Please stop the Insanity | The Boneyard

Please stop the Insanity

Reaction Score
I have been watching the Montez Mathis thread re; recruiting While I wish the young man the best he needs to want to be here. If he doesn't commit, we will go on. If the AAC is our affiliation, we will go on. We have no patience. One would think we were recruiting the next Michael Jordan. It is my opinion and perhaps only my opinion that we cannot reverse last years MBB record and recruit exodus unless two things are hard core principles from our coaching staff. One, enough talent to bring value which few on this board, including myself can truly ascertain and two, they must want to be at UConn. I remember Shabazz holding out his jersey proudly displaying our name and colors. That is the attitude we must recruit. All the rest can/will fall into line.

Lastly a note to coach Ollie. I have always been proud of your commitment and respect for the name on the front of the jersey. I believe most here have your back so to speak but please keep your promises. We were to be a run and press team. We are a boring team! We were not a committed team the last several years. If you stay true to your word we will come back, the recruits we want will commit, but this part is on you. While I want to win, I want to respect our attitude and effort More. Bring that back and the rest will fall into line. I want them to fear the Husky and I want to respect the Husky. So should you! Ten toes in, starts with your commitment to stick to your guns and keep your promises.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Tl:dr. But stick it in your hat anyway.

Reaction Score
susan-powter.jpg

Reaction Score
It's even worse to be losing 80-100 ranked players than the top 10. At least the top 10 are going to Duke, UK, etc. We lost out to Rutgers and St. John's. But hey, Ollie is the king of making the Top 5 list. Problem is he doesn't land anyone.

Reaction Score
It's even worse to be losing 80-100 ranked players than the top 10. At least the top 10 are going to Duke, UK, etc. We lost out to Rutgers and St. John's. But hey, Ollie is the king of making the Top 5 list. Problem is he doesn't land anyone.
KO is a charismatic likeable guy - with a lot of baggage. It's why we end up so close but don't close.

Reaction Score
I have been watching the Montez Mathis thread re; recruiting While I wish the young man the best he needs to want to be here. If he doesn't commit, we will go on. If the AAC is our affiliation, we will go on. We have no patience. One would think we were recruiting the next Michael Jordan. It is my opinion and perhaps only my opinion that we cannot reverse last years MBB record and recruit exodus unless two things are hard core principles from our coaching staff. One, enough talent to bring value which few on this board, including myself can truly ascertain and two, they must want to be at UConn. I remember Shabazz holding out his jersey proudly displaying our name and colors. That is the attitude we must recruit. All the rest can/will fall into line.

Lastly a note to coach Ollie. I have always been proud of your commitment and respect for the name on the front of the jersey. I believe most here have your back so to speak but please keep your promises. We were to be a run and press team. We are a boring team! We were not a committed team the last several years. If you stay true to your word we will come back, the recruits we want will commit, but this part is on you. While I want to win, I want to respect our attitude and effort More. Bring that back and the rest will fall into line. I want them to fear the Husky and I want to respect the Husky. So should you! Ten toes in, starts with your commitment to stick to your guns and keep your promises.

Wrong. Losing to Northeastern and Wagner is the problem. No way to fix it until we win those types of games.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score

I agree for the most part, except it's difficult to see how the team was uncommitted in 2013 and 2014. In 2013 we had a better regular season record in the Big East than the 2011 NC team had, during a season when we knew we were going nowhere post season. And we won a NC in 2014.

For the past three seasons yes, that's a valid point, particularly our most recent injury riddled year. We now know we had a few guys with one foot already out the door for some part of, if not most of the season. That cannot be good for team chemistry.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
I can't wait for the season to start and the talk to end, the hate is sometimes suffocating, just not rational

It's actually unhealthy

How will you react to the inevitable January handwringing?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I can't wait for the season to start and the talk to end, the hate is sometimes suffocating, just not rational

What's all this "hate" you reference? I've seen very little of it directed to the team and the coach. Pointing out that someone making millions of dollars is not doing the job is not hate. The only real hate I've seen has been directed to fellow posters who refuse to kid themselves and former players who left for a less dysfunctional situation.

Reaction Score
Things will start rolling our way again with success on the floor, and we are several months from knowing that. I'm putting a hold on my vilification process.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I agree for the most part, except it's difficult to see how the team was uncommitted in 2013 and 2014. In 2013 we had a better regular season record in the Big East than the 2011 NC team had, during a season when we knew we were going nowhere post season. And we won a NC in 2014.

For the past three seasons yes, that's a valid point, particularly our most recent injury riddled year. We now know we had a few guys with one foot already out the door for some part of, if not most of the season. That cannot be good for team chemistry.

I don't see how the team was uncommitted in 2015. They just didn't have what they needed at the PG position. Put Adams of this year, or even last year, on that team, and you'd be looking at entirely different results.

Despite it's hiccups, I liked that team.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom