Playing time | The Boneyard

Playing time

Status
Not open for further replies.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Kaleena, Stewie, and Moriah played all 40 tonight. It's tough for the 3rd game in 3 days. Way to go!

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Why did kiah play so little?

2 Fouls on Kiah Stokes in the first half and another pretty quick one in the second half. Gabby did her usual energentic job when she came in. And she got 2 very questionable fouls called on her too.

Or are you asking about Kia Nurse? She was subbed by Saniya as she usually is. Could be her foot was bothering he a bit from that last game although her movement looked OK. Lots of decisions are also made on matchups. Not sure what the coaches felt about that, but with SFU not having a lot of height it was probably a good time for Gabby.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Why did kiah play so little?

I missed early part of game on tv but heard on radio- after she got a rebound -- it sounded like she blew a wide open layup then seconds later at the defensive end committed a dumb foul by leaving her feet trying to block a shot. My guess is he got disgusted similar to the USC game when she didn't dive on the floor.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
I missed early part of game on tv but heard on radio- after she got a rebound -- it sounded like she blew a wide open layup then seconds later at the defensive end committed a dumb foul by leaving her feet trying to block a shot. My guess is he got disgusted similar to the USC game when she didn't dive on the floor.

She got 2 fouls that's why. It wasn't a "dumb" foul but a pretty clean block like she usually makes.

Reaction Score
She got 2 fouls that's why. It wasn't a "dumb" foul but a pretty clean block like she usually makes.

I didn't know about the 2nd foul - I was also in-and-out fo the car at the time. But Bob Joyce on the radio sort of chastised her for leaving her feet saying she no way should have done it. He made it sound like it was bad dumb foul. But if the call was a joke - okay- I was at the mercy of the broadcast. Thanks though - 2 fouls you go to the bench.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
I thought Gabby deserved to play instead of Kia. Smart move by Geno.
Basically, I was referring to the second half. Gabby played with the other four starters in place of Kia Nurse. And she did a great job guarding Courtney Williams (no relation), which gave Jefferson a huge break from chasing Courtney all around. Nothing against Kia, but Gabby played her usual great game, she is like a magnet for offensive rebounds.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Kaleena, Stewie, and Moriah played all 40 tonight. It's tough for the 3rd game in 3 days. Way to go!
USF had three players with 40 minutes, and Courtney Williams had 39. Courtney Williams used a lot of energy running around trying to shake MoJeff, and later Gabby Williams. I give USF players a lot of credit, they have a lot of heart. The only thing they were lacking was height, with UConn taller at four of the five positions.

I can still remember from long ago how difficult ( and frustrating) it is to play basketball against someone taller than you.

Reaction Score
Yet another game where Saniya didn't light up the stat sheet, but she played very tight, lock down defense. She has shown tremendous improvement in this area.

ctfjr

Life is short, ride hard
Reaction Score
Yet another game where Saniya didn't light up the stat sheet, but she played very tight, lock down defense. She has shown tremendous improvement in this area.

I must have been at a different game or in a different parallel universe. As much as I want to see Chong succeed, she was no asset on the floor yesterday. For what I thought she was going to achieve this year, she has a long way to go.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
I must have been at a different game or in a different parallel universe. As much as I want to see Chong succeed, she was no asset on the floor yesterday. For what I thought she was going to achieve this year, she has a long way to go.

I had a Deja Vu minute last night flashing back to last years tournament where Chong was a huge non factor. Except this year Auriemma wasn't tearing his hair out over her play. While she defended better this year - and got more minutes - offensively she didn't contribute much. Her stat sheet is kinda' bare considering that she played 18 minutes. One of three shooting, a foul and a turnover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom