Podcast with Mercer Head Coach Susie Gardner | The Boneyard

Podcast with Mercer Head Coach Susie Gardner

Reaction Score
Hi all,

I got some time on The Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast with Mercer coach Susie Gardner ahead of our match up on Saturday. Really enjoyed my conversation with her. She gives her initial thoughts on the match up against UConn, shares how her program has grown over the past 10 years, breaks down her roster, and more! Tune in below or wherever else you listen to your podcasts.

Reaction Score
Hi all,

I got some time on The Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast with Mercer coach Susie Gardner ahead of our match up on Saturday. Really enjoyed my conversation with her. She gives her initial thoughts on the match up against UConn, shares how her program has grown over the past 10 years, breaks down her roster, and more! Tune in below or wherever else you listen to your podcasts.

Thanks for posting. Nice Head Coach. I liked her comment about noticing one particular
UCONN player .. She particularly noticed " number 33 " !! . She couldn't give the name at once, but... she
saw enough on the game tapes to get her attention! So have we all! GO HUSKIES!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Nice interview. I did not know Mercer is in Georgia so it was interesting to hear her talk about ONO having watched her in high school, and Williams "from nearby Arkansas".

So it made me think, and she mentiond she was a little surprised to be sent so far up north (maybe thought her team would be closer to home for regional reasons) - our first 2 rounds - the opponents really couldn't be further away (unless maybe they were from Southern California). Georgia, and 2 teams from Florida. Welcome to Wintry Connecticut!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Nice interview. I did not know Mercer is in Georgia so it was interesting to hear her talk about ONO having watched her in high school, and Williams "from nearby Arkansas".

So it made me think, and she mentiond she was a little surprised to be sent so far up north (maybe thought her team would be closer to home for regional reasons) - our first 2 rounds - the opponents really couldn't be further away (unless maybe they were from Southern California). Georgia, and 2 teams from Florida. Welcome to Wintry Connecticut!

I keep hearing the southern schools saying they are surprised they are going north (like UCF). Is there a history of teams relatively low in the seeding being placed to the closest site that they would expect it? :confused:

Reaction Score
That was a great listen - thoroughly enjoyed it. Well grounded coach who does her homework. My favorite part was finding out when they were going to play and on National TV she had to ask the other coaches if they should dress up for the game! :)

Reaction Score
That was a great listen - thoroughly enjoyed it. Well grounded coach who does her homework. My favorite part was finding out when they were going to play and on National TV she had to ask the other coaches if they should dress up for the game! :)

My favorite part as well!

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
Love listening to Susie Gardner; I hope she'll get another opportunity to coach a big-time WBB program, though she seems happy there at Mercer.

But Susie, Murder, She Wrote was on CBS, not ABC!!

Reaction Score
Two favorite parts. One, "okay you guys we are not going to go up there being big-eyed and ask for autographs." And the other was that she asked her players whether they watched any UConn games and they said, "coach we've been watching UConn all year."

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I keep hearing the southern schools saying they are surprised they are going north (like UCF). Is there a history of teams relatively low in the seeding being placed to the closest site that they would expect it? :confused:

Yes.

Reaction Score
She is a great coach. Geno should show some mercy to Mercer tomorrow.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom