but if either of those teams are "bubble" teams in the NCAA draw, LSU's loss especially looks to be a really bad one and could hurt them or even cost them a ticket to the big dance. So I disagree that it's "not really a big deal".

Now if LSU had lost to UCLA, I'd agree. Not a big deal...

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score
BTW, there were 82 free throws in the UCLA/JMU game. Five Bruins fouled out.

UCLA lost despite holding JMU to 35% shooting. 26 TO's probably didn't help.

Reaction Score
I say LSU. At least Charlie Creme had James Madison as a #7 tournament seed, so they must be a fair team. I didn't see Arkansas Little Rock anywhere on the list.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
BTW, there were 82 free throws in the UCLA/JMU game. Five Bruins fouled out.

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
LSU.

This is a first game for all those UCLA freshman and they have players coming back from injury. Not to mention they are playing away from home. Lets not forget, JMU is historically a good team with a good young coach. They have had some great players there. Anyone remember Dawn Evans? That is also where Connecticut native Ashley Perez transferred too. UCLA will having growing pains. I am not giving up on them. LSU however.....idk.

Reaction Score
It just goes to showwhat UCONN does every year is very difficult to match.........By t time UCONN tips tonight, we will see some more upsets........Coaching is the biggest difference in why UCONN is the best............Great recruiting classes does not = WINS or Championships...........Ask Tenn, DUKE, Texas and UNC.............Look at all these teams in the Top 20 in mid Feb............Save this Top 25 today and compare it on Feb 15th................

Reaction Score
I'll have to say UCLA but James Madison is a up in coming team dew ct kids on there. But LSU and Arkansas is about on the same level. But johnnyc is right UCLA had a big hype going on

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I voted for LSU, because it was a home game.

Both teams that lost have "U" and "L" in their names. I think Louisville is in BIG trouble. :)

Reaction Score
JMU has been a better-than-decent team for a number of years now, so I don't think
that's a hugh upset.

But LSU getting thumped at home by Little Rock? Wow.

Reaction Score
I attended the game, and I would say LSU. However, they were playing without their best player, Ballard, the person who gets everything going for them. They seem to not know the identity of their team yet. Also they are very small even though UALR wasn't any bigger

Reaction Score
I'll have to say UCLA but James Madison is a up in coming team dew ct kids on there. But LSU and Arkansas is about on the same level. But johnnyc is right UCLA had a big hype going on

Maybe you are confused? This is not the Arkansas Razorbacks of the SEC. It is the Arkansas at Little Rock Trojans from the Sun Belt Conference.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Tennessee isn't doing so wonderfully either

cockhrnleghrn

Crowing rooster
Reaction Score
LSU.

Still looking forward to Rutgers playing LSU next weekend though. :p
As a Garden State native, Rutgers is my 2nd favorite team, so "Go Knights!"

Status
Not open for further replies.