Please read - Regarding posting Olympic results | The Boneyard

Please read - Regarding posting Olympic results

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
I'm requesting that people please NOT post final scores/results in their subject line when starting a thread on an Olympic competition. There are folks that like to DVR competitions and watch them in their entirety without knowing how it will turn out. I'm fine with discussions of whatever Olympic sport you want to discuss, just please don't post the final result in the subject line and please do mark your post as a Spoiler or Results Here or some other such thing.

Reaction Score
Can someone please tell the network news people to give a little bit of warning! Brian Williams, you need to give more of a lead in like "if you don't want to know results turn off the volume or change the channel now" before launching into a story with spoiler information on the premise that the news has "rocketed around the world" - as if everyone, of course, already knows. Really? :mad:

Okay, I will take my lumps and should have known NOT to watch the NBC Nightly News seeing as they are broadcasting the games, but still...I couldn't get to the remote fast enough before his blabber mouth spoiled something for me that is going to be on the broadcast tonight.

Lesson learned. No more listening to sports reports on the radio or network news. Local news might be out too. Looks like I won't be checking my AOL email either, since they have their front page plastered with newsy stuff. Good thing that is my spam account that I can easily go two weeks or more without checking it.

Have to remember to turn off my "breaking news" alerts from CNN and NBC news. Going to do that now in fact.

Or....maybe I should just give up and let the suspense be spoiled. :(

Reaction Score
The internet is a bad place to be if you don't want spoilers on results. Especially social media. They can't wait to spill the beans.

Reaction Score
Also note that on Tapatalk for mobile devices, you can see the first part of the first line of the actual post in addition to the Thread Title

Reaction Score
Also note that on Tapatalk for mobile devices, you can see the first part of the first line of the actual post in addition to the Thread Title
Yeah, I noticed that too so I am not using it! I don't listen to talk radio, haven't turned on ESPN since Friday, I don't even watch the local 5-6:30 news or the national news. Dropped all my "breaking news" email alerts too. With the exception one minor mishap, I have been successful at not knowing the results of the marquee events until I watch them. Unfortunately, my work productivity has declined as I tend to nod off during the day. At my age, 5 hours of sleep just doesn't cut it!

Kudos to all posters! You are doing a fabulous job in not divulging results and clearly marking threads with spoilers as being just that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom