Poll 4 seed east or 3 seed other region ? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Poll 4 seed east or 3 seed other region ?

Which one do you prefer?

• 4 seed east region

Votes: 57 36.5%
  • 3 seed some other region

Votes: 99 63.5%

• Total voters
Reaction Score
Definitely a fair angle on it.

Like, if we're in the East then a lot of other teams could have a regional advantage, but out West, where the distance is farther, it likely won't help as many teams.

You literally inspired me to delete my previous post, change my answer and edit this one instead.

I'd rather have a higher seed. Imagine the elation after earning a 3 seed vs the possible letdown of settling for a 4.
The West Regional Finals are in Vegas
That’s just short Drive from AZ or Calif. Also a cheap and short flight .
It will be a home game for UCLA or U of A .
It’s an easy drive through barely populated areas . Distances here and in the Northeast are not comparable.

Reaction Score
The "pressure" angle is overblown, but the boost of being a #3 over a #4, matchup-wise in each round, far exceeds any benefit of being in MSG if we make the second weekend.

Reaction Score
I’d rather be a 4 out West than a 3 in the East. Right now Lunardi has us in the South w Bama and Texas, ugh… rather be out West vs Houston and UCLA

Reaction Score
The "pressure" angle is overblown, but the boost of being a #3 over a #4, matchup-wise in each round, far exceeds any benefit of being in MSG if we make the second weekend.
It's interesting and these seed projections and where want to be make for good copy and yes match ups and seeding matter. But if we want this team to go far, they can't be afraid of their own shadow or afraid of certain 14 seeds and all that. And they will have to beat very good teams to get far. The Jim Calhoun attitude in me surfaces and says "let's shows everyone watching why we are great and beat the hell out of this team. We are not stuck on the same court as them, they are stuck on the same court as us".

Having said all of that, my sights are set on just winning one game first and hopefully that has a domino effect. I am not on the team so my attitude can't affect UConn's performance, but I have the old cliche in my head, "one game at a time". I think UConn players would be best served with that. Don't think about getting to the Final Four or the end goal, just focus on the current opponent and game. Win enough and the rest will take care of itself.

Reaction Score
3 seed other. Problem is K State or Gonzaga might end up the 3 in the west and we might get shipped south. I'd rather be a 3 out west.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I mean more how there's always South, West, and East, but for some reason, always Midwest instead of North for the brackets.
Fewest schools in the west so it goes north To south. Midwest includes Kansas Missouri and Big Ten country to Ohio. East is northeast and MidAtlantic. DC to Western NY and up, including PA. South is Texas to Virginia. Roughly maps of population and number of schools.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I'd rather play a #2 or #7 in the Sweet Sixteen than a #1.
I’d rather play Purdue or Houston than Texas right now. Honestly looking more at who we face than the seeds.

Reaction Score
even though I didn’t agree before, I vote east region. I feel like the kids/coach learned from their stupidity & will use it to their advantage. playing “home” shouldn’t be a distraction, should be advantage. your fans are all there for effs sake

UConnSwag11

Storrs, CT The Mecca
Reaction Score
Didn’t the selection committee have us as a 5 seed and we only won Q2/Q3 games since then?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom