Podcast with Caron Butler | The Boneyard

Podcast with Caron Butler

Reaction Score
Hey everyone - was going to drop this Monday, but figured I'd release it early while we're all stuck inside. Got some time with Caron for a great conversation for The Connecticut Scoreboard Podcast.

We talked about all things UConn - his recruitment, his decision to come back for his soph year, the Maryland game, Calhoun stories and more.

Check it out:

Reaction Score
Does he talk the KO situation? If so I’m uninterested, if not it sounds like a good listen

Reaction Score
Obviously this goes without saying, but Caron is a flat out awesome dude. Whoever came up with the saying "Never meet your heroes" was not talking about him. He's the genuine article.
I agree. I've told this story before but his first year in the NBA his team was playing the Celtics in Boston and we decided we were going to try to say hello. I think ThirtyThree was with me. During warm ups we got close to the floor and yelled "UConn" trying to get his attention. When he saw us he immediately came over and shook our hands and talked for about 15 seconds. I thought it was pretty cool he did that.

I've done that with other UConn guys in the NBA and they usually acknowledge you with a wink (Kemba always does that) or a wave and/or head nod. But nobody else has ever come over and shook my hand and spoke to me.

Reaction Score
Great guy and excellent listen, thank you. Love his story on JC as I can imagine the crowd yelling to get Caron back in and him making it even longer because of that. Add to it him yelling at people why he's not coming in that's beautiful!

We were lucky to have Caron in our fav teams uni for 2 years weren't we?

Reaction Score
Took our conversation about the tourney game against Maryland and put some of his highlights from that game as well

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom