POLL: #2 Stanford at #1 S. Carolina TUESDAY | Page 2 | The Boneyard

POLL: #2 Stanford at #1 S. Carolina TUESDAY

Who Wins the Last 1 vs 2 matchup of 2021?

• Stanford

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • S. Carolina

Votes: 54 75.0%
  • Overtime either way

Votes: 2 2.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction Score
Should be a great game. Boston has stepped up big lately. I think her and Bueckers are the players that make their teams separate their teams from the rest.

Reaction Score
Nope. Stanford just is not ready for what they are going to have to deal with in Cola.

Reaction Score
Yikes, Stanford needs to figure out a way to get Haley Jones more involved on the offensive end. Or she needs to be more aggressive. She's hard to stop off of the bounce, and could have capitalized on SC being in the bonus late in the 4th. Also though Wilson and Lacie Hull had a lot of questionable decision making that got SC back into the game.

Was interesting to see SC find success with Cooke on the bench. A trademark of great teams is finding different ways to win.

Reaction Score
nah, Denstanni Henderson is the player to be drafted. Better than Rhyne Howard and and Nlyssa Smith she is just the one and if you can't see it I don't know what to tell you at this point.

Reaction Score
I thought arm bars could only be used on a posted player. A perimeter player, even with their back to the basket is not a post player. NCAA needs to remind the refs.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Congratulations to Dawn, her staff and her players. They beat another top 2 team in Stanford. Down 18 in the first half, they fought back and surged ahead at the end. They were resilient and found a way to win. The mark and characteristics of a champion. That was a great game to watch.

Reaction Score
Yikes, Stanford needs to figure out a way to get Haley Jones more involved on the offensive end. Or she needs to be more aggressive. She's hard to stop off of the bounce, and could have capitalized on SC being in the bonus late in the 4th. Also though Wilson and Lacie Hull had a lot of questionable decision making that got SC back into the game.

Was interesting to see SC find success with Cooke on the bench. A trademark of great teams is finding different ways to win.
Jones is shooting 37% this season. Maybe it's the injury, but she's reverted to the bad form she was in before the tournament last year. She's not athletic enough to beat SC's wings regularly (I don't know who is).

Reaction Score

I mean, she basically had her legs taken out from under her. Luckily she wasn’t injured. But she didn’t look right after that

TheFarmFan

Stanford Fan, Huskies Admirer
Reaction Score
I’m actually glad we lost this while keeping it close to the end, which was what I was thinking late in the 3rd when SC tied it up. We need a loss like that to get us more focused on executing for four straight quarters, but we also know we can beat a top team on their home floor with home cooked reffing. Lots to learn from on this one, and props to SC for staying composed and climbing out of that huge hole. It’s all about learning in December to execute when it matters in March.

Now where’s my spiked eggnog, extra stiff?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
whatever the game is over. The best team wins obviously. Nice play for 1 half of basketball Stanford.

Reaction Score
I have been really impressed with Henderson all year. I'm not sure if its the Americup experience, but she just playing with a certain level of maturity this year. I remember last year before one of the tournament games, Coach Staley said she was telling her to be more aggressive, and that one of the reasons she was not that aggressive in a particular game was because she didn't shoot well in shootaround. Which prompted a huge eye roll from Staley.lol. I just feel she's way past that. Dare I say the best pure point guard in the nation right now.

In any event, Stanford is really good and I think will continue to improve as the season goes on. So many players are playing different roles and being relied on more. I think they are starting to figure out roles and rotations. Their stars just have to just play a little more like stars. But they can definitely compete for a title again. Also I'm glad Belibi had a great game. She's so talented, Stanford has to get her some minutes, and opportunities where she can just roll to the rim and use her athleticism.

Reaction Score
I’m actually glad we lost this, which was what I was thinking late in the 3rd when SC tied it up. We need a loss like that to get us more focused on executing for four straight quarters, but we also know we can beat a top team on their home floor with home cooked reffing. Lots to learn from on this one, and props to SC for staying composed and climbing out of that huge hole. It’s all about learning in December to execute when it matters in March.

Now where’s my eggnog?
You get that we are barely trying right? We spotted you a 14 point lead at the half and you still couldn't win. Get bent over!!

Reaction Score
Hell of a game.

Stanford is one physical tough team.

Rebounding numbers were even. Will have to adjust the language on the rebounding streak slightly.

Another game where South Carolina totally lost composure and dug a big hole but was able to cone all the way back.

A lot of SC players were doing my least favorite thing about them.

I suggest not doing that the next time.

It was a very similar game to last year minus Cooke and Jones and maybe one offensive rebound.

I've defended Henderson and stumped for her for 2-3 years now and feel like maybe she finally will get a little more respect.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NYCVET

Top Bottom