Please beat the Bearcats | The Boneyard

Please beat the Bearcats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I know you guys are capable and I will be rooting for you

For whatever reason, Cinci always seems to have our number. I don't have high hopes this week.

Reaction Score
Cinci looked good last week, players who can run all over the field, solid specials, an athletic QB. We will have to play our best game yet to win. I hope fans don't bug out due to the late start time and we get at least 25,000 to the game.

Reaction Score
Cinci looked good last week, players who can run all over the field, solid specials, an athletic QB. We will have to play our best game yet to win. I hope fans don't bug out due to the late start time and we get at least 25,000 to the game.

I'll be there with about 5 others from our tailgate group. Realistically I think closer to 20k will attend.

Bonehead

'Ollie North of the Cesspool'
Reaction Score
It all depends on who plays QB - just ask anyone on our board...

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
For whatever reason, Cinci always seems to have our number. I don't have high hopes this week.

I'm just spitballing here... but that reason might be they usually have a better team?

Reaction Score
UConn is coming off a very bad loss to Army with an extra week to think about it. I have a feeling that the Huskies are going to play well on Saturday.

Reaction Score
catj-bring your j to hoops, sounds like you climbing wrong boards

however: you on own; expect nil help since this squad uses live schedule for training exercise experiment with no delineated, measureable training objectives or any semblance of decision tree logic

Reaction Score
dont see it after Army debacle, but that's why games get played because you never know.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
I'm just spitballing here... but that reason might be they usually have a better team?

Yup, they usually do. And they do again this year.

Reaction Score
BlueDogs said:
dont see it after Army debacle, but that's why games get played because you never know.

Didn't see the Army debacle coming after UCF. Army was lost due to the game plan.

This game needs to be played the way we played ECU and UCF. As long as the staff sticks with the same scheme, we have a chance to compete. Unfortunately, our defensive sets were completely wrong for Army and the wtf nature of what that was all about makes me afraid we'll come out for Cincy ready to defend the triple option.

Reaction Score
I think regardless of who's QB, we'll be able to move the ball on offense. Hank Hughes is not exactly known for his pressure defense. He's more of a bend but don't break, keep everything in front of you, don't jam any receivers at the line and have the DBs start 5 yards back kinda guy.

RedSoloCup

2 golf tournaments...
Reaction Score
I think regardless of who's QB, we'll be able to move the ball on offense. Hank Hughes is not exactly known for his pressure defense. He's more of a bend but don't break, keep everything in front of you, don't jam any receivers at the line and have the DBs start 5 yards back kinda guy.
How can you be sure?

Reaction Score
How can you be sure?

We've moved the ball the best we have all year (except for Boise State) with both Whitmer and Fox the last three games against ECU, UCF and Army. Even though the offense still sputters out at times, you can see a vast improvement from BYU and Stony Brook to now. Hughes' defense is prone to give up a lot of yards (as seen last year by our defense) and is giving up a ton of points every game. The only reason Cincy wins is because they have the firepower to get into a shootout. I'm not saying we'll win the game (I think we can and it'll be closer than most predict), I'm just saying that UConn should and will be able to move the ball on Cincy's defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom