Players to watch in the Tournament | The Boneyard

Players to watch in the Tournament

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
I know I am excited to see some players that have not gotten much TV/East Coast exposure. And while threads take many twists and turns, I am hopeful this thread stays positive towards all player without UConn across their uniforms as there are many very good players elsewhere.
For me, I hope to see Meg Gustafson from Iowa, Marie Gulich from Oregon St, Brittany McPhee from Stanford, Sabrina Ionescu from Oregon (yes, I have seen her 4 times but I really enjoy how she sees the floor and passes, looking so effortless), Jordin Canada and Monique Billings from UCLA, Lexi Brown and Rebecca Greenwell from Duke, and Chennedy Carter from Texas A&M.

Who are the others that we should keep an eye out for?

I love this month...:)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Just a few for starters:
  • Kahlia Lawrence of Mercer. Three-time SoCon MVP, fantastic scorer, WNBA potential.
  • Presley Hudson and Tinara Moore of Central Michigan. Both averaging over 18 ppg.
  • Macy Miller of South Dakota State.
  • Jill Barta of Gon-ZAG-a.
  • Matchup of Tiana Mangakahia of Syracuse (national assists leader) vs. Loryn Goodwin of Oklahoma State (all-around statsheet stuffer).

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
Adding another here:

Stephanie Reid of Buffalo, lots of points and assists from her. She exited the MAC final in the 4th quarter with an ankle injury, but if she's healthy then USF better know all about her.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I’ve seen 4 games in person this year:

UConn v. UCLA

UConn v. Temple

UConn v. USF

Oregon State v. Wyoming

I’m looking forward to seeing as many of the names listed in the posts above as possible. I’m also looking forward to seeing the players on Oregon State and Oregon.

Some others of interest for me:

Laksa

Sierra Calhoun, Harper, and Mitchell

William, McGowan, and Vivians

The back-up PG for Baylor

Cunningham and Gustafson

Kaila Charles

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Just a few for starters:
  • Kahlia Lawrence of Mercer. Three-time SoCon MVP, fantastic scorer, WNBA potential.
  • Presley Hudson and Tinara Moore of Central Michigan. Both averaging over 18 ppg.
  • Macy Miller of South Dakota State.
  • Jill Barta of Gon-ZAG-a.
  • Matchup of Tiana Mangakahia of Syracuse (national assists leader) vs. Loryn Goodwin of Oklahoma State (all-around statsheet stuffer).
I kind of like the auto-correct to Gorgonzola. These are Gon-zaga’s salad days.

Reaction Score
Michigan: Katelynn Flaherty
Oregon: Sabrina Ionescu
Boise State: Marta Hermida & Shalen Shaw
St Francis: Jessica Kovatch & Ace Harrison
Minnesota: Carlie Wagner

Plebe

Reaction Score
Other great players for Minnesota: Gadiva Hubbard and Kenisha Bell
For Green Bay: Jessica Lindstrom

Reaction Score
Michigan: Katelynn Flaherty
Oregon: Sabrina Ionescu
Boise State: Marta Hermida & Shalen Shaw
St Francis: Jessica Kovatch & Ace Harrison
Minnesota: Carlie Wagner
The other Oregon Duck players to look for are Matai Corzola, and Ruthy Hebard. At Oregon State keep your eyes on Kat Tudor (should she get hot from 3-point land), and, Mikayla Pivec.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
The other Oregon Duck players to look for are Matai Corzola, and Ruthy Hebard. At Oregon State keep your eyes on Kat Tudor (should she get hot from 3-point land), and, Mikayla Pivec.
The few times I have seen Oregon play this year Satou Sabally is the most dangerous added ingredient. She is 6'4", long, and athletic with 3pt range and a matchup nightmare wherever you put her on the floor.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The few times I have seen Oregon play this year Satou Sabally is the most dangerous added ingredient. She is 6'4", long, and athletic with 3pt range and a matchup nightmare wherever you put her on the floor.
Sabally’s sister will play at Oregon, next year I believe. Yikes!

Reaction Score
I should have included Satou, but truthfully, Matai and Ruthy are far more important to the Ducks. Satou, being a freshman, has been amazing for the Ducks this year. I just expect more from Matai and Ruthy in the tournament.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom