Please fire Bill Walton ESPN | The Boneyard

Please fire Bill Walton ESPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’ll bet even Walton knows that posting on this messageboard is not an effective way to communicate with the people at ESPN who might have something to do with decisions related to his employment there.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Walton's the most polarizing color guy going.

If you got rid of Walton, half the people would mourn, while the other celebrated.

Reaction Score
Bill Walton is not stoned on the air, that is just the way he rolls. When he’s doing a game there isn’t much he misses and breaks down action as he sees fit. A serious X’s and O’s coach/announcer in his place would have shredded us far worse than he did. Thank goodness he went off the rails to divert attention from our disaster. What did you want him to say about what we were watching? If the game was close he would have been mostly basketball analysis. To me and many other fans it’s fun and refreshing but admittedly not so much when we’re getting shellacked.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
For the first time in my life, I muted the TV. I couldn't take him.I rarely hammer on sports announcers, but this time? I am shocked you didn't see a hook come out of no where and yank him off. I think even his partner was dazed and confused.

Reaction Score
For the first time in my life, I muted the TV. I couldn't take him.I rarely hammer on sports announcers, but this time? I am shocked you didn't see a hook come out of no where and yank him off. I think even his partner was dazed and confused.

Pretty sure Roxy, his partner, always announces with him

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Bill Walton is not stoned on the air, that is just the way he rolls. When he’s doing a game there isn’t much he misses and breaks down action as he sees fit. A serious X’s and O’s coach/announcer in his place would have shredded us far worse than he did. Thank goodness he went off the rails to divert attention from our disaster. What did you want him to say about what we were watching? If the game was close he would have been mostly basketball analysis. To me and many other fans it’s fun and refreshing but admittedly not so much when we’re getting shellacked.

Hes forgotten more about hoops than this board knows collectively, and I'll even include chief in that statement.

He's universally recognized as the most fundementally sound player to ever play.

Ive loved Walton since the 70s . He can do no wrong in my eyes, but the fact that recently he draws out such hatred and meltdowns for being a happy go lucky guy only ups my admiration.

Reaction Score
He's my favorite.

But... small doses and not in important games. It would actually be ideal if he was just hanging out at these tournaments and only called loser bracket games or they brought him in during the 2nd half of a blowout like a relief pitcher.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Walton's the most polarizing color guy going.

If you got rid of Walton, half the people would mourn, while the other celebrated.
So you, too, acknowledge his presidential potential?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom