Poll: Best RECRUIT Hurley has landed this far? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll: Best RECRUIT Hurley has landed this far?

Best high school prospect.

• James Bouknight

Votes: 218 72.9%
  • Akok Akok

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • Jalen Gaffney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andre Jackson

Votes: 48 16.1%
  • Adama Sanogo

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Javonte Brown Ferguson

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Rahsool Diggins

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I get you guys are getting into the ratings and all that. Some people are going with bouk cuz he's the best PLAYER.

But Im going with Jackson. He is going to be on a UConn uni posterizing dudes all the time, and that type of physical dominance, athletic dominance, is the #1 thing that always stood out to me about the '00 Huskies and I'm here for bringing it back.

That's where I was - which is why I answered it 3 different players for 3 different interpretations.

You can make a case for Jackson easily depending on how you read the question, and I in fact voted for him.

If I'm being honest, the thing that has me most nervous about Jackson is his choice for 44 as a number. I'm big on numbers and I think 44 stinks. Pistol did it ok, but otherwise I hate 44. He looks like a 22 to me, but if that's not available he should be no higher than 33.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
HAWKINS. I started talking about this kid on here before anyone started - a friend turned me on to him last April. I want him so bad-I just hope L'ville doesn't sneak in

Reaction Score
That was easy
We know Bouk is special
Akok would be close if he had a shot
Everyone else on the list is a big ?

Reaction Score
HAWKINS. I started talking about this kid on here before anyone started - a friend turned me on to him last April. I want him so bad-I just hope L'ville doesn't sneak in
I was talking about him last March so maybe you were second after piggybacking on me

Reaction Score
It's all in how we take the word 'recruit'. Bouknight has already impressed just about everyone. Jackson and Sanogo weren't suppose to choose UConn according to a many people early on, so getting them to Storrs is impressive and important. And we have to see what happens with Akok in the future.
What is most important is that he continues to get athletes and DEVELOPS them. I love Ollie, but for me, this was his biggest shortcoming. Hurley and his staff seem like they know what they are doing?

By the way, is it just me, or with the Covid shutdowns and current state, doesn't it feel like Vital graduated 3 or 4 years ago?

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I get you guys are getting into the ratings and all that. Some people are going with bouk cuz he's the best PLAYER.

But Im going with Jackson. He is going to be on a UConn uni posterizing dudes all the time, and that type of physical dominance, athletic dominance, is the #1 thing that always stood out to me about the '00 Huskies and I'm here for bringing it back.
Bouk and Jackson on the court together with a good distributor in Cole and Gaffney sure feels like an explosive combo. Add in a full strength Akok and it seems like we will have something special. I hope we get a chance to see it.

Reaction Score
This will become dated quickly. I wouldn’t be surprised if higher rated recruits Committing in the next 2 years based on the DH trajectory, the BE exposure, and the rejuvenated UConn brand.

Reaction Score
Most important recruit? Bouknight. He was the first domino in that rebuild year.
I think best high school prospect is Sanogo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom