Playing NC State in December at Jimmy V Classic | The Boneyard

Playing NC State in December at Jimmy V Classic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Great. . . another big time OOC team for UConn to lose to. Too bad they didn't play them the last few years, when the "Pack" was so-so and UConn good

Reaction Score
Great. . . another big time OOC team for UConn to lose to. Too bad they didn't play them the last few years, when the "Pack" was so-so and UConn good

I know what you mean but not the attitude to have. Let's go out there and beat them to make a statement!!

Reaction Score

So what are you saying? We should just try and stay off the grid next year?

Reaction Score
We have to beat them. My brother, wife and sister in-law are NC state alums!

Doomed!

babysheep

Rocky
Reaction Score
So what are you saying? We should just try and stay off the grid next year?
I just really, really don't want to see us lose to NC freakin' State, regardless of how good they're supposed to be this year.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
We'll win by 8.

Reaction Score
Great news. Always wanted to see Uconn play in this. Since the schedule sets up that we play at St Johns next season, at least we still get two games in the Garden to make up for not being able to play in the BET.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
with the more than possible thought of uconn not in the BET, this was a easy sell for all involved. it gives the jimmy v a local team thats fanbase will be hungy to see the game becuase its the only 1 for the year there. something that never happens to uconn. uconn i'm sure was happy to be able to be on the other end of that thought.

Reaction Score

See, this type of post is why we need a dislike button on this board.

*k this attitude. We're thin up front but we've got a hall of fame coach and four top 100 players on this team. We might not be great next year, but some of you guys act like we're barely fielding a D-1 team next year. Bring on N.C. State, it would be a great victory and you to the rest of the country.

Reaction Score
Next year more than ever it's important to be featured in marquee games against high-caliber opponents. We need to project that we are still a top program that merits billing in these high-profile events.

If we play a soft schedule and fade from the public eye, that plays exactly into the perception that we are a program on the decline.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
MSG is the only place I want to see UConn playing a marquee opponent that's not at the Civic Center or Gampel. I hate when our home schedule gets compromised by neutral site games or preseason tournaments and we can 'afford' to just schedule cupcakes until Big East play starts.

I think it is important to have 1 game at MSG every single year in order to build our presence in NYC.

With no Big East Championship to look forward to this year, it's a game I will definitely be attending.

Reaction Score
Wouldn't be shocked if the NCAA retroactively slapped a "pre-season" tourney ban on UConn for 1993 APR score.

NC State should start looking for a replacement team....say goodbye to the USVI tourney as well.

Reaction Score
Next year more than ever it's important to be featured in marquee games against high-caliber opponents. We need to project that we are still a top program that merits billing in these high-profile events.

If we play a soft schedule and fade from the public eye, that plays exactly into the perception that we are a program on the decline.

One minor correction, "it's more important to win marquee games against high-caliber opponents". Remember UConn had to step on and step over a lot of high-caliber opponents on its rise to national prominence. Don't ever want to lose ground to those same programs. Case in point, hated to lose to Tennessee this past season. Also, kinda glad in retrospect that UConn didn't wind up against Kentucky this season the way they were floundering at the end of the season. How sweet that the Huskies beat them not once but twice last season. Love savoring that one.

Reaction Score
I could care less about the score, I just want to see good ole UConn basketball next season. Old school effort!

I will not put expectations on this team next year with our 'decimated' squad. I'll just let them surprise me as I cheer and salute their effort.

Reaction Score
I could care less about the score, I just want to see good ole UConn basketball next season. Old school effort!

I will not put expectations on this team next year with our 'decimated' squad. I'll just let them surprise me as I cheer and salute their effort.

Hence my comment about having NC State on the schedule next year. It's not like UConn plays them often, so when they do appear (tourney, OOC game) it's important to beat their a$$es. As for cheering and saluting their effort . . . this is UConn basketball . . . they don't reload, they rebuild. Just win baby.

Reaction Score
We must win this game, my girlfriend is a huge NC State fan, and she will never let me hear the end of it.

Funny how when we might have a down year (according to our standards) and they will have a up year.. we play them. That being said, we might not be as down as people think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom