Playing with Confidence | The Boneyard

Playing with Confidence

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
We have been building towards yesterdays blowout of Tenn the past few games. This was no fluke. In the Depaul and Creighton games you could see we were beginning to play together. You saw the grit, the intensity, and the passion. Yesterday the confidence began to show in the second half and you could see the smiles on each kids face on the floor and on the bench. We did it with Caroline and Paige on the bench and Dorka coming back from an injury with limited minutes. We did it with UConns old fashioned passing game. poise and execution. We moved the ball well yesterday taking our time to find an open shooter. One key I saw was Geno playing 2 bigs and giving them rest by bringing Dorka off the bench for a few minutes. That kept us from getting into big foul trouble. Next we have Marquette Nova and Depaul and I expect more of the same because of confidence we played with in the second half of the Depaul Creighton and the entire Tenn game. Dorka and Caroline should be back for those games.

I feel UConn is riding sky high right now. Its been a tuff season and I hope we've turned the corner. The question is going to be for opponents, how do you defend UConn. Caroline and Azzi have arrived and everybody else is playing better. Paige is due back in a few weeks. How do you defend that? If your a UConn fan right now you have to be happy. We UConn fans have been waiting for this. If you not you've got to wonder what your chances are. UConn rebounded with Tenn yesterday. UConn shot over 40% which is down from where they were the past few games which was over 50%. The scary thing about UConn is we're getting better and we are not where we're gonna be in a few weeks. How much better will we be if we stay healthy???????? Think about it.

This team is only getting better and has caused a real concern for the selection committee on where to place UConn. Many of us felt preseason we were really good. We're beginning to see how good we are and dreaming about how good we are going to become by the end of the season. We are playing with confidence right now and thats very dangerous for our opponents.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom