• Katie Lou Samuelson

Votes: 15 10.4%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.7%

• Total voters

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I think it'll be Gabby, but if you got with Lou or napheesa you can't go wrong.
The qualifying error to your view is Gabby was not a unanimous pick for 1st team all-conference. So someone doesn't even think she's one of the 10 best. NC and KLS were unanimous so it will probably be between them two with NC the favorite.

Reaction Score
I chose other because at different points in the season if one hadn't played, we'd have lost. Katie Lou playing sick against Maryland and leading the team in scoring, Gabby against ND and SC and dominating the bigs on both teams, Napheesa saving UConn from certain defeat against Florida St and Tulane. As many have posted, this is truly a team effort, including Kia, Saniya, Natalie and Crystal.

Reaction Score
I went with Napheesa for AAC POY. Numbers aside, she played a even game all the way through plus having the 3 AAC POW awards . No up/down, no documented slups or poor body language etc. She quietly and smoothly scored 39 points and as effortless as it looked, I'm sure it wasn't. I'm not taking away from Lou and Gabby as they have great talent as well but looking at the overall picture.

Reaction Score
I always thought she resembled Maya... as an energizer bunny on the court!

It occurred to me the other day that if you combine Gabby, Napheesa, and Katie Lou together you would get Maya. Gabby is a bit smaller, but is really the only player I would ever compare to Maya athletically. Blocking a shot, making a full court pass, leaping to save a ball from going out of bounds, or put them side by side flying in for a layup. Napheesa somewhat has Maya's motor where she is always sprinting for that opportunity to score. And she has that Maya quality where she'll go to the wrong spot get the ball and score anyway and make it look like that was the right play all along. And then throw in Katie Lou's shooting ability to get Maya.

That's how good Maya was that it takes combining three soon to be All-Americans to encompass all of Maya's abilities and skills.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
It's official, Collier and Samuelson selected as the co-player of the year award. I believe I had that, at least half of that. :) Congratulations to all of the winners.

Huskynut, You're standing far enough away from the forest to see the trees. Your assessment of this situation is correct. Collier had the type of season that demands league recognition. She will get it, tomorrow. With the season over, I wasn't going to do anymore predicting, BUT......There is a lot of wonderment and doubt here regarding the POY selection. Allow me......The envelope says (and very explicitly I might add) Naphseea Collier will be named the AAC Player of the Year!!!!

Carnac, Yesterday at 1:56 PM

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom