Poll: Best RECRUIT Hurley has landed this far? | The Boneyard

Poll: Best RECRUIT Hurley has landed this far?

Best high school prospect.

• James Bouknight

Votes: 218 72.9%
  • Akok Akok

Votes: 16 5.4%
  • Jalen Gaffney

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Andre Jackson

Votes: 48 16.1%
  • Adama Sanogo

Votes: 14 4.7%
  • Javonte Brown Ferguson

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Rahsool Diggins

Votes: 2 0.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
Thought this would be an interesting question. There’s easily at least 5 ways this can go as they were all ranked pretty similarly.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Voted Bouk based solely on I have seen him the most. I have not seen the incoming guys at this level. Top recruits always look good at the high school level and opposing talent is always all over the place so it is tough to really tell outside of potential.

Reaction Score
Best player, as Vegas said, is Bouk and given that we haven’t seen any of the younger guys at this level yet and Bouk had a better year than Gaff or Akok, it isn’t close.

Best recruiting win though for Hurley? Taking the question that way imo makes it a lot more interesting. It could be several of the guys on the list, with Jackson (my pick) and Sanogo probably the top two.

Reaction Score
Although the current list of recruits is solid and if I had to pick it would Bouk, but I'm really hoping the best is yet to come.

Reaction Score
It's a little tough to compare guys who have played versus guys who haven't. Bouk is an easy pick based on what we saw from him last year, but I picked Jackson based on how he was viewed as a H.S. prospect when we got a commitment from him. Bouk was underrated because of his injury in HS and obviously significantly outperformed his ranking but I think Jackson was the bigger recruit at the time of commitment.

Reaction Score
Did Bouk have the highest ranking compared to the others?

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
I think Sanogo was the most important recruit. The thought had always been UConn and Hurley could get guards but until Sanogo there was lots of skepticism here about closing a legit big man

Sanogo was my second pick for exactly what you said.

Reaction Score
Did Bouk have the highest ranking compared to the others?

Bouk composite 66
Akok composite 92

I believe Akok was a borderline 5* based on some late AAU performances but got bumped down when he enrolled early. @UcannUconn might remember better than me though

Reaction Score
Based on the hype and potential I would say Andre. But as others have said it’s hard to compare to those who have already played a college season.

Reaction Score
I took this very literally, i think akok was the best HS prospect (& therefore the highest ranked)

This.

Bouknight is the best player from what we've seen so far, and will likely stay that way.

However, Akok was the most hyped prospect and therefore the "best recruit".

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
We need to see these new guys get some minutes. I’ve been seriously impressed with both Akok and Bouk though, and Gaff started coming into his own toward the end of the season. If the new class is any indicator of the guys Danny is brining in, we are in for a heck of a return to the BE and should have fun seasons ahead.

Matrim55

Why is it so hard To make it in America
Reaction Score
Akok was both the best and most important. New England kid, borderline 5-star, massive NBA potential, had 'Cuse and others all over him.

He might not turn out to be the best player of the bunch, but that was the "ok, Danny's got this" moment.

Reaction Score
Do we really need a poll on this? Bouk wins far and away.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Thought this would be an interesting question. There’s easily at least 5 ways this can go as they were all ranked pretty similarly.

Probably Kimani or T.Moore...though Kenya's time away presumably hurt his production - big things ahead for him too hopefully.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
Highest ranked and first big fish (very important): Akok
Best player / best prospect: Bouknight
Most important going forward / Highest ceiling: Jackson

Reaction Score
Bouk is clearly the best. We've seen him and he's the only one with obvious lottery potential.

Akok can and should get to the NBA but he needs some development and I don't see him getting good enough that a team will spend a lottery pick on him but who knows, Hilton Armstrong turned into a lottery pick after being nearly invisible his freshman-junior seasons.

I can't comment on any of the guys we haven't seen play in a UConn uniform yet.

Reaction Score
I get you guys are getting into the ratings and all that. Some people are going with bouk cuz he's the best PLAYER.

But Im going with Jackson. He is going to be on a UConn uni posterizing dudes all the time, and that type of physical dominance, athletic dominance, is the #1 thing that always stood out to me about the '00 Huskies and I'm here for bringing it back.

Reaction Score
Based on the hype and potential I would say Andre. But as others have said it’s hard to compare to those who have already played a college season.

and he’s probably the most decorated being a jordan brand all american and all..

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom